[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Well? Do you still like it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 16
Well? Do you still like it?
>>
of course i do, it's on right now for like the 5th time today
>>
>>62604921
hmm i feel like it's a solid 6....2.

6.2/10

yeah that sounds about right
>>
i think it's amazing
>>
Still love it. 8.5/10 for me
>>
>>62604921
What would've changed my opinion?
It's good
solid 7/10
>>
File: Capture43.png (170 KB, 1169x297) Image search: [Google]
Capture43.png
170 KB, 1169x297
He knew

He was a prophet.
>>
Oh, of course. This can be my token contrarian album choice for 2016. It's so good though. It'll probably be my AOTY.
>>
Absolutely. 9/10 been bumping Golden Gal so much today
>>
https://mega.nz/#!AF5XEYKS!QGID7gf4IA7Uy4sIjdOsrp10JdouXiT0TivvjsoF7sI
>>
>>62604984
I mean, it was pretty obvious. P4K have literally been shunning white indie music for about a year now. Radiohead's gonna get the same treatment.
>>
>>62604990
This
>>
>>62605016
not if thom starts rapping
>>
I want to keep liking it but every time I play it I think back on the P4k review and realise that he was absolutely right about them losing their childlike spirit.

Its just lukewarm and mediocre.
>>
What do you guys think Fantano will give it?
>>
6 . 2
>>
>>62605070
strong 7
>>
>>62605064
lol stop
>>
>>62605058
Thom is a straight white male

Confirmed pan no matter what
>>
Nope. And at least I'm honest enough to admit it. P4k owns the legacy of albums on this board whether you like it or not and this album is dead in the water. At least I have TLOP.
>>
>>62605095
What makes you think we're not being honest?
>>
>>62604921
Its like a more refined MPP desu senpai
>>
Could have done with less hocketing. I enjoy it more than Chz for now. Most of Panda's songs are weak. I do think they can do better,
>>
>>62605095
>tlop actually good
last night i didn't hear that at all
but the second that cuckfork comes in...tlop aoty!!!!
can people form their own opinions?
>>
>>62604984
AnCo is hardly on the same level as the Indie kids though. Indie these days is just as dime-a-dozen as pop, flooded with homogenized bands all doing the same thing. At least AnCo remained unique.
>>
About 90% of /mu/ was calling this a 9/10+ before the review. I'd say give it less than 24 hours until 90% is shitting on it.
>>
>>62605536
Its sad really.
>>
I haven't heard it yet, but I knew from the start it was going to be a 6/10, regardless of Pitchfork's review.
>>
It's pretty good, I didn't listen to it until the 320 leak came out but people listening to the Crosley leak were overrating the shit out of it, I'd say around 8 or so CHz was a 6 this is not
>>
No fuck this, I genuinely thought the album was perhaps 2nd AOTD when I listened through it the first few times and I'm going to continue holding that opinion. Fuck the influence pitchfork has over this board, it's overwhelmingly ridiculous. Painting With is a fantastic album and still is.
>>
Is it weird that I loved PBvsGR but thought this was kinda weak? Most people here seem to think the opposite. I thought Panda did a nice job of tapping into the uncanny/plastic-y modular synth sounds and timbres without going totally obnoxious - something I thought PW suffered from.

I don't hate the album, just a little underwhelmed. Still love Grim Reaper though. Oddly enough, I do think Avey generally wrote the stronger songs on PW.
>>
>>62605016
Is pitchfork gonna declare cultural warfare? Is LCDSS in danger too? Is it happening??
>>
>>62605683
It'd be pretty cool if the rest of /mu/ does this as well instead of >>62605536. It would be a good change of pace.
>>
>>62605683
I hold the same opinion
Fantastic album
>>
>>62605536
it was literally one guy spamming it
>>
>>62605362
you didnt see any of the many threads praising it over and over again?
>>
That last paragraph of the review was basically a eulogy for them. They were laying them to rest.
>>
I love it. It's probably my favorite AnCo release. I enjoy their poppier albums more than the psychedelic ones though.d
>>
2.6 t b h
>>
>>62605070
Who gives a fuck?
>>
Hocus Pocus and Natural Selection are two of the best songs of the decade. The rest of the album beats the vast majority of last years top 50, if not all of them. Idk if its AnCo's best, but its DAMN good
>>
>>62605293
this
>>
>>62605949
and MPP wasnt bad at all if you know what Im sayin senpai
>>
>>62605683
i agree
>>
>>62605683
what's your first aotd?
>>
>>62605982
dancing to this album is amazing
>>
File: 23432432432432.jpg (82 KB, 1231x213) Image search: [Google]
23432432432432.jpg
82 KB, 1231x213
>>
>>62606047
Fucking this
>>
>>62604921
you know, this score is what i needed to confirm my suspicions that any integrity left in pitchfork the last few years has gone right out the window in the last few months
>>
They tried to re-approach what Animal Collective is entirely, but it is a mere imitation of what they think AnCo would do
The style and nuance is artificially reinvented, while a genuine, inspired sauce of substance AnCo were known for is not found here

It is the Phantom Menace of albums
>>
>>62606152
>>62606152
But only AnCo would know what AnCo would do?
>>
what album cover am i supposed to use ?
>>
>>62606204
Chaos
>>
>>62605536
We just need Fantano to give it an 8 or something, to restore the balance. Come on, Anthony.
>>
>>62606152
It's just music man. They made some songs they all liked and put them on an album.

