[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Now that the dust has settled, what do we think?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 128
Thread images: 8
Now that the dust has settled, what do we think?
>>
Giving the second listen, but i like it.
What do you think OP?
>>
THE BURGLARS CONFIRMED FOR NEW JAM OF A LIFETIME
>>
vertical makes me cream every time
>>
I love it. They're best work in years.
>>
File: ancoride.jpg (38 KB, 465x379) Image search: [Google]
ancoride.jpg
38 KB, 465x379
JOAL right here, haters got btfo
>>
>>62520438
hocus pocus would be a better song if it wasnt after floridada
>>
This is fucking awful

Literally Centipede HZ 2 but worse

Every song reminds me of "Moonjock"

Awful
>>
>>62521690
>every song reminds me of moonjock
people forget that even though chz was meh, moonjock was god tier. so how could that be a bad thing?
>>
>>62520438
GARBAGE
A
R
B
A
G
E
>>
Think of Centipede HZ meets Panda Bear Meets the Grim Reaper

It's not good.
>>
>>62522138
sounds god tier imo
sucks for you though
>>
>>62522043
>>62522074
objectively wrong
sounds nothing like chz
sounds more like strawberry jam but way poppier and sexier
>>
>>62522167
i'm not agreeing with>>62521690
i think painting with is fucking amazing
>>
>>62520438
why does this sound like Pet Sounds with some Riffs?
>>
Album of the year, seriously.
>>
link pls
>>
>>62521603
although floridada and lying in the grass are great they do not fit into the album well
>>
>>62521300
YES
>>
>dust has settled

it's been like 3 hours, but this album is 10/10 album of the decade
>>
>>62522138
Sound like SJ but more poppier
>>
>>62522426
it sounds nothing like SJ

this is mpp with more of a focus on vocal harmonies with a little avey tares slasher flix mixed in
>>
where da link @
>>
>>62522353
floridada doesn't sound a lot like other songs in this album, but because it's so early on i'm fine with it. if it started with hocus pocus it would've made a lot more sense, but floridada is still a great song. lying in the grass, however, does fit in this album pretty well imo. unfortunately it's probably the weakest track(it's still good)
>>
File: 1.png (1 MB, 1023x869) Image search: [Google]
1.png
1 MB, 1023x869
has someone made an album called

>Now that the dust has settled, what do we think of

they should do that
>>
>>62522353
>>62522968
have you guys thought that floridada sounds so different because you've already listened to it quite a few times so it sticks out like a sore thumb?
>>
>>62523078
that might be a reason, but honestly it's mostly because it reminds me a lot more of old anco. the album in general is a lot different than anything they've done before, but with some tweaking floridada could easily fit on strawberry jam imo
>>
>>62523146
thats interesting, I kind of wish i never listened to floridada so I could have a more 'pure' opinion

> the album in general is a lot different than anything they've done before

you know I agree with you, I'm already in love with this album, but it's funny reading some people talk about how it sounds like they're rehashing old ideas.
>>
after first listen, its not bad
>>
Burgulars definatley the best.
Not big on Golden gal tho
>>
it's so good, but damn now i gotta spend time with this new kanye. too much stuff going on tonight!
>>
I HEAR IT DOUBLY CLEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAR
>>
BUUUUUURGULAAAAAAAAAARRSSS
>>
>>62524340
>Not big on Golden Gal
Honestly I think it's SOTY, although only on first listen. I really dig the album as a whole, loved Burglars and Bagels in Kiev as well.
>>
Vocals are a mess, distracting
>>
just got back from work and found out some dickhead recorded this with a video camera and ripped the audio. what the fuck?
>>
I heard the 'remastered' leaked version of floridada and it still fucking sucks. unbearable quality desu.
This doesn't matter cuz it will drop soon.
>>
File: 1455298220746-mu.jpg (99 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1455298220746-mu.jpg
99 KB, 500x500
i thought it was a bit bland on the first listen but as i hear it more i appreciate it more and more, this is a pretty great album

definitely not their best but still great overall
>>
Anybody have the link?
>>
>>62527034
yes
>>
>>62527646
Ah sweet. Thanks
>>
I didn't 'get' Floridada until the third or fourth listen, so I'm holding off on reviewing this just yet. Bagels in Kiev and On Delay stand out on second listen.
>>
it's kind of boring so far....
>>
link please
>>
>>62528194
quality shit af but i agree

going to wait for release now

in interviews they said they wrote this, produced, etc all in one month from scratch in the studio

