[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MBDTF = CD > TLOP > Everything > Yeezus
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 6
File: escobar.png (1 MB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
escobar.png
1 MB, 800x800
MBDTF = CD > TLOP > Everything > Yeezus
>>
MBDTF > CD > LR > Yeezus > 808s > Graduation > TLOP
>>
Saved
>>
>>62577972
That's such a better cover.
Holy shit.
>>
Why does /mu/ dislike Graduation so much? That album had some of his best samples and beats, imo. My second favorite Kanye album after CD.
>>
File: TLOP4.png (903 KB, 986x986) Image search: [Google]
TLOP4.png
903 KB, 986x986
>>62577972
MBDTF > CD > TLOP > Yeezus > 808s > LR > Graduation

My opinion uber alles.
>>
>>62578381
it wouldn't make sense if Kanye used it though

the "Pablo" of the album title is Paul the apostle, not Escobar/Picasso
>>
>>62578433
The ratio of good to bad songs is too low. Champion, the glory, and homecoming all had great beats but there isn't much else.
>>
>>62578433
Drunk and Hot girls brings the album down by at least 2 points alone.
>>
Dropout > Grad > Yeezus > Dark Fantasy > Pablo > Late > Throne > 808s
>>
>>62578433
>>62578499
Yeah it's Kanye's most extreme high/low album. The highs are really fucking high (homecoming, glory), but the lows are some of his worst songs to date (barry bonds, drunk and hot girls).
>>
Yeezus is a piece of shit album but TLOP does not have a single track better than Black Skinhead or Bound 2.

TLOP is all filler bar 2 tracks. 1/8th of the album is worth listening to. What's 1/8, 0.125?
TLOP is a solid 1.3/10, 2/10 tops. Disaster-tier.
>>
>>62578606
>what is ultralight beam
>>
>people still think CD is good

Being proud of CD is like being proud of graduating high school.
>>
>>62578606
>Waves
>Ultralight Beam
>Real Friends
>Famous
>Facts
All good.
>>
Can we all agree that TLOP=CD=MBDTF>LR=yeezus>Grad>808s
>>
>>62578687
CD is great. When I introduce my kids to Kanye, I will show them College Dropout.
>>
>>62579107
I actually think you nailed it.

Might move down CD one spot
>>
>>62579107
yep roughly. 808s has been making a comeback lately. it was universally panned in this community 3 years ago.
>>
>>62579107
switch yeezus and cd and your close.

Yeezus > MBDTF = TLOP > CD > G > LR > 808s
>>
>>62579378
no shit, thats because its his first album. why would you show them kanye and start halfway through his discog?
>>
>>62578499
>>62578565
>>62578601
But to be fair, Yeezus is far from a complete album too. There's a lot of garbage on that record. I'd take the best songs from Graduation over the best songs from Yeezus anyday.
>>
>>62578606
>Famous
>ULB
>Waves
>30 Hours
>Highlights
>Low Lights
>Freestyle 4
>FML
>>
MBDTF > TLOP > Yeezus > CD = LR = Grad > 808s

from track averages
>>
>>62579638
Yeezus is one of his most consistent albums, second only to MBDTF.
>>
MBDTF > GRADUATION > TLOP > CD > Yeezus > LG > 808s
>>
>>62579798
For me its the least consistent.

Skipping half the album.

Pablo on the other hand should remove Low/Highlights and it would be perfect
>>
>>62579871
>freestyle 4
>facts
Your opinions annoy me.
>>
>>62579931
Freestyle is sick.
>>
>>62580055
In a bad way.
>Silver surfer
>>
>>62580078
>I count skits as songs

Meanwhile

>On sight
>I'm in it
>Guilt trip
>Send it up
>>
>>62580211
>low lights isn't a skit
2 of those songs are good, and on sight is good too in its context. one of if not the best of kanye's album openers.
>>
Alright here's how it's done bitches.

>RANKING
1. MBDTF
2. CD
3. LR
4. TLOP
5. Yeezus
6. Graduation
7. 808's

Yeezus and Graduation are mostly interchangable as they both have some very strong and very weak tracks. 808s can move up based on taste. I can't stand much autotune so I put it on bottom based on taste.
>>
>>62580211
>Guilt Trip
>Send It Up

literally the two best songs on the album
>>
MBDTF>LR=CD>Yeezus>TLOP>Graduation>808s
>>
>>62580363
>>62581088
that was mine, ur close
>>
>>62578606
>does not have a single track better than bound 2
Reevaluate your taste
>>
LR = MBDTF > CD > TLOP > Grad > Yeezus > 808s

If LR and CD aren't at least in your top three, you're a fucking plebeian degenerate piece of trash.
>>
File: pablo.jpg (382 KB, 1280x1280) Image search: [Google]
pablo.jpg
382 KB, 1280x1280
>My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy

>The Life of Pablo
>Late Registration

>Yeezus

>Graduation
>College Dropout

>808s
>>
>>62578381
I bet you enjoy puns.
>>
File: kanyeart.png (591 KB, 669x670) Image search: [Google]
kanyeart.png
591 KB, 669x670
>OBJECTIVELY
MBDTF > LR > TLOP > 808S > YEEZUS > COLLEGE DROPOUT > GRADUATION

>PERSONALLY
MBDTF = TLOP > 808S > LR > YEEZUS > GRADUATION > COLLEGE DROPOUT
>>
>>62577972

CD > LR > G > MBDTF > 808s > TLOP > Y
>>
Personal ranks
1. MBDTF
2. TLOP
3. Graduation
4. Late Registration
5. Yeezus
6. College Dropout
7. 808's