I'm tired of people that feel like they have to overanalyze music to make it seem like they're super knowledgeable.
>>
>>62606152
Yeah it's sort of like hyperreality AnCo
>>
The review is shit, but the score is accurate. They tried to reinvent their style and make it completely pop, but it didn't work well. By trying to make their songs shorter, they removed a lot of the depth that makes their music interesting.

Not saying it's shit and I'm not saying their dead, but this was a really disappointing album.
>>
>>62606313
they're*, my mistake
>>
>>62606294
>It's just music man.
Fuck people who say this. Might as well post it to every single thread and there'd be no music discussion at all.
>>
>>62606047
I agree with this. Painting With is probably an incredible example of a grower. But something like Summing The Wretch - or even Lying in the Grass after multiple listens - just exudes this incredibly unique sound that no other band could pull off as genuinely. I think anco is a pretty infallible band, and any one of their albums is a standout performance by an incredible group of dudes
>>
What the fuck, how can they actually give this a 6.2? They think this is worse than CHz? That review doesn't even speak directly about the music, they just namedrop people and reference pop-culture, what the fuck.
A solid 8 for me so far, this is a fantastic album
>>
>>62606313
I respect your opinion but I disagree. I believe it to be a right track for AnCo and its a beautiful album that just puts a smile to my face. To each their own
>>
The review is just "why aren't they making music like they used to" "why aren't they making freak folk anymore"
They specifically said they wanted to make poppy tunes you dolt
>>
>>62606357
This

First listen to Lying in the Grass I felt meh about. I have listened to it about maybe 10 times and its amazing. I always wanna dance to it
>>
>>62606355
Or you could talk about what you don't like or do like by not being super analytical about the "meaning" of it all. Talk about the lyrics, or the way the songs are composed or what instruments they're using or something.

Truth is, when my band writes songs we just write what we think sounds good and what plays to our strengths as musicians.
>>
>>62606360
Have you ever read a p4k review before? They've never actually talked about the music itself in one. Heck, when they gave Pet Sounds a 7.5 the most they said was that it was dated and not as good as Ok Computer
>>
>>62606357
>But something like Summing The Wretch - or even Lying in the Grass after multiple listens - just exudes this incredibly unique sound that no other band could pull off as genuinely

I dunno, in terms of how bouncy and boingy and artificial sound design, a lot of this album is sort of reminiscent of what was happening with PC music and even in the experimental UK Bass scene before that.

Obviously the context is different and it's not exactly the same, but I'm not hearing anything completely innovative in terms of sound. Still enjoy the album.
>>
>>62606423
You want people to go no further than surface-level discussion and appraisal? And limit their more creative criticism? Fuck, I'm glad there aren't more of you.
>>
>>62606284
He seems to be behind it. Gave Floridada a good review, recommended Lying in the Grass but refrained from saying too much because he was"excited to review this new album".

Let's not forget, Pitchfork gave Niggas on the Moon a 6.7 and Jenny Death an 8.1. I'm a little disappointed, but it really doesn't change the fact that PW is a creative, intricate, novel, well performed, and well produced album. This album was simply not for the guy that reviewed it. His expectations were silly.

"Take me back to when I was twenty before I had ever heard any of your music before, and let me discover your musical philosophy for the first time again. But wait, that's not possible so I'm going to disregard everything good about the album and review it from the pit of my narcissism and current jaded unhappiness."

There should really be a reviewer who reviews reviewers. I think I'd be good at that.
>>
>>62606521
I bet you're super fun to talk to about music in person.
>>
File: 1452128371754.png (347 KB, 500x543) Image search: [Google]
1452128371754.png
347 KB, 500x543
>>62605058
>>62605094
Nah, this dude is right. If they take a HARD turn to world music/like weird afrobeats/tamil bullshit harsh noise and make shit that sounds like the radiohead version of deathgrips/fka twigs (disparate I know but hopefully you see what I'm driving at) they'll give them a decent score. But only if they surround themselves with a bunch of black producers/creatives.

They'd basically need the Brainfeeder Braintrust to pull out a 9.0+, but since they've already made the fucking album, I doubt that's going to happen. Def a 6 or 7.

