[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If one bothers to read Scaruffi's essay on the Beatles in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5
File: 1399926828411s.jpg (14 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1399926828411s.jpg
14 KB, 250x250
If one bothers to read Scaruffi's essay on the Beatles in full and Scaruffi's responses to various Beatles fanmail he received throughout the years, one will come to the conclusion that he does not hate the Beatles as much as he hates the fanbase the Beatles have managed to create. In his writings Scaruffi calls the Beatles fanbase a persistent, rabid delusional force and goes as far as to compare them to radical muslims. Even the redditor copypasta which debunks Scaruffi's musical criticism on the Beatles can't help it but agree with his stance on the band's fanbase.

Beatles cancer has been present on /mu/ as well: reflected in an old /mu/mor comic where anon goes to /a/, to /v/ and to /mu/ where he gets attacked by a rabid Beatles fanatic, and continues to live on in more recent times with tripfags like Antz and CLT promoting Beatles (and dadrock) discussion (even going as far as to UNDERRATE them). The two of them are just what constitutes the problem in modern age /mu/ - /mu/ has managed to turn into one of the internet's last bastions devoid of rampant Beatles discussion, a place where if you wanted to discuss the Beatles or other dadrock music you were forced to leave for a different community. This is on a change since recent times due to CLT and Antz forcing a contrarian mindset upon the /mu/ community in an effort to combat the memerap plague. The tripfags are using "memerap" as a premise to turn /mu/ into a generic dadrock forum, the two of them want to prevent /mu/ from turning into reddit... by turning /mu/ into reddit. The two have managed to created a "right generation" image to contrast the "wrong generation" image - believing it to be an example of a positive ideal being against a negative one - when the reality being that both sides are shit due to their black and white nature. The two fail to realize what constitutes a good taste and musical mindset - a gray area within one's combined palette of musical preferences.
>>
Dadrock is just as cancerous to /mu/ as memerap is, if not more cancerous due to memerap dying out with recent events and dadrock becoming more and more widespread thanks to certain tripfag shitposters. If you care about /mu/ quality: shitpost in dadrock and memerap threads, and if you like quality music: participate in less frequent music threads with genuine and helpful replies.

To summarize: If you like the Beatles, you are but a germ that attracts other germs. If you like the Beatles, you are the cancer killing /mu/.
>>
>>61910590
back to reddit
>>
the beatles only achievement was taking (ie. stealing) black music and turning it into an accesible, non threathening commodity. Same goes for Bowie, Zeppelin, Dylan, Wilson, and all the holy cows of 'classic rock'
>>
File: 1453332373743[1].png (120 KB, 487x328) Image search: [Google]
1453332373743[1].png
120 KB, 487x328
>>
File: ok friend.gif (240 KB, 501x134) Image search: [Google]
ok friend.gif
240 KB, 501x134
>>
>>61910590
I get what you’re doing. Really, I do. You’re trying to shit on people’s musical tastes to either appear more well-versed in music than them or you just want to see the shocked look on people’s faces as you besmirch their favorite band. And listen, I don’t blame you for either. They’re both fun activities that I partake in on the reg. If you name me a band you like, I will find a hundred different ways to judge you on your taste. If the band happens to feature a white guy with dreads, make it three hundred. But The Beatles, dude? The fucking Beatles? You are really scraping the barrel if you are knocking people for liking The Beatles, you moron.
>>
>>61910793
Really, I don’t want to hear your half-cocked, grasping-at-straws theories about how The Beatles weren’t even talented musicians or how they stole their sound from other bands or how John was the only talented one. What I want you to do is shut your stupid-ass face, you stupid assface.
>>
>>61910811
John was a racist junkie asshole who beat his wife
>>
>>61910836
so
>>
File: autism-gif-o.gif (272 KB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
autism-gif-o.gif
272 KB, 320x180
>>61910590
>>61910599
>>61910637
>>61910811
>>
Oh, look. It's this meme again.

Scaruffi is a hack.
>>
Fuck the haters.
I LIKE The Beatles!
>>
the beatles knocked over my poinsettias and called me a terrible gardener
>>
File: cooltext160854464650862[1].gif (154 KB, 1072x106) Image search: [Google]
cooltext160854464650862[1].gif
154 KB, 1072x106
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.