Honestly TLOP could eclipse MBDTF at some point and depending on his "changes." Only skippable song is freestyle 4 (other than skits) and I'll fight anybody who thinks otherwise
>>
>>62581557
jesus what an absolutely deplorable list. are you just contrarian?
>>
>>62581605
>deplorable
>contrarian
at least I'm not a faggot
>>
https://theshibbolethblog.wordpress.com/2016/02/15/kanye-west-the-life-of-pablo/
>>
>https://theshibbolethblog.wordpress.com/2016/02/15/kanye-west-the-life-of-pablo/

not a huge fan of tlop
>>
>>62581633
calling me a faggot for using deplorable is understandable but there really wasnt any other word to use than contrarian in that context.

also your taste in kanye shows that you are a giant faggot
>>
>>62581692
Explain to me whats contrarian about it? Number one on the list is hailed as a 10 by nearly everybody you retard
>>
>>62581791
clearly it's not number 1 i'm talking about, that's mine too. i'm talking about you putting college dropout so low and graduation so high. do you honestly think graduation and TLOP are better than LR and CD?
>>
>>62581906
Graduation is an incredibly easy album to listen to and every song just makes you feel on top of the world. That was also the first kanye album I listened to and because of that it'll always be up there for me. I would say TLOP, Graduation, and LR are in the same tier for me, but I've always seen college dropout as overrated. Unpopular opinion around here, but Late Registration took everything about CD and improved drastically. CD is good but not Kanye's best imo
>>
>>62582032
>but I've always seen college dropout as overrated. Unpopular opinion around here, but Late Registration took everything about CD and improved drastically. CD is good but not Kanye's best imo
this
this so much
goddamn this
simplistic drums, way too many skits, overlong songs (a 12 minute track? really?)
also yeezus and 808s are underrated, graduation and CD are overrated
>>
File: 1454840649074.png (102 KB, 280x246) Image search: [Google]
1454840649074.png
102 KB, 280x246
>CD
>anything but last
>>
>>62578499
What? Bullshit. Nearly the entire first 8 songs are at least 8/10s
>>
>>62582079
Seriously, like every other song is a skit. How are people going to call TLOP not cohesive but an album that breaks into a skit after every fucking song is?
>>
>>62578764
>>62579673
>Facts
>Low Lights
>Freestyle 4
>good
My sides have left orbit
>>
>>62582329
>hating on low lights and freestyle 4
freestyle 4 feels like the best yeezus track never released
low lights is the heart of the album, never understood why people don't like it
>>
Yeezus>TLOP>MBDTF>LR>TCD>808s>CS>Graduation>WTT
>>
>>62582379
mah nigga
>>
>>62582123
>good morning
ok
>champion
good
>stronger
overrated, not good
>i wonder
cool beat lame flow
>good life
not good
>cant tell me nothing
ok
>barry bonds
not good
>drunk and hot girls
not good

overall 5/10 first half.
>>
im playing We Major loud as fuck to counter attack the absolute disaster that is FLOP
>>
File: image.jpg (10 KB, 153x152) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
10 KB, 153x152
>>62581265
>TLOP a 9
>Yeezus an 8.5
I can't breathe
>>
>>62582524
so to counter-attack TLOP, you're playing one of the worst tracks on LR?
>>
>>62582557
that is STILL better than the entire FLOP
>>
MBDTF > TLOP > GRAD = CD > 808s = LR = Yeezus

But if I absolutely had to make choose the order 1-7 i would turn = into >

I don't have to say why MBDTF is 1, its just perfect.
>Favorite song - Blame Game

TLOP im being generous with but i believe it lived up to the hype. I was actually upset with it after the first listen because i wanted more featured verses. Most of the features it had were great well known artists but they just lacked having actual verses. I was expecting Rocky, Tyler, and Earl to be on the album with feature length verses. As i continued listening to the album i began to see the short adds from the features to be interesting. It also makes chances contribution to the album shine more. I wouldnt cut any songs from TLOP and i need to listen to it more to really tier it but i believe it will stay as second best.
>Favorite Song - I havent really choosen yet but im certain it will be either ULB,Waves,Wolves, or Real Friends

I put grad at 3 because it was the album that made me a Kanye fan. I liked Kanye but wasn't really into his music all that much before grad.
>Favorite song - Stronger (Im a huge daft punk fan)

College Dropout has a very nostalgic feeling, i didnt listen to it alot when it came out but when i started college a few years ago it was late 2014 and i started listening to it all the time. My CD phase came late but im glad i had a phase for it because i appreciate all the tracks on it. Im glad i waited until when i did to listen to it all the time because it honestly was at the most relatable time of my life.
>Favorite song - Spaceship

808s is THE game changer. I believe it is what put him on the path to perfection. daring to try new things and become the kanye he would later become.
>Favorite Song - Love Lockdown
>>
>All these plebs not counting Watch The Throne or Cruel Summer
>>
>>62582781
>cont

Late Registration is the album i give the least love to because i havent listened to it religiously ever. All the other albums i gave alot of plays to but LR was the one im not familiar with. That being said it was the first and Gold Digger was the first song i heard by him and enjoyed.
>Favorite Song - Gold Digger

I dont like putting Yeezus last but as the follow up to MBDTF i was expecting more. I honestly want it to be up higher but its the only late Ye album that has songs i dont like at all ex (on sight). I liked alot of the songs on the album and the industrial sound to it is great. I love that Kanye always switches up the sounds and vibes of his albums but i wanted more with Yeezus.
>Favorite Song - Blood On the Leaves
>>
>>62583059
There's maybe 3 good songs on WTT, and cruel summer isnt worth anyones time
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.