[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm making this /mu/core again so the newfags can hear this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4
File: front.png (778 KB, 1000x995) Image search: [Google]
front.png
778 KB, 1000x995
I'm making this /mu/core again so the newfags can hear this instead of memerap

lets discuss this masterpiece
>>
>>62930196
This album is like getting sick.
>>
>>62930196

Earthmover is a rare 10/10 song.
>>
The side 2 ("The Future") is better than the side 1.
>>
>>62930196
There is no food a best.
>>
This album is absolute amateur garbage. LSD and the Search for God sounds more professional than this crap.
>>
>>62930294
How so?
>>
Deep, Deep is pretty rad.
>>
>>62930196
Isn't it /mu/core though
>>
>>62930196
I only like the opening track.
Fight me
>>
>>62930196
I like it very much
>>
This isnt even trip hop tho
>>
File: MU.jpg (64 KB, 538x341) Image search: [Google]
MU.jpg
64 KB, 538x341
>>62930196
Done, and done, pleb.
>>
>>62930196
It was awkwardly made into a double album when it should have been trimmed down, and he lost the masters.
>>
>>62930196
T H E R E
I S
N O
F O O D
Dan is such a faggot now, maybe i should kill his child so he can write more suicidal tunes.
>>
>>62930343
>professionalism
Who cares?
>>
>>62930540
You're an asshole.
>>
>>62930529
Your meme chart isn't funny
>>
File: 1456617625998.jpg (143 KB, 522x712) Image search: [Google]
1456617625998.jpg
143 KB, 522x712
>>62930602
It was based on a four month study of most discussed artists on /mu/ and /r/music. If you don't like it, maybe you're on the wrong board.

Get the fuck back to rddit, faggot
>>
>>62930585
Why? His career is fucking crap now that he's happy.
Why should i care about his happiness when he is releasing abortions like The Unnatural World or Black Wing?
Deathconsciousness and Giles Corey are fucking great, maybe even classics, but now he only creates forgettable music.
If you don't have any reason to create suicidal tunes, why you are forcing those feelings and creating shit mediocre albums? For the money?
>>
>>62930662
Legit question: is TPAB /mu/core now?
>>
>>62930529
This chart doesnt even include Jonathan Mathis' Angry Kid; the most influential trip-hop album of the decade. Fuck off.
>>
>>62930662
I didn't know fashion nugget was discussed that often here.
>>
>>62930662
"most discussed" albums on /mu/ aren't actually good, they're just controversial. /mu/tants like to discuss and argue whether albums are good or not. on reddit they just fanboy at stuff they like and dont really discuss anything. calling them "essentials" is fucking garbage
>>
>>62930662
I know you already know this, but people on /mu/ are always spouting post ironic memes, so that's why the chart is like that
>>
>>62930706
DIfferent Anon here. while I totally agree with your views about Giles Corey and Deathconsciousness, I found a couple songs that I actually liked from Black Wing. They're not astounding by any means but I managed to enjoy them. It's a lot better if you don't compare it to his actual depression era. It still feels phoned in but not nearly as much. Of course I'm a pleb though and like his most accessible songs, like If I let him in and My body betrayed me. I found his live rendition of Earthmover on acoustic pretty fucking fantastic, even if I can't find a version online of any bearable quality. Then again I'm a degenerate and a little bit high and drunk so my opinion probably shouldn't count for much.
>>
>>62930706
He shouldn't have to suffer just for his art. He shouldn't have to fake it either.

Instead he needs to get out of this fake nihilism and self-loathing and learn to write songs of a different character.
>>
I DON'T FEEL ANYTHING WHERE
THIS LOVE SHOULD BE
>>
First two tracks and last three are the best on the album

I Don't Love is the greatest song of all time

rest of the album is 7-8/10
>>
>>62930706
>Implying The Unnatural World wasn't AOTY
>>
>>62930662
I know I'm falling for the bait but Fashion Nugget is never discussed here and MC&HDP hasn't been a topic since the month it came out, so it's hardly accurate at all
>>
>>62931396
Dude I love you
I challenge anyone to present me a more raw, soul-crushingly depressing song than I Don't Love
You really can't
>>
>>62932148
Music will untune the sky
>>
The term memerap is a meme itself used by memesters who only listen to actual meme music, which they label as "real music" so they won't feel like memesters, when in reality they're the biggest memesters around memeing their "real music" meme albums.
It's all a meme. Just stop before you hurt yourself.
>>
>>62930229
i agree with that in the most positive way
>>
>I feel the top of the room come off, killing everybody in there
>And I'm watching all the stars burn out, trying to pretend that I care

I know it's the song everyone likes, but goddamn it's not without reason
>>
File: 80ww_unnamed1_6.jpg (54 KB, 750x501) Image search: [Google]
80ww_unnamed1_6.jpg
54 KB, 750x501
Dan's the only artist who I've ever heard properly convey what depression feels like in his music.
I understand there are other 'sad' albums but none of them none of them actually made me feel like they were feeling the same as I do.
Say what you want about Dan but he hits the depression nail on the head.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.