[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is your honest opinion on this /mu/? I recently got over
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 2
File: Chance_the_rapper_acid_rap.jpg (71 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Chance_the_rapper_acid_rap.jpg
71 KB, 500x500
What is your honest opinion on this /mu/?
I recently got over that "caring about what /mu/ thinks" phase and I had forgotten how much I enjoyed this. It doesn't seem like anyone here agrees with me though.
>>
It was mostly just boring.
>>
>>62617934
I like it but his voice is awful
>>
>>62617949
OP here, I actually forgot to mention the second side of this is really mediocre, what I really enjoyed was the first side though.
>>
>>62617934
The definition of womanrap.

Sentimental, easy-listening, non-confrontational, sickly-sweet. Basically designed from the ground up to be listened to by teenage and early twenties girls to get them wet. I'm sure it's gotten him gallons of pussy juice outside of his girlfriend/babymomma, but as hip hop it's basically just what you put on when your girlfriend's in the car.
>>
White boy's first rap album. Intro, Paranoia, Favorite Song and Outro were cool but the rest is mediocre. A 5-6/10.
>>
>>62618072
>>62618469
These
>>
>>62618469
I haven't been to school in a few years, do white people really like all this drug themed crap with weak bars? I don't understand. Most people from social media that I see talking about trap and drug rap are black.
>>
It's decent, but I feel like I should have loved it.

I think if it would have been amazing if it was shorter or if a few tracks were taken out.
>>
>>62618072
yes. my girlfriend has shit taste in rap and she loves Chance
>>
>>62618709
DUDE ACID LMAO
It makes them feel like they're from the ghetto. They love it because it's known but not too much.
>>
DUDE
CIGARETTES N WEED
>>
I hated it at first, that AH shit he always threw in pissed me off, but I gave it a chance and its just average to me. I really liked acid rain though, the best song on the tape to me.
>>
>>62617934
This is an amazing album.
>>
it's a good album, most people here want to be vague with their music tastes because they're pseudo-hipsters that get off on the fact that people don't know what music they listen to

however some songs are hit or miss but overall it's pretty good... all of you being contrarians can kill yourselves
>>
>>62618854
When I was a little wigger I would just listen to gangsta rap if I wanted to feel like that. How does trap make white people feel blacker than stuff like Vince Staples and Killer Mike?
>>
This mixtape actually made me realize how much Chance has progressed since its release.
>>
I like it, but I find it hard to listen to all the way through.
>>
>>62617934
When I first listened to it I thought it was GOAT, but after revisiting it there are a lot of shit tracks and his adlibs make me suicidal
>>
>>62617934
Everytime i try to enjoy it i get reminded that he makes stupid monkey sounds every 2 seconds. Like, really he does it way too fucking much
>>
>Good
Beats
High points in the album are really, really good

>Bad
Low points are really bad
Chance's voice makes me want to boil my testicles and pour them in my ears to stop the suffering

6.5/10
>>
Nobody here knows wtf they are talking about.

He brings back the jazz scene chicago is known for mixed with new age hip hop and has a unique delivery.

Bars will go over your head if you are not about that life lol.
>>
>>62617934
it's a great tape. He's a very talented lyricist. /mu/ just can't handle it because normies like him
>>
Obnoxious voice, BRAH, DUDE ACID LMAO indigo child bullshit.
>>
it's excellent
my wife, who doesn't love a lot of rap, loves it
that doesn't make it bad
dude is a very good rapper, and he probably has even better taste. he wrote a few songs on Kanye's new one and argued to keep other songs on it. argued with fucking KANYE and won. that's kind of amazing in and of itself.
such charisma. watch his performance with Kanye on SNL. he's going to be around a while.

that said, i didn't love Surf. too soft, not enough rapping, not my kind of album. (i know it wasn't a Chance album)

wish he'd hurry up with the new album, but i know he's taking his time because he wants to do it right.
>>
>>62618982
He's chilled out on that in his newer stuff.
>>
>>62618982
kek, this actually
>>
File: 1454978635387.jpg (17 KB, 306x259) Image search: [Google]
1454978635387.jpg
17 KB, 306x259
>>62619041
>DUDE LMAO you just don't get it
>>
I like it a lot.
>>
>>62617975
Same
>>
>>62618982
IGH IGH IGH IGH
>>
>>62618892
>>62619041
These.

>>62619094
>indigo child

Except he doesn't mention that shit even once on the entire tape and that whole indigo child thing didn't even start until years after Acid Rap.

tl;dr Kill yourself, you don't know what you're talking about.
>>
Can't stand his voice
>>
>People here think rapping about drugs is bad or obnoxious
>Everyone talks about how "le diverse" their tastes are, but can't get over a small thing that differs from the status quo, like an ad lib.
>Everyone here just regurgitating Fantano's opinion

Wow, /mu/ has gone to shit.
>>
>>62617934
Who actually un-ironically cares about the pleb/patrician meme?
>>
>>62617934
One if thr greatest hip hop albums/mixtapes ever made
>>
>>62618072
>>62618838

women have different tastes in music than men. go figure.

>>>/r9k/
>>
NaNa is the only good song
>>
>>62617934
I really liked it. But chance fans are annoying

everything they talk about is acid. Also anyone who won't shut the fuck up about the drugs they do is annoying as fuck
>>
>>62617934
>I recently got over caring about what mu thinks
>hey mu can i get your opinion about this

you should really get that schizophrenia checked
>>
Listened to it yesterday because I really liked his verse on ULB, I never gave it a fair shot before even though I really, really liked Acid Rain...

It was ok, some pretty good tracks and some boring ones. Hopefully he steps up for his next one.
>>
>>62617934
Really enjoyable, but lags in the second half. Chain Smoker is GOAT. Best record Chance has been a lead contributor to, definitely, but he has a long ways to come before he's considered truly amazing.
>>
>>62618469
Favourite song is possibly the whitest song on there (also the worst :) )
>>
>>62621780
It's called discussion you fucking sperg, now get the fuck out of my thread before I fucking kill you.
>>
>>62617934
Meaningless and uninteresting. Nigga was born on third base and thinks he's hot shit because he stole second. Fuck, he's not even witty.
>>
>production
fantastic

>lyrics and vocals
trash

>>62618875
>but I gave it a chance
10/10
>>
I like it a lot but it gets kind of worse on subsequent listens
10 day is pretty good too.
>>
I listened to this on acid once to see what it was like.

There aren't really a lot of layers to dig through so it should be boring for an acid album, but those annoying "AH" adlibs sounds a million times better.

It's honestly a good choice if you want music you know you'll find something new in but also know you won't bad trip to.
>>
>>62621940
>DUDE
>U
>D
>E

>ACID
>C
>I
>D

>LMAO
>M
>A
>O
>>
>>62621886
when I try to start a discussion with someone, I usually don't start off with "I actually don't care what you think, but by any means, go ahead".
>>
>>62621973

Okay have fun with that
>>
only acceptable Chance verse up until Ultra Light Beam

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXbytN5c4Ec
>>
>>62617934
trash
>>
>>62617934
It has it's up and downs the first couple songs and last couple songs are good but a lot of songs in the middle are just "meh"
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.