It's almost enough to make you kind of mad, isn't it lads?
>>
>>62606313
It's a smart, well produced album with a unique sound and good songwriting. If you like SJ, MPP, or Feels but you don't like this you probably don't even understand what you like about them. The reason you don't like it is not because it's "completely pop". They now have three albums rooted more in popular formulas than this one, and to say it's poppier exemplifies your lack of capacity.
>>
>>62606498
I've seen many people's turning points with p4k, but this is my official end of using this website as a source of ANY use now.
>>
>>62606406
What's wrong with thinking a band's intentions are misguided and stupid?
>>
>>62606686
Except those other albums aren't completely pop either. Relisten to Strawberry Jam, MPP, or CHz and tell me if any of them sound even close to normal pop.

I mean there's nothing wrong with their new style itself, but it's not explored as thoroughly or done as well as any past forms have. Pure pop is fine, too, but the album is way too one-note for AnCo. There's nothing really wrong for the songs to have just one idea for each, but they've never done that in the past, and the extra mile that they do go always makes their music much better.
>>
>>62606710
There's nothing wrong, if you actually spend a while concisely describing why the new direction is wrong, rather than lamenting about why its not the old direction anymore
>>
File: 1405540952155.jpg (111 KB, 558x515) Image search: [Google]
1405540952155.jpg
111 KB, 558x515
>anco release two of their best albums, SJ and MPP
>then release their two worst
does this mean we go back to making good albums

this album was a huge letdown. I've listened to it a few times, maybe I don't get it? It feels so unenthusiastic and forced. I really enjoyed floridada initially

It plays off more like a passable panda bear solo work. Everything is so forgettable.

what happened
>>
>>62606810
Don't know fám cause i think it's fantastic
>>
>>62606657
Whatever you say, darling. Just because I don't curl up into a ball and quiver when the topic gets interesting.
>>
>>62606511
I guess I was trying to differentiate "unique" from "innovative" by saying it was genuine. I don't think there is too much that is "new" going on, but it's all so definitively Animal Collective and uncompromising in that regard. I certainly find that there is some stuff on this album that, maybe after a few months or years of reevaluation I'll reconsider, but for now I'm just pleased that it continues Animal Collective's trend of making an album that is at once incredibly singular among the rest of their music, while at the same time retaining their signature perspective on songwriting. I suppose any band will do that on paper, but they manage to pull that off on a very distinctive level that keeps all their music, at the very least, on a separate scale from any of their peers (by which I mean their music is distinctively theirs, despite some obvious inspiration, due to their unique take on production/composition that makes any attempt at placing a sound or effect impossible due to its specific complexity from a production standpoint.

And now my drunken rant about this stuff has come to a point wherein I can't really explain much further in text. I apologize. HOWEVER:

tl;dr anco production is the only production that I can't immediately tell how any given sound was made/recorded, and i think that's p cool
>>
>>62606810
Yeah they seem bored when they sing and it just feels alot more basic and flat than any of their previous work. I liked it at first but now it's just average
>>
>>62606785
Strawberry Jam is their most traditionally poppy album. Here are the most prominent pop formulas.

>verse chorus structure with one section in the middle that serves as a bridge or a segway
>the major key (applies to every song)
>no modulation or tonal anomalies
>Simple rhythms (4/4 or 3/4) with prominent downbeats

Even #1 is a pop song. Simple melodic verse section, catchy chorus section, simple rhythm section, introversechorusversechorusoutro. The only song that doesn't really apply is Cuckoo Cuckoo, and that's just because it has an arrhythmic section.

You do not know understand the qualifiers of pop music, and apply the term to things arbitrarily. And I'm not saying there's no pop in PW, but to say that it's moreso than SJ is ignorance.
>>
>>62606859
>you are the annoying guy at the party that everyone tries to avoid talking to for too long
>>
>>62606942
Okay then, sure. SJ is just as poppy if not more so than PW. The difference is that Strawberry Jam pulls it off much better. Peacebone is about as poppy and formulaic as you can get but it doesn't even matter because it's incredibly well done.

I'm not going to get into semantics and argue about what's pop and what's not pop, but it doesn't feel like they had their heart in this one and it's very clear. Some songs are catchy, but I can't see myself listening to this years down the line and loving it like I can with any of their other albums. Pop or not, it's just not that great.
>>
>>62604921
Spirit > Feels > MPP > Strawberry > Sung Tongs > Painting With > Hz > Danse > Rest
>>
>>62607036
It's not just semantics. The reason you like Peacebone so much is because you like familiarity, and enjoy the formula. I like it too, but you should also listen to Hocus Pocus again and try to appreciate that it's as creative as anything off of SJ.
>>
>>62607142
I appreciate Hocus Pocus for trying something unique, but I don't like its formula. A better comparison would be with Golden Gal, but I've already gotten tired of its hook. Vertical is a great song, I'll give you that.
>>
>>62604921
well I waited until the review before listening to it so now I just won't bother, trashed it.
>>
Fuck's sake I love it even more now.
>>
I've hated pitchfork for as long as I've known who about them and even more with recent years. This review is meaningless and Painting With is a solid 8/10+
>>
I really can't conceive why people are saying it lacks an emotional sensibility just because there are no slow-building or serene moments. On Delay and Bagels in Kiev definitely have a sort of melancholic undertone to them, and the end of The Burglars and Recycling are as cathartic as almost anything thy've done. Emotion doesn't have to be so pronounced - it's not always as easily evident as it is on albums like Feels.
>>
File: 1453086221371.jpg (12 KB, 297x296) Image search: [Google]
1453086221371.jpg
12 KB, 297x296
>still reading SJWFork and adopting their opinions instead of forming your own

