[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So fellow mutants, what album you like the most/least from POSEURCORE
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 3
File: 1456104487399.jpg (704 KB, 1774x1231) Image search: [Google]
1456104487399.jpg
704 KB, 1774x1231
So fellow mutants, what album you like the most/least from POSEURCORE 2K16??

>But anon what is poseurcore 2k16?
- people who listen to music they think is "deep and esoteric". Their favorite artists are Merzbow, Gerogerigegege, Coil, Moondog, and Throbbing Gristle. They get most of their music from the upper level of RYM, but not the top so that they can retain hipsterdom. These drones usually post in /daily/ and chart threads.
>>
>>62925769
TMR
>>
>>62925769
keep trying
>>
i'm a noise man myself
merzbow, whitehouse, kazumoto endo, the list goes on and on...
>>
Please stop attempting to destroy whatever is left of the elitism that barely holds this board together.
>>
>>62925769

>Favorite
Future Days
>Least favorite
The Stockhausen album, because who the fuck listens to a Stockhausen album?

>>62925885

No, I want to see what happens when shitposting reaches peak mass.
>>
>>62925885
We need to meme all the good music this board has left.
>>
>>62925769
you can keep your entry-level obscure essentials if I can still claim Sunrise of the Planetary Dream Collector as my 2015 AOTY

also why don't you join us OP
>>
File: 1444462641871.png (19 KB, 509x411) Image search: [Google]
1444462641871.png
19 KB, 509x411
>this is what /mu/ has become.

What even is a poser when it comes to taste in music? "I listen to x so I have better taste than you plebs who can't into " challenging" music?"

If that's the case, I automatically have better taste than any of you, since I have never been challenged by any audio made by man or god.
>>
>>62925963
>also why don't you join us OP

I'm not a fag
>>
>>62925963
>Terry Riley

One of the first poseur-core artists. You may think your music tastes advanced far but you're still in pleb valley. See you on the other side, kid....if you get there.
>>
>>62925885
/mu/ elitism is shit, all those albums up there are either droned from RYM or have meme status on this board, none of them are albums which anyone on this board who'd cite them as one of their favorites could give you an in-depth informed opinion on

did you ever actually go to /daily/ or /classical/ or /noise/ or any of those other threads on "sophisticated" music? dudes are either circlejerking and doing their best scaruffi/fantano impressions in them(as on /daily/), incessantly regurgitate the same entry-level shit(as on /classical/) or just have no clue whatsoever about what they're talking about(as on /noise)

people who actually give a shit about music and explore it on their own don't talk about it on /mu/, they understand this board is good for a laugh and a bit of shitposting and nothing else
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukaZaYAD2WQ
>>
>>62925769

I've been listening to nothing but hip-hop ever since I realized anything even remotely experimental is inherently bad. When does the patrician scene send me an invite?
>>
>>62925769

They're all garbage.
>>
>>62925938
stockhausen is top-notch early electronic music dude, don't talk shit
>>
>>62926100
that's the point

you should listen to good music instead
>>
>>62926139

He is, but who listens to him in album format?
>>
>>62926099
never. god man, what makes you think you'd ever be remotely patrician?

oh, are you being facetious?
>>
>>62925769
>These drones usually post in /daily/
this so much. those threads are spilling at the seams with shitcunt avant-teens that love stroking their own dicks thinking about how cool they think it looks when they post keiji haino records
>>
>>62926099
whenever you claim some "obscure" albums to be your favorites, you don't even have to listen to them, just namedrop them in every chart thread or better yet in daily
>>
>>62926154
people like me who just want to hear cool sounds over paying attention to the academics
>>
>>62926184

The hell is wrong with Keiji Haino?
>>
>>62925994
this
>>
>>62926230
nothing. except when people only dig through his discography to come off as savvy and impress each other.
>>
I have literally never seen DI6 discussion here.
>>
File: ebin.gif (2 MB, 240x227) Image search: [Google]
ebin.gif
2 MB, 240x227
>>62926027
FUCK

>>62926041
lel, I'm never leaving, 2comffy
>>
>>62925769

Nobody finds Harsh Noise to be deep. Most enjoyment comes from the fact it is as bare as sound can get.
>>
>>62926320
m8 youd be surprised!
>>
>>62925885
elitism implies actually being elite
but that's not the case with avant-teens
their taste is embarrassing
>>
>>62926555

It's funny how people who like Coil and stuff think they have the best music taste in the world when in reality their taste is worse than someone who only listens to modern radio hits.
>>
>>62926513
oh shut the fuck up, noise has been given serious critical attention and analysis ever since it first started forming into a more concrete movement in the late 70s/early 80s

hearing a couple of mediocre albums by merzbow and kazumoto endo that you downloaded because you thought the album covers looked funny doesn't make you an expert on noise, it makes you a droning meme fuck
>>
>>62926555
i haven't seen too many tote around their tastes when it comes to that. if anything, most i've discussed these artists with are endearingly genuine about their love for music and are open to both mainstream and underground artists.
>>
>>62926625
You've been spewing the same baseless rhetoric in these kinds of threads for a while now. Maybe you should take a break from the Internet.
>>
>>62926625

Literally nothing of what you said contradicts what I said.
>>
>favorite
tilt, heavier than a death, future days, this heat, homotopy to mary
>least favorite
pulse demon

there's a lot of cool stuff on there. also merzbow has a lot better stuff than pulse demon which is p bad. i like flare gun a bit. i prefer his collabs over any of his solo stuff most of the time though
>>
>>62926639
>spending their days making charts and honing their rym curves
>genuine about their love for music
give me a break
>>
>>62926720
that was the 2nd post i made in this thread and the 2nd post i made in "these kinds of threads" as wel, and it was 100% correct in both claims that i made.
are you fucking stupid or something? maybe you should take a break from being fucking stupid.
>>
>>62926805
Regardless, it's tired, baseless rhetoric. You have zero evidence for anything you're saying here, you're just relying on your frankly false intuitions.
>>
>>62926747
>also merzbow has a lot better stuff than pulse demon which is p bad. i like flare gun a bit
it all sounds the same, you were easy to spot, poseur
>>
>>62926794
you're not a curves kind of guy, eh m8?
it's an unfortunate fixation that happens on the more personal level but it almost never enters the realm of discussion.
please give that community a chance, nothing but a bunch of nice lads who will actually take the time to ask you what you thought about the albums you've been listening to.
>>
>>62926914
Why don't you prove it?
>>
>>62926733
it does though, you think thousands of pages of literature on noise were written based on it being "as bare as sound can get"? you think it gets as much coverage in publications covering avantgarde and experimental sound based on being "as bare as sound can get"? you think bareness is the fuel behind what someone like kevin drumm or luke younger or aaron dilloway is doing? read a book, dude.

>>62926841
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPpI1mCnqWE
>>
>>62926062
This guy gets it.
>>
>>62926994
Is there a point to this?
>>
>>62927390
Most music doesn't even have a point. It doesn't need to. That's the beauty of it imo. As soon as you get over it the sooner you can appreciate art.
>>
>>62927430
I think you might be replying to the wrong person here because I'm aware of that.
>>
>>62927544
just take it....
>>
>>62926184
Say that to my face Dr. Pavel
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.