kinda sounds like it...
>>
When was the last time all these people comparing it to SJ listened to SJ? The only song I could possibly see on this album is Derek. It definitely is more Hz than SJ.
>>
Golden Gal sounds like Vampire Weekend
>>
Sound quality not as bad as I expected. Low expectations despite the hype I've been reading tonight, let's do it
>>
>>62528555
>Sound quality not as bad as I expected.
I do not understand people saying this - to me it's verging on unlistenable. Perhaps my standards are higher than I had thought.
>>
is there a good leak? Two weeks ago I got only bait, with Neutral Milk Hotel as the second track and other indie shit. Immediately scanned for trojans. Been afraid to open my computer ever since.
>>
>>62528615
Idk I was expecting some iPhone voice recording tier thing. This just sounds like your typical vinyl rip to me.
>>
>>62528555
I turned off middle of floridada. that was definitely not how I wanted the experience to be. It's not unlistenable but still horrible
>>
Not anything like CHz at all all. It's a more fitting sequel to MPP. For some reason it reminds me of Honeycomb/Gotham.

It uses some of the same tricks as Panda Bear's last album, but it doesn't dwell on them, and moves from one song to the next at a pace that prevents it from getting boring. Hocus Pocus would probably benefit from a better position later in the album, it sounds weak after Floridada.

It has some missteps, but the clarity and energy of this album put it way ahead of the audio train wreck that was CHz.

My favorites are probably The Burglers and Bagels in Kiev.
>>
>>62528701
There is a legit one, but the quality is pretty bad.
>>
I like lying in the grass better in context

Halfway in and vertical is my favorite so far
>>
>>62528333
I don't see where the CHz comparison comes from cause its nothing like it
>>
>>62521690
It's not like Centipede Hz at all.

Also, I predicted correctly. Painting With is their best album already. It's not even a contest.
>>
>>62528701
https://mega.nz/#!sQlDFZKY!mFICskwcGfNrmPVc_FmD_QnuvqVmGiMoE1Lbx2kSALo

best i've heard. but maybe best to wait
>>
Well, I do like The Life of Pablo
>>
Are y'all really listening to the 128kbps iphone mic rip? Really? Why?
>>
>>62528268
panda and avey each wrote 8 songs before going into the studio
(12 on the album, 2 are the songs on the 7" coming out, 2 will be released in some other unknown way)
>>
All I see is vertical love I thought it was alright.....
Burglars in the other hand is fucking goty and I'm really digging natural selection right now
>>
>>62528268
Nope, they didn't say that. Kinda sounds like you have bad reading comprehension...
>>
File: me tho.png (164 KB, 403x433) Image search: [Google]
me tho.png
164 KB, 403x433
>>62521690
>>62522074
>>62522138
>i formed my opinion after listening to it once
>>
>>62529264
>i made sure to judge people's premature judgements to let people know that I actually know what's up
>>
>>62528743
Forgot to add, the album has some sublime moments that pass by as quickly as they arrive. This will probably add a lot of replayability to the album, but it also never quite reaches the heights AnCo has in the past. Even CHz had moments like the climax of New Town Burnout or the end of Amanita that aren't really on this album at all. It's not really a bad thing though, not every album needs to have intense psychedelic peaks.

I love the little touches though:
>piccolo(?) sample in Lying in the Grass
>synth in The Burglers sounds like 8 bit Middle Eastern drone music
>brief fizzling vocals towards the end of On Delay
>eerie, possibly microtonal chiming in Summing the Wretch
>moment of pure vocal harmony to conclude Golden Gal
>>
I'm going to wait for a better quality rip before listening to this.
>>
File: 1455423284074.jpg (28 KB, 500x555) Image search: [Google]
1455423284074.jpg
28 KB, 500x555
>>62529366
>i gave a critique to your opinion on their rating to boost my indie cred
>>
ehh it wasn't TLOP so it was kind of shitty
>>
>>62529366
and he would be correct in doing so, faggot.
>>
>>62529474
But TLOP was boring
>>
Should of left Feedback on the cutting room floor t b h. Felt so out of place.
>>
>>62520438
4/kanye
>>
>>62529474
But TLOP was bad
>>
>>62528743
>Hocus Pocus would probably benefit from a better position later in the album, it sounds weak after Floridada.
i strongly agree. usually they're sequencing is really good but this time hocus pocus really seems out of place.
>>
>>62529575
their*** ....
>>
>>62529575
my impression might be messed up because i've heard floridada so many times though
>>
>album leaks
>not on what.cd

what the fug :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
>>
>>62521300
I knew it would be from the 30 second sample! The synth leading into the chorus is just too craaazy
>>
Well after first listen, I count 6 standout made me jam songs in addition to Floridada. For me 7 songs that I flat out love out of 12 is pretty damn good. No bad songs though the couple before golden gal don't excite me much. We'll see how a higher quality rip sits with me but for now, solid 8. Not quite merriwheater tier in terms of their pop material but then I don't think I enjoyed that album on first go as much as I have this one.
>>
who /furiouslyf5ingwhat.cd/ here?
>>
>>62520438

Are we referring to the shitty 128 kbs vinyl recording? Anyone got a better quality leak? I don't wanna ruin my first listen with what I've been told is a shit quality recording.
>>
>>62529408
yea New Town Burnout was the only redeeming part of that album

WUH-OH-OH-OH
>>
The only thing I don't like is that every single Panda song has that same vocal effect he did on Boys Latin of him changing quickly between the left and right channels with every few words in each line.