Never change, /mu/
>>
>>62607806
>don't read a book about physics anon! form your own opinion about how physics work!

thanks retard, great advice
>>
>>62605095
that's just really fucking pathetic dude
>>
>>62607806
>trash album gets panned
>its the fault of some grand jewish and marxist conspiracy

lol
>>
>>62605000
>>62605000
Do not download the songs have "dj Aaron" cutting in constantly.
>>
white bois got cucked again by a superior black bull
>>
I'm a big fan of early AnCo and I liked it. It has some flaws but yes, it's worth more than a 6 or 7.
I think people should know that the AnCo that made StV or Hollinndagain isn't the same band that made PW neither is the same that made Sung Tongs and Feels.
AnCo is always trying to change their sound into something new and funny and that's not a bad thing.
>>
I did but I'm not too sure anymore
>>
I guess the AnCo memefucket era is finally over. And for the best of everything.

Painting With is pretty good. I think they can definitely do better, but it's a clear 8/10 for me.

The pendulum is swinging the other way now, and AnCo, despite being extremely consistent and true to legacy, is getting shit on as a result.
>>
>>62605089
light 7 if it' a 7
>>
>>62607914
you are a fucking idiot
a physics book is entirely fact based
memefork is completely opinion based
I can't form opinions on a physics book because its complete FACTS
one of the shittiest analogies I have ever heard on the internet
>>
>>62606679
A girl who supports Trump? Disgusting.
>>
>>62607806
Their writers are very knowledgeable about music.
>>
>>62608159
are you trying to troll me right now or something? come up with some better bait and try again nigga
>>
>>62604921
Am I the only one who feels this album is too "summery" to be appreciated at this time of the year? It's a 6 for me right now but I'll give it another shot during summer

>yeah I'm autistic
>>
>>62608446
That's what you get for not living in the south hemisphere.
>>
>>62606546
http://ripfork.com/
>>
Wow, it finally happened. /mu/ realized that P4k is shit. Holy fuck this is a goddamn important moment.

But no seriously, this is the exact opposite of 2012. There was >7.4 greentext all over here after that CHz review dropped, and before then, the reaction on here to that album was definitely good. P4k is literally the reason why a ton of people on here started to dislike that album. Seriously, go find the thread in the archive from August 2012 during that live radio stream where we all listened to CHz for the first time - the reactions were overwhelmingly positive.

Fast forward 4 years later, and the reaction to another AnCo pan is basically "wow they got this wrong".
>>
Golden Gal is so fucking good, jesus christ.
>>
the era of white nerd music is over

bow down to your black pharaohs
>>
>>62608755
back than they had a little bit of credibility, but p4k today is a joke
>>
>>62608755
This. Centipede Hz received the same warm welcome to /mu/ that Painting With has had overall, but as soon as p4k and a couple of other reviewers scored it less than 8, it was suddenly considered their worst album, when really it stands out like all their other albums as a cool amalgam of their collectively fried brains, and has honestly become more musically relevant over time
>>
>>62608755
>Wow, it finally happened. /mu/ realized that P4k is shit
fuck off newfag retard
>>
I hate to let reviews affect what I think but after Pitchforks it really took a toll on the album
>>

nah. I'd rather listen to 9.0s
>>
>>62609080
White nerd music has always had, and will continue to have, a decidedly smaller audience than a lot more popular things. However, the Black Pharaohs have always been (since the end of the 18th century surely) unquestionably more creatively and philosophically miles ahead of the white population's moderate comprehension of truly artistic innovation in music (except a few white 20th century composers must be excluded from this analysis)
>>
>>62608250
Cuck detected
>>
>>62607914
If this isnt bait, you're an idiot, physics is based on scientific fact, whether music is good or not is based on an opinion
>>
>>62608250
I'm pretty sure that's a trap m8
>>
Are some of you actually changing your opinions because of a pitchfork review?
You pretentious cunts
>>
>anco actually learns how to perform musical progression
>shows hints of learning how to use varying intensity and emotion
>they finally stop the fucking REVERB REVERB REVERB
>gets a 6 on p4k
kek, pitchfork is not a music review website, it's a popularity contest
>>
If Pitchfork don't like it, we like it. RIGHT /MU/?
>>
still a fantastic album. pitchfork carries no weight anymore
>>
>>62606221
avey
>>
They didn't change my view of Universal Themes.
They won't change my view on PW either
>>
>>62605683
Totally agree with this. One of AnCo's best albums so far, really enjoyable.
>>
It truly doesn't make sense that Pitchfork would give PBvsGR an 8.7 and this a 6.2. No fucking sense at all.
>>
>>62604921

