[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts on going to concerts alone? They're going to be
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: gy!be.jpg (162 KB, 1024x855) Image search: [Google]
gy!be.jpg
162 KB, 1024x855
Thoughts on going to concerts alone?
They're going to be in town in a few weeks and I don't know anyone else interested in seeing them.
>>
I prefer it
>>
Sometimes it can be weird, but for Godspeed You! Black Emperor it's fine. The entire atmosphere of the concert is quite. Before the set some people talk, but during the actual performance the audience is silent. When I sw them live a few years back there were quite a few people alone and no one thought anything of it.

Plus it's one of the best concerts you'll ever see so it's worth it.
>>
>>62002193
Thanks man. I was thinking the audience would be pretty quiet, that sounds really nice. My kind of concert.
>>
Godspeed is fine to go to. I have friends always willing to go to any show (if you pay for them) but it's not fun to go with people who are indifferent so I go alone to most shows these days. Danced my ass off in the front of HEALTH and it was great; wouldn't have done that with a friend around desu
>>
I was in the same boat as you in September, OP

I decided to go see them and it was incredible-- I was touching the stage. My first time seeing them and it was the best concert I've ever been to

>>62002193

I agree with everything this person said
>>
>>62002291
>>62002379
Alright thanks guys. I'm really looking forward to it.
>>
There are some bands you just shouldn't see alone. I saw the Mountain Goats by myself because I didn't have any friends that were into them, and while the actual performance was spectacular (I caught myself smiling from ear to ear a dozen times), I feel like the experience could have been better. Should have brought a qt with me and grabbed her hand while they played Old College Try. I also saw William Fitzsimmons, but I'm kinda glad I didn't bring anyone to that. Only two I've seen alone.

I think Godspeed would be fine to see alone though. Might actually be better.
>>
The violent gang of homeless junkies that hangs out down at the railroad tracks is giving a "concert" and you're considering going ALONE?

This is just a ploy so they can get you and a few dozen other people cornered so they can mug you to get money to buy smack.

Don't fall for their phony sales pitch. They will tell you they will play quaint instruments like the glockenspiel and put their violins on strange, archaic tunings and march around the audience while black and white super 8 films of driving quickly past barren potato fields in Quebec in early spring. They will tell you their songs are about finding improbable joy and fighting the resignation toward man's disenfranchisement from his world on multiple levels.

DON'T BE FOOLED!!

Junkies all have good intentions, but in the end, their bodies crave the relief that only heroin can provide. You're just a means to an end for them.

Please be safe. Just stay home and listen to an Explosions in the Sky record.
>>
>>62002291
Shitty friends. You pay? Kek
>>
I have two tickets that im selling because i cant make it. its for the los angels date on 2/5 i think
>>
>>62003866
>I fell for the third wave post rock meme
>>
going to shows alone is fine

only autists worry about it

they're called shows not concerys kiddo
>>
>>62003866
best new pasta 8.2/10
>>
>>62002193
This
>>
>>62002176
This. Especially shows by smaller bands. I don't want to stay at home just because I've no one to go to with.
I usually go see "bigger" bands with my friends tho.
>>
>>62002154
it's comfy: no need to do tedious chat with friends. You just sip beers, eventually dance a bit.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.