After a while it's just enough with that gimmick already.
>>
It's a great album but it ends on a turd considering their last two ending tracks were Brother Sport and Amanita which love or hate at least closed the albums out on a strong note.

The last song on this album sounds like the last track on a bonus B-Side EP.
>>
File: alphys smug.png (51 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
alphys smug.png
51 KB, 600x600
>>62529983
NEXT SUNG TONGS CONFIRMED
>>
>>62529983
what the fuck Recycling is amazing
>>
File: tlop.png (1 MB, 1451x1446) Image search: [Google]
tlop.png
1 MB, 1451x1446
>>62529983
To me it seems like the album works on a much smaller scale than their last albums in general, not just in the closer. Not that the songs aren't solid, but the album seems pretty modest.
>>
>>62530032
it's like AnCo touching on My Bloody Valentine
>>
>>62522280
>>62522840
http://www38.zippyshare.com/v/vzkwN4a7/file.html
>>
Bagels in Kiev is GOAT
>>
tell me what to think of this /moo/
>>
>>62529983

Recycling is an awesome closer.. not sure what you mean. Love the ending
>>
>>62522280
>>62522840
>>62530075
320 kbps https://mega.nz/#!JMRU2T7Q!XhH-4xMzp99PwVWbNjlx1bcrOIs9h63MCG6GicJYawg
>>
>>62530206
Don't dl, some dj dude fucking interrupts every song (presumably, I only checked two of them)
>>
Holy shit....On Delay.
>>
>>62530206
Do not download unless you wanna hear DJ AARON ELLIS scream in your ear.
>>
HOLY SHIT HOCUS POCUS IS THE SHIT

<3

God damn this album is going to be their best yet isn't it?
>>
>>62530206
JUST LOOK AT THE LINK. THE SHITTY DJ TROLL ONE ENDS IN "YAWG".
>>
FLAC/320 WHEN
>>
>>62531428
>>62530206
>>
The thing I like about this album (as it seems so far) is that these songs are so progressive and abstract at times, their short lengths aren't even noticed. Two minutes in the realm of Painting With seems like 5 in real time.
>>
This album is fucking incredible. I can't wait for a good rip to pop up. Def gonna be a strong AOTY contender.
>>
>>62531640
This. The album felt like 2 hours. I don't know if that's a good thing
>>
>>62531710
It is for me, didn't feel drawn out at all. Felt like I was discovering something amazing and savoring every moment.
>>
>>62531268
>>
link where
>>
>>62521690
Doesn't even sound similar to CHz
Nothing sounds remotely like Moonjock
Even if it did it would still be awesome because Moonjock is fucking GOAT
>>
Easily the best out of their poppier albums.
>>
>>62529803
it's a scene release senpai. nobody's gonna want this shitty 128 crosley rip once it's released for realz
>>
>>62521300
panda's vocal on this track is so gorgeous
>>
I don't understand, is the DJ Aaron Ellis one actually 320 just with the shitty samples or does it sound as bad as all the others?
>>
>>62535996
sounds bad as all the others
also has someone pretending hes a radio player
>>

this link is not unlistenable at all what are you niggas even talking abt
>>
>>62537927
That is the older version of this

http://www42.zippyshare.com/v/14H4EB80/file.html
>>
Really good. At least an 8/10 upon first listen.
>>
best new leak
https://mega.nz/#!L8ch0CpT!9LJ15zYiuBgNjnyMVPOf_yaC5URKD1UfiAHBM9s82cI
>>
>>62522560
What the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>62538167
Is this DJ Ellis?
>>
>>62538573
no, 100% meme free
it's the tagged + album cover version with fixed track lenghts
>>
pretty shit so far 2bh phamilia
>>
People who have listened to the various leaks: is it worth it? Or should we hold out for better quality if we have been thus far?
>>
>>62538804
I can't speak for you or anyone else but I fucking love this album and will be buying it on Friday.
>>
>>62538804
The improved version sounds much better and I am loving the album. Definitely buying and I don't usually buy often
>>
Is there an actual decent rip out yet or has everyone just listened to the shitty Crosley rip?
>>
>>62539215
Someone keeps saying there is a better version out but no one had came up to show it
>>
Just listening to. Florida is fucking great!
>>
>>62539328
I can wait
Thread replies: 128
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.