>Giving PW a score 1.2 points less than Hz
>Wtf pitchfork

Seriously though, I haven't been paying attention, when exactly did PF turn to shit?
>>
>>62611259
When they were bought by a major corporation
>>
I'm late to the party here, but have we all talked about how dank the percussion is on this album?
>>
>>62611294
>dank
Hello, reddit!

But yeah, it's great.
>>
retardedfork
>>
>>62611259
they didn't even mention a burrito this time
>>
>>62605016
I will throw a bag containing my semen at someone and record it if p4k gives new radiohead a 6.2
>>
>>62605605
Well they didn't really do anything new or exciting with this album. In fact the songs are pretty two-dimensional without dynamic changes leaving you feeling like there is no suspense, build up, or emotional range inside each song.

5/10
>>
>>62606810
>Implying Feels and Sung Tongs are bad albums
>>
>>62604921
Blanche, you're just upset because they keep changing the flavor of coke...
>>
>>62611357
they mentioned kimchi and kombucha tho

i really do like this album though, man. takes the elements of pc music that i do like without all the annoying parts. the constant hocketing is the only true weak point imo
>>
>>62611259
I'm p sure it lost the last bit of mojo it had
sometime in the last year, but it's hard to say
when exactly. I think maybe it was just the Condé
Nast thing that gave Pitchfork the push it needed
to become more representative of a wider
audience by overriding any individuality in the
reviews themselves.

If you look at most of the reviews in the last year,
specifically the ones for albums by artists that are
frequently reviewed by them, you'll see that even
though the reviewers are different, they are all reflective of those artists' ongoing "pitchfork identity."
>>
>>62611395
kek thats almost like a dig at the p4k review, did anco know...
>>
It has a few good tracks but theres too many weak tracks..
6/10 is actually on point imo

its like the magic isnt there at all..
i hope they can get back to make masterpieces like MPP and Strawberry Jam again
>>
>releases one of the best 5-album-streaks of all time (HCTI to MPP)
>goes on to release two steaming piles of dogshit

what happened /mu/
>>
>>62610879
>>
>>62604921
My 7/10 still stands.
>>
Hell yeah
>>
>>62612101
Your shitty subjective opinion haha
>>
>>62612101
you should kill yourself if you think CHz and PW are bad albums
>>
i never liked it

5/10
>>
>>62610879
for serious. also according to some friends who worked for p4k, they essentially don't let reviewers stray too far from pitchfork's established impressions of a band/artist about 90% of the time
>>
Fuck yes. A 9/10
>>
yes

anyone who genuinely feels inclined to change their opinion over pitchfork review should reconsider their stay here
>>
Probably, I usually end up falling in love with anco albums one song at a time. That song rn is on delay. Pandas vocals at the end are so cozy.

One thing about anco that makes them great is they never do the same thing twice.
>>
>>62612955
>>
It's pretty good but I'm still of the opinion CHz is one of the best things they've ever done
>>
File: animal-collective[1].jpg (128 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
animal-collective[1].jpg
128 KB, 600x400
>>62614218
That would be the correct opinion.
>>
>>62604921
Yeah, I'd give it an 8/10. To me, it just reads as an unapologetically feel-good pop album, and all of the tracks are solid.

However, it's certainly missing a lot of the themes that got me into AnCo, and I wouldn't recommend it as a starting point for anyone trying to get into them or anyone trying to find out what made them so big and special in the first place. It's just missing a lot of the angst that I clung to and really connected with when I was growing up, with most of that angst centering around not wanting to grow up. SJ comes to mind, which I feel very much projected those feelings, among others. But I just don't think the AnCo guys are having those feelings right now, and it shines through on this album, and that isn't such a bad thing. I'd rather them make this fun, feel-good record rather than forcing themes into an album that they just don't connect with anymore. I'll definitely be returning to this album if I need a pick-me-up or if I just want to have fun.
>>
it was AnCo's worst output yet well before the review, you are all deep in denial. Floridada, Vertical, and Golden Gall are the only tracks worth listening to more than once
>>
Back in the 00's p4k had some credibility or at least > "indie cred" , they discovered gems and sometimes had funny reviews (see the racist john coltrane one). But now it's just sjw shilling. Seriously, look how many blac artists get reviewd and bnm. Meme rap albums have won aoty 4 times this decade
>>
>>62612618
basically a mass group of writers talks out the general score of the album while individual people try to pitch the album review from a particular perspective
>>
>>62615641
True but they also destroyed careers by undercutting specific artists purely for the attention. They put out half-baked, misinformed reviews as quickly as they could solely for the purpose of putting out content. If you expect sjw shilling you'll find it anywhere. Also if you think "meme rap" actually exists you're a total tool
>>
>>62604921
If anyone else released this record pitchfork would have given it an 8+
>>
>>62615641
>Seriously, look how many blac artists get reviewd and bnm.

