[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6H 8WcTPnWM Do people cons
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1
File: 81ceisZrVKL._SL1500_.jpg (443 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
81ceisZrVKL._SL1500_.jpg
443 KB, 1500x1500
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6H8WcTPnWM

Do people consider this album a meme or legit good? Imo it's great, what do you guys think?

Not baiting, new to /mu/.
>>
If I only had one mu-core album for the rest of their life, I would take ITAOTS. Check out some of their rare shit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SOX1UWVq0k
>>
>asking /mu/ to confirm your opinions
Who gives a fuck about memes man, just like what you like.
>>
I love this album. I don't think anyone actually dislikes it, and anyone who does is probably just a desperate contrarian.

I do want to hear a well thought out reason for why anyone dislikes this album, though.
>>
>>62929253
Pretty dope desu senpai, will check more of it out.

>>62929255
Not at all what I'm doing, genuinely interested haha.

>>62929307
Me too, and what better place to find people hating an album than /mu/!
>>
10/10 Love it.
>>
it's wonderful album, one of my all-time favorites. 10/10. it can get hard to listen to at times, though... it's pretty emotionally exhausting.
>>
>>62929215
It's a very well regarded album by many
>>
>>62929215
yes
you don't reach non-shitposting meme level on /mu/ by being bad
there are a ton of people here that love ITAOTS, there is a reason it is /mu/'s favorite album
>>
legit good but that's just my opinion some people think of it as a meme
>>
Its both, it's really good but it gets meme'd really hard
>>
>>62929215
It's the ultimate meme and a 10/10 album
>>
>>62929215
Don't think there's another album that gets me as emotional. It's fantastic
>>
>>62929215
Honestly one of my all time favorites. Not even memeing
>>
listened to it over a hundred times
>>
Glad to see that so many legit love it

>>62929857
haha yeah it's an emotional rollercoaster really
>>
It's a guilty pleasure of mine...
>>
Listened to it many, many times. I sing and hum to it during the whole length
>>
>>62929215
Imo, it's a real bore-fest.
>>
>>62929215
No meme, we unironically love it
>>
>>62929215
I like the album, and I think a lot of people on /mu/ like it. It's not an ironic meme or anything.
>>
>>62929215
I, for one, unironically love this album
>>
>>62932651
I should add that yes, it's a meme. All albums, or cultural products of any kind, that are popular are successful memes. That is trivially true, and it doesn't mean it's bad. If anything, the correlation between popularity and quality (or enjoyability) is positive.

I have no idea why the word "meme" has become a pejorative on 4chan. Is the idea that achieving popularity on an Internet forum (because there's now a strong link between "memes" and the Internet in most people's minds) is less legitimate than achieving popularity by other means?

The only time I think it makes sense to use "meme" pejovartively is if you were talking about some factoid or cliché that was successfully propagating itself without any basis in evidence or fact.
>>
>>62929307
It's absolutely boring. The acoustic guitar has no presence nor does any interesting riffs or melodies come out of it, it's there to fill up space where there would be silence, the various instruments used throughout the album don't blend in well with the already dull music, it's merely derivative of what various psych folk bands did decades ago. Why listen to this when I could listen to Comus, Spirogyra, Jan Dukes de Grey, Mellow Candle, Tea & Symphony, or even better, actual folk music?
>>
>>62933181
I'd like to add, what do people see in this album? It's like it wants to be boundary pushing but would rather settle for a mediocre three chord snorefest. No matter how often I listen to it I can't grasp why it's loved, maybe I'm thinking too hard, maybe people just like it because it's simplistic enough to appeal to the masses while seeming experimental enough to give its fans an inflated sense of taste (kind of like Radiohead)
>>
>>62933316
Some people like certain things. Other people like other things. If you ask why other people like a thing that you don't like, you're not going to get a satisfactory answer.

Just enjoy listening to the music you like, eating the foods you like, or whatever it may be, be grateful to have the opportunity to do so, and move on.
>>
>>62933316
Stop thinking
>>
>>62933181
>>62933316
wew take a look at this bait
>>
>>62933181
Sounds like you're looking for the wrong things in ITAOTS, people don't go to nmh for complicated riffs/melodies or guitar solos, it's loved for being extremely emotional, people love Mangum's ethereal vocals and how he packs so much emotion into seemingly nonsensical lyrics. The various instruments like the singing saw and trumpet add depth to the vocals, and the guitar is used to reinforce and add to jeff's voice. No one's going to force you to like a band, but it sounds like you want them to be technically impressive or extremely ground breaking which isn't what ITAOTS is really praised for.
>>
>>62929215
it's a fucking meme, so are you faggot
>>
>>62929215
didn't realise those were mutually exclusive
>>
its good
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.