[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm a noise man myself. Merzbow, Kazumoto Endo, Whitehouse,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5
File: 3541468391-1.jpg (794 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
3541468391-1.jpg
794 KB, 900x900
I'm a noise man myself. Merzbow, Kazumoto Endo, Whitehouse, I could go on...
>>
merzbow is good though. Hybrid noisebloom is a 10/10
>>
if your gonna listen to a CD of someone just farting a bunch of shit out why not listen to what's considered the best?
>>
>>62945684
Paradoxa Paradoxa. :)
>>
How do I get into noise?
>>
Go on. Wait I don't care it all sounds the same anyway.
>>
>>62945726
how do you identify good and bad noise? it's in the genre.. it's noise

it's purpose is to be dissonant and unpleasant, anybody can make it.
>>
>>62945788
develop tinnitus
>>
>>62945828
You sort of have to train yourself to hear the deeper sonic meaning in everything. Hybrid noisebloom is the most complex piece of music of all time, and I could never hope to replicate it.
>>
>>62945788
don't
>>
>>62945857
What makes it complicated? If there's no order to the chaos, where is the articulation and complexities that earns it the title of being the most complex piece of music of all time? If you've listened to it so much that you've convinced yourself that orderless chaos is complex that's another thing.
>>
File: Fennesz_Endless_Summer.jpg (38 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Fennesz_Endless_Summer.jpg
38 KB, 500x500
>>62946087
I've listened to it straight through four times. It's something I have to be in the mood for.

I think your problem is that you're more attached to melodies and harmonies, which noise music has none of. Noise music is pure exploration of timbre, and as soon as you're really able to hear that, it will "open up" so to speak. Maybe try listening to some quieter/more accessible timbre focused music first, like pic related.
>>
>>62946087
>no order to the chaos
wew
>>
>>62945828
Noise music is more or less dynamic between artists. If there's a 20-minute noise track that's just one harsh tone throughout, it's gonna be fucking shitty compared to Merzbow, Purient and KK Null who all have very dynamic songs.
>>
File: Places.jpg (33 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
Places.jpg
33 KB, 450x450
>>62945788
start here.
>>
i'm pretty glad to see these threads, i'm hoping they'll antagonize the handful of faggots on this board who force those shitty generals despite having no idea about noise beyond /mu/ memes like merzbow and kazumoto endo to finally give it a rest

>>62945726
Hybrid Noisebloom, Venereology, Pulse Demon, i could go on...

>>62946431
Yellow Swans, I Am A Lake Of Burning Orchids, Merzbeat, i could go on...
>>
>>62946538
I fucking could go on faggot, he was asking where to start and that's relatively accessible noise/drone.
>>
>>62946538
You want to talk about pinkream instead?
>>
>>62946583
do go on faggot, impress me with your deep knowledge of noise outside of what you drone from chart threads and the tripfags in that piece of shit noise general

>>62946620
well shit, i actually really like that album
sorry mate
>>
>>62946690
no
>>
>>62946431
>>62946538

Thanks, I've started with merzbeat by myself after watching merzbow live, It's really interesting
>>
>>62946690
enough of your spergy gatekeeper bullshit dude, you know damn well /noise/ isn't getting any better just go to one of the dedicated noise forums.
>>
>>62946825
bud, i will not rest until the very last /noise/ goon is forced to come to terms with how much of a severely unqualified dipshit he is regarding noise, and i will not rest until every last /noise/ goon stops talking about noise and picks some other genre to latch on to for the sake of showing everyone how they're "so into weird music bro, like you wouldn't even believe how deep i am into this stuff"

it is my life's mission to destroy those threads, the joke has gone on for too long and i can't abide it any longer
the world burns when good men stand by and do nothing
>>
>>62946965
I suggest counseling, you seriously have a problem.
>>
>>62946965
except no one actually has that attitude regarding noise.
>>
>>62947001
damn right i have a problem, and it's name starts and ends with an / !

i could not live with myself if i allowed this charade to go on, it is my moral obligation to put an end to it.
>>
>>62947012
you can't trick me, avant-teen
>>
>>62947078
jesus, you are autism incarnate. calm down. Listen to some vaporwave or something.
>>
>>62945684
Hearing a noise fan explain noise to someone is probably one of the most pretentious display of snobbery when it comes to music.