So reviewing black artists is "sjw shilling", have you ever looked at their 00s lists and see how they've always liked hip hop and R&B? Was TV on the Radio a sjw conspiracy too?
>>
>>62608552
Huh?
>>
>>62614514
>No Hocus Pocus
>No Burglar

Listen again.
>>
>>62605081
underrated
>>
>>62616669
I feel like i haven't seen enough people talking about how great on delay is
>>
anyone got a link for the album?
>>
>>62616879
It's good, it's not my favorite at the moment, but I particularly like the ending. I haven't heard the last half as much as the first so my ideas about it are still developing.
>>
>>62617941
Yes
>>
>>62604984
i like it
>>
>>62606679
who is this?
>>
p4k review didn't change my opinion. weak melodies, weak textures, weak features. infinitely more disappointing than CHZ. 4/10
>>
>>62616669
Burglars is shit but ur digits are nice 8-)
>>
>>62608755
>before then, the reaction on here to that album was definitely good

I was on /mu/ day and this is so not fucking true.
>>
>>62618843
It's a trap fyi. Not that that disqualifies your attraction, just thought you might want to know.
>>
is there a high quality leak now
>>
Still love it

Pitchfork doesn't influence dropped that shit hole long ago
>>
>>62605016
>tame impala
>jamie xx
>grimes
>war on drugs

you fucking people will look for any excuse to blame something other than the reality that this music is shit and pitchfork is shit and always has been
>>
>that part in hocus pocus where the voice drops low

like that a lot
>>
This album is breathtakingly forward thinking and creative. They sound like a retarded boy band thirty years in the future, and I mean that in the best possible way.
>>
>>62606912

>i liked it until p4k told me not to
>>
will there ever be an artist like anco? when they die, im gonna be really sad because there wont be anything to fill the void they left behind
>>
>>62607392
P4K sucking motherfucker.
>>
>>62607392
i can't make a decision for myself: the anon
>>
>>62619116
I was too and I disagree with you
>>
Do you guys thing Anthony will like the album?
>>
I like it enough to keep my preorder, I liked it before and I like it now

Its not great as a whole so its harder to judge album but there's enough standout tracks to make it pretty solid and memorable
>>
>>62604921
Intrigued by the single, first AnCo I actually listened to all the way through, found it to be okay, don't think I'll revisit really.
>>
>>62606679
I just don't get it
How can their be boys that look better than girls? That should be impossible, yet he is so passable its insane.

Is this the new age?
>>
>>62611125
Face it. It's a popularity site. PB is more popular than AnCo nowadays.
>>
File: received_1092424490776037.gif (4 MB, 430x330) Image search: [Google]
received_1092424490776037.gif
4 MB, 430x330
>>62606679
[spoiler]Is this a trap?[/spoiler]
>>
>>62619353
You are a good guy and I like you.
>>
This album was too energetic for me. Overall not bad, but sounds too compressed . Maybe the original release will be different.
>>
I mean fucking Donuts got a 7.9...

http://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/4365-donuts/
>>
>>62619050
The middle section is a bit chaotic, and I could definitely see somebody not liking it, but the first section and especially the last section are great. Melodic, energetic, original, intricate, the last third of the song where Avey's sing so fast and panda has that great melodic line and they come together for the harmony at the end of the phrase... I love it. I think it's creative, smart, and well executed.
>>
>>62606679
Who is this golden gal?

Don't actually care just wanted to use the line
>>
File: melancholia.jpg (4 KB, 267x189) Image search: [Google]
melancholia.jpg
4 KB, 267x189
>>62619882
I think it would make the most sense to distinguish sex and gender with different language. Sex is empirical. Male genitalia and female genitalia, and chromosomes determine your category (not including anomalies like hermaphroditism, or intersexism, which you can still categorize in those terms). For gender, define it as a gradient from feminine to androgynous to masculine. To conflate sex and gender, and use the same words to talk about the two different ideas, causes unnecessary confusion, and leads to people rejecting the entire notion of, say, a male who operates with feminine sexuality.
>>
>>62606284
he'll give it a solid seven or eight probably. maybe even lower, but i don't see it being one of those negative or controversial reviews

Painting With is so inoffensive for the shitstorm its causing here. It's a good album, with some great songs. but it's like the antithesis of "cool" right now.
>>
I still can't find a good download for it. Anyone got a link without some guy talking on top of it?
>>
>>62618143
>>
>>62621430
its on pirate bay m8
>>
tried upscaling and cropping the thing that someone did
does it look okay
>>
>>62604921
why >still ??
>>
I tried listening to them for the first time on the album Painting With. Holy shit it is literally noise, what the hell do you guys see in this? Like no joke, not trolling, how does any of this sound good?
>>
>tfw we are still getting Deakin solo sometime this month
We are so blessed
>>
>>62621512
Too blurry. Upscaling is always going to look like shit.

