[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>leave AOTY to me
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: pjharvey2-770x470.jpg (44 KB, 770x470) Image search: [Google]
pjharvey2-770x470.jpg
44 KB, 770x470
>leave AOTY to me
>>
>>61935113
LES is overrated and the new one sounds like it'll be LES 1.5
>>
>>61935113
i bet it will be a boring alt-rock album like the rest of her discography
>>
>>61935113
hyped
>>
>>61935138
LES is listerally the best album of the last decade
>>
she would look cute with semen in her hair
>>
>>61935113
polly jean is actually pretty qt, she looks like every girl i ever fancied
>>
>>61935175
so would i but you dont hear her saying that... tbqh hahahahahahahahhaha
>>
>>61935169
>last decade
it came out in 2011
>>
Let England Shake is the album of the decade undoubtedly, she'll deliver
>>
>>61935113
I'm genuinely hyped. I like all her albums.
>>
>>61935169
ello reddit
>>
File: PJ.jpg (54 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
PJ.jpg
54 KB, 720x480
>>61935188
She has an unusual beauty, but I'm very attracted to it as well.
>>
>>61935113
Literally the only good song she ever recorded was Is This Love, and that was just facile late 90s 'alternative' rock. She is the most overrated artist in the history of pop music. Maybe Liz Phair comes close, but Liz has been swallowed up by history while Harvey is still around for having dated Nick Cave. Yet she's just another 90s neo-rock artist with a limited vocabulary and a trail of overgenerous production fuelling her success, such as it was.
>>
Would you rather:
>Good PJ album but lacking Radiohead album
Or
>Good Radiohead album but lacking PJ album
>>
>>61936228
y not both good albums
>>
>>61936228
>2016
>still talking about radiohead
>>
>>61935148
>>61936170
Why is it ok to like Tom Waits but not PJ Harvey
If you haven't listened to Rid of Me I could see why you'd think she's "overrated"
>>
>>61936258
I wrote the second post you replied to and I don't like Waits either. His long Beefheart phase is especially offensive, because you can't just appropriate genius. You can take it to the bank, as Waits had proved, but his work will remain derivative and his life undeserving of the growl he affects.
>>
>>61936228
>still expecting good music from post-Amnesiac Radiohead
>>
>>61936358
>Implying Waits isn't infinitely better than Beefheart
Listenable always trumps unlistenable
>>
File: pj2.jpg (195 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
pj2.jpg
195 KB, 1200x1200
Bad - Uh Huh Her
OK but dull - Dry, Dance Hall At Louse Point, A Woman A Man Walked By
Decent - Stories from the City, Stories from the Sea, Let England Shake
Pretty Good - White Chalk, Rid of Me
Great - Is This Desire?, To Bring You My Love
>>
>>61935113
She could get the duck
>>
>>61936662
bump Let England Shake to 'Great' and i'm onboard with this ranking
>>
The songwriting on Let England Shake is fantastic. I'm very excited for her new album..
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.