You're listening to noise. To sounds that are either overly pitched or are just tuned to a different frequency.

There is nothing to get, no sonic subversion or other buzz phrases that make pseudo-sense.

Before you berate me, listen to yourself explain how deep and "melodic" a noise track is when it's just essentially the noise a bee makes turned up to 11
>>
>>62947105
epic
>>
>>62947108
the time for calmness has passed long ago
now it is time to act.
>>
>>62947163
>act

You haven't done anything thus far though. Just endlessly bitch and moan.
>>
>>62947163
well you arent gonna change anything. Im still gonna listen to Merzbow , vomir, Kazuma Kubota, Macronympha, some russian shit I cant spell... AND I'm gonna be uneducated about it. There is nothing you can do.
>>
>>62945684
In case you haven't noticed, this is the /mu/ board. Go post noise in /b/ or something fag
>>
>>62947357
seconded
>>
>>62946538
I think you're more antagonized by the general than any good poster in /noise/ is by these weak bait threads lol
>>
>>62948119
>good poster in /noise/

no such thing, /noise/ is generally agreed upon to be one of the most ignorant and spoonfeeding-dependent generals on /mu/, even by a lot of its regular and earnest posters
i've actually seen people going "WHOAH, SO YOU'RE SAYING THERE'S ACTUAL NOISE RECORD LABELS OUT THERE" in those threads, i've seen dudes who seem to have no idea that noise isn't some internet memegenre that started 5 years ago, i've seen dudes whose idea of noise is big black and sonic youth
the level of ignorance in /noise/ is extreme

and shitting on /noise/ has gotten a bit popular with outer /mu/ in the past coupla weeks but within those actual threads one of the most popular topics has always been complaining about how shitty of a general it is and how barely anyone in them knows anything about noise other than the dozen or so meme albums like venereology or yellow trash bazooka or frozen niagara falls etc.
it's always been an awful general, even before i started thinking it would be a funny thread to shitpost in
>>
File: image.png (79 KB, 274x275) Image search: [Google]
image.png
79 KB, 274x275
>>62948347
>one of the most popular topics has always been complaining about how shitty of a general it is and how barely anyone in them knows anything about noise other than the dozen or so meme albums like venereology or yellow trash bazooka or frozen niagara falls etc.
By popular, you mean 1-2 autists complaining so much that it's become a meme to complain there? Yeah, really enforcing change, haha.
>>
File: 1737435.jpg (130 KB, 598x577) Image search: [Google]
1737435.jpg
130 KB, 598x577
i've been listening to C.C.C.C., Hanatarash, and The Gerogerigegege lately, great stuff
>>
Noise is for teenaged fags anyways. Real patricians listen to more mature forms of structured timbral improvisation.
>>
>>62945788
listen to merzbow and gerogerigegege and leave it at that 2bh
>>62945684
whitehouse isn't noise it's power electronics :^)
>>
>>62948817
all i'm saying that my occasional shitpost or two is hardly the number one reason those threads suck ass

>Yeah, really enforcing change, haha.

/noise/ has been the same as far back as i can remember
if any change of it for the better could have happened, it would have happened by now

>>62949224
>hey look, i'm not listening to the meme artists mentioned by the OP!
>i'm listening to these other meme artists instead!

you people are too much
what's next, are you gonna mention wolf eyes or prurient
>>
>>62949336
>meme artist
These artists are making art, and a somewhat large(honestly not even large) portion of users enjoy them. What is so wrong with enjoying those artists? You say it is because they are brought up often or that they are 'memes.' Sure these artists can be considered entry level in terms of noise, but is there anything intrinsically wrong with enjoying them.
Also, your self important ideology is really counterproductive, you end up coming off as a pretentious fuck wit who thinks they are better than everyone else. No one will ever, ever listen to you if you keep this attitude. At the end of the day, you are talking to human beings, the least you could do is have a little humanity.
>>
>>62946538
>Merzbeat
Please be joking, that was such a disappointment after listening to the greusome, bloodied, raw, hellish nightmarescape that was Amlux.

It was so un-Noise it became accessible blandness.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.