>>62621574
>6.2
>>
>>62616237
this
>>
>>62621599
>it is literally noise
>no joke, not trolling

You're not very good at this, anon.
>>
REMINDER THAT P4K LIED IN THEIR REVIEW

"I REMEMBER SEEING SUNG TONGS B4 ANYONE ELSE WOOPS MEANT FEELS LOL IM A BIG FAN AND NOT A RETARD BTW"
>>
>>62621752
>I'LL JUST CALL HIM A TROLL SO I DON'T HAVE TO EXPLAIN WHY I LIKE LISTENING TO ACTUAL NOISE XD
>>
>>62619383
amazing
>>
File: asddz.png (9 KB, 397x254) Image search: [Google]
asddz.png
9 KB, 397x254
>>62608035
>>
>>62619301
But those artist are new and fashionable, they still are in the hyping phase. In 5-7 years Pitchfork will have new bands to hype and the older ones will start to get the bad reviews.
>>
>>62621795
Well, I guess you don't want your question answered, then.
>>
File: Painting With.jpg (178 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Painting With.jpg
178 KB, 500x500
I love it
Fuck the haters
>>
File: geo.jpg (18 KB, 220x220) Image search: [Google]
geo.jpg
18 KB, 220x220
>>62621795
your ears are shit
>>
>>62606679
I would never date one, and Im straight, but if I just saw him without knowing what was down there I would think its a girl still

I would slam the shit out of this person until my balls were completely drained.
10/10 this is scarily convincing
>>
>>62607914

music is subjective and physics isn't you fuckwit
>>
>>62622127
Music is not COMPLETELY subjective though.
>>
Holy SHIT that middle section to Burglars.

The beginning of the song made me expect it to be a bit of a snorefest but this is fucking awesome.

Loving this album so far.
>>
>>62605293
but with not near as good songwritting
nothing in PW touches your soul as a song as In The Flowers, i hope stuff like that comes back in their next album.
i still enjoy PW a lot tho.
is really crazy and all over the place, i really like the vocals effects that everyone hates, reminds me of my audio hallucionations when im on acid.
>>
>>62605095
so you liked it before but now because you read some guy typing some shit everyone already knew you dont like it?
i hope this is b8 because if not you are a fucking tool.
you are at the same level that a 14 y/o girl who waches reality shows all day.
end your life
>>
>>62604921
keeps growing on me

8.4/10
>>
>>62605605
i thought the same thing until i listened to it familia
is like a 8/10 to be honest
>>
>>62605683
i dont know if it "fantastic" but i really like it
by far the best thing they have done since fall be kind, solo projects included.
>>62605697
they are kinda similar albums imo
but i think PW has higher highs, songwritting is better, panda is too repitive, he has admited melodies and lyrics arent really his thing, im not saying he sucks at it tho, Person Pitch is a masterpiece.
and his older albums are really emotional and comfy
>>
>>62622127
It's not all subjective, no. If a band plays a C major chord, they're playing a C major, no matter how much you tell yourself that music is subjective.
>>
>>62622411
People must realize that this album wasn't meant to touch our soul deeply, thats why the lack of abrasive, slower sections and the lack of reverb, a sound effect which itself adds a lot of ambience to sound

Once again, they tried to approach pop music differently. Their pretension was to create a punchier, catchier version work and overall they succeeded

Most of all, it might not be a great album, cause it's full of ups and downs, but it's unarguably a good release by them
>>
>>62606047
yeah
anco really works like a different bands
you cant put stuff like HCTI and CS next with stuff like MPP, in the same way you cant put stuff like SJ and Feels next with Hz or PW.
of course there are similarities because they are the same band, but they are always changing.
>>62606152
i dont think that, in 2004 you would have never expected the band that released HCTI would have put something like this, i think they just said lets make a pop album with mod synths and a plastic baby's pool lol
>>
>>62606679
fuccccc i have an erection now thanks a lot
>>
>>62606810
>implying HCTI and STGSTV arent their best albums
i will ignore that ok?
i think the problem with all you idiots is that you were expecting this album to be completly pop, but is in fact psychedelic, trippy and dense as fuck.
im not one of those "le fuck melodies XD"
i like merzbow as much as the beatles or the beach boys, but this album, imo, should be approched with the a more "noise" kinda mindset.
the fun thing about anco is that the combine these two aspects of music, that usually contradict each other
>>
>>62606912
>Yeah they seem bored when they sing
what a stupid combination of words to type
is a cool album, gtfo you p4k drone
>>
File: costanza.jpg (5 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
costanza.jpg
5 KB, 225x225
>The score is going down on RYM after the P4K review
Fucking drones
>>
>>62606942
texture exist too, simpleton
a song such as cuckoo cuckoo isnt fucking pop
it has pop influenced melodies and everything but is not "traditionally poppy" that would be MPP and some moments of feels, and of course a few from PW.
>>
>>62607914

