[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Theoretical Genres
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4
File: images.jpg (7 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7 KB, 259x194
Describe a genre, others tell you if it exists.
>>
the sound of me finally losing my virginity

;_;
>>
Post Hip Hop.
I'm in the middle of making some so please say no.
>>
>>61915761
what does post hip hop even mean
>>
>>61915759
That's too specific for a whole genre anon
>>
Crescendocore Post-Shoegaze
>>
>>61915761
Not quite sure what that means, put post it up when you're finished senpai
>>
meme metal
>>
Powerviolence-Chinese Opera Fusion
>>
>>61916115
Liturgy - The Ark Work.
>>
wouldn't know what to call it but a mixture of grindcore and chillwave
>>
Maximalism, like the reversal of phillip glass minimalism.

ON minimalism stuff that sounds equal, repeat alot then change to something that sound a little similar and will also repeat alot and then will change to something that sounds a little similar..... and this goes on
On maximalism you would play something of small lenght not repeating it, and then play something of small lenght that SOUNDS very different and then playing something very different again from some of the previous parts...

NOPE harsh noise is not the answer since it changes all the time but to stuff that sounds not so different.
>>
new jack swing jazz
>>
File: beathappening.jpg (17 KB, 300x296) Image search: [Google]
beathappening.jpg
17 KB, 300x296
tweemo
>>
>>61916296
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Totalism
>>
Pitch shifted/deepened vocals, like Macintosh Plus' 420. But not vaporwave.
>>
Bluesgaze

A combination of Blues/Blues Rock and Shoegaze.
>>
Soviet Space Punk
>>
blackened hard bop
>>
>>61915824
>>61915989
It's the equivalent of Post Rock, but with Hip Hop elements, sort of de-constructed if you will. Like drum machines and beats but with drawn out structures and added instrumentation and introspective lyrics. I want to make the Laughing Stock of Hip Hop, basically.
>>
Post IDM
>>
Tweegaze
>>
Nostalgia
>>
Indonesian Swing Black Metal Bebop
>>
>>61916292
chillgrind?
>>
>>61917169
Black Tambourine!
Also, some of Candy Claws work is definitely tweegaze
>>
Antifascist Circle Pit Hip Hop
>>
>>61916595
basically how all Alt-bro producers make their vocals for their Soundcloud tracks with Japanese letters on the cover
>>
>>61916771
this is what death grips are.
>>
>>61917097
Good luck man, a subgenre I would love to make too.
>>
>>61915737
Experimental Pop Country. I know it doesn't exist so don't even try.
>>
>>61917395
Well thanks for the positivity! Rare to come by around these parts
>>
File: 1452632414962.png (41 KB, 235x236) Image search: [Google]
1452632414962.png
41 KB, 235x236
>>61917389
>>
post-pop
And no, I don't really think PC Music or Bubblegum Bass accounts for that. It can help as a future reference, but it needs more substance
>>
Doo-Wop Gaze, Psychedelic Punk, Dream Folk
>>
Post-Jazz
>>
>>61918051
i think dream folk could apply to ambient folk like grouper or natural snow buildings maybe the microphones, jessica pratt is also really good
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.