here's another reply that was a good one

lol
>>
Each time I listen to this, Bagels grows on me

At first I thought On Delay and Burglars were the best ones but Bagels is easily becoming the dopest track here. So MPP
>>
>>62623827
hell yes. Bagels in Kiev is top tier
>>
>>62605016
if radioheads new release gets an undeserving shit score im gonna commit genocide
>>
>>62607773
this anon be knowing
>>62608283
HAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH THERE ARE PEOPLE WHO ACTUALLY BELIVE THIS HAHAHAHAHAHSHAHAHAHAhahah jesus
never change moo
>>62607914
lmao this thread is just so full of idiots i cant belive it please go back to school
>>62608446
is their only album aside from Hz that it makes me feel it doesnt fit into summer, winter or whatever.
PW feel to me like being in a really clean city with a lot of trees and green areas, but also nice ass gigantic white buildings and other 1st world tier shit.
Hz sometimes felt like being inside of an old out of signal tv, in the middle of the jungle
>>62608755
meme-racism aside and all that shit
p4k is really buzzfeed tier for me now
i dont give a fuck
is just celeb shit
i hope another site takes the place where cool music is showed
how is tiny mixtapes?
also
who /On Delay/ here?
i love the trippy chorus and the little "on delay" panda backin vocals
>>62609080
>the era of white nerd music is over
good
it always meant to be underground, new weird america revival when, just without plebfork this time
>>62609543
XD
>>62610879
the sad part is that anco were actually able of pulling it off
>>62611259
MBDTF
>>62611294
yeah
>>
>>62607914
bait
>>
>>62611990
the only real weak track is summing the wretch tbqh
everything else is about right imo
8-9/10 for me
>>62612101
Hz wasnt great but calling it steaming pile of shit is kinda unfair, great textures im that album, moonjock and amanita are my jams
in the other hand PW is at least a 8/10
kys
>>
Anco bros, is there any good documentry about them? Showing them recording or just hanging out?
>>
>>62619019
>weak melodies
nah
floridada
bagels in kiev
golden gal
vertical
the list goes on...
>weak textures
well it aint no HCTI but for being literally a synth pop record i has really atmospheric and inmersive textures
>weak features
literally cale from TVU
if thats not a god-tier feature i dont know what it is, paul mcartney? lmaoing @ ur life famalam
>infinitely more disappointing than CHZ
lel
>>
>>62619166
yeah
check le archive ;)
>>
>>62621885
if the original would have been something like these but with pro stuff going on it would be so much better than the original art we have now
>>
still blows my mind they got John Cale on this album
>>
>>62624202
i think there is a recording of the recording the jam of a lifetime but is all in like 30000xspeed.
no documentaries, that would be so cool, there are some cool interviews like where they are in a ban during the early feels era. but most of the interviewers suck
>>
>>62605683
just came into this thread to say i completely agree with you

I'm listening to it for the second time through right now and it's really bringing me back in as a longtime fan who was turned off by Centipede Hz, this album is so fucking undeniably gorgeous in so many spots
>>
Favorite tracks?

http://strawpoll.me/6838420
>>
>>62624610
thanks for the reply, i've been watching some interviews on youtube

this is a good recent one, pretty good interviewer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_R6gt5avYE0
>>
>>62624989
bagels of course
who /future-AnCo/ here?
>>
>>62605683
thanks to you and any anons like you. The albums great. I LOVE it.
Anyone else have the feel that the review was kinda just "hur durr they didn't make sung tongs or feels again"
I mean yea its shorter songs and might not have the childlike vibe to it, but they've grown up. I don't what this album has to it, but its got something. Cheers to not caring about fucking p4k
>>
summing the wench is the best :-)
on my first listen I was rlly pleased like instantly, and now it's only getting better I'm rlly happy
this whole album is an acid peak
Feel like it rlly goes nicely with my other fav albms of this year, like Grimes and Chairlift both had this crispy ass sound this time around too it's socool
>>
>>62621600
oh shit true
>>
>>62621600
>>62626501
>this month

Source on that? I know he finished it on January 1st, but to my knowledge there's been no release date specified.
>>
>>62621600
release it deak
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.