[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why don't we talk about this meme anymore?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: Faust.jpg (99 KB, 970x940) Image search: [Google]
Faust.jpg
99 KB, 970x940
Why don't we talk about this meme anymore?
>>
because it's too good
>>
shut the fuck up
>>
>>61870339
This album is sooo fucking bad lmao, I cant believe you fuckers tricked me into listening to literal poopoo
>>
File: faust.jpg (370 KB, 1902x869) Image search: [Google]
faust.jpg
370 KB, 1902x869
>>61870339
>>
>>61870339

There's not much more to be said about it. It's generally agreed that if you didn't like it at first, you will in a few days, or even months. It fucks with people's perceptions of what "rock" can be to the point of sometimes "what the fuck this is absolute shit." But then you gotta go back to it to figure what that shit was all about. Then you realize it's pretty fucking great.
>>
File: JUST.jpg (369 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
JUST.jpg
369 KB, 1500x1500
J US T
>>
Its so good it transcends being devalued by you memesters
>>
This is one album I just don't get.
>>
File: _fuck.jpg (66 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
_fuck.jpg
66 KB, 600x800
>>61870651

Without being too dramatic, a lot of Faust is shrouded in mystery and mythology. There are two stories about how it assembled: Engineer/producer Uwe Nettlebeck got offered a deal by a label to come up with a band that could rival The Rolling Stones, a band that could be the "electronic" Beatles of Germany. The other way around, the band members assembled themselves and sought out Uwe Nettlebeck. Either way, the label Polydor gave this new up and coming project COMPLETE artistic country and LOTS of money to produce some shit. The band functioned on a "democracy" and "anything goes" basis, which ultimately led to a lot of fights as the sessions went on. The idea was to let the many influences each band member had influence the project, instead of doing the Beatles thing Polydor wanted. Purportedly a lot of money was spent on drugs, they'd send field recordings back to the executives to fuck with them, things like that. Half a year goes by and they haven't finished the album yet, so they scrounged it together from what they could.

Tthe album is a complete rejection of the last 30-40 years of music from America, England, from anywhere. That's it, and the final tracks are completely fascinating in how they achieve this.
>>
>>61870409
i agree with you on the stockhausen comparison. sounds just like sternklang except not as good or interesting as sternklang.
>>
>>61870602
Great commentary
>>
>>61871437
this was good gracias
>>
>>61870339
>calling it a meme
Kill yourself
>>
>>61871509
it's definitely a meme but that doesn't mean it's bad or anything like that. it's collage music for people who don't care about collage music.
>>
>>61871543
It's more the fact that word has lost all definition because you saturate it be using it in every second sentence.
>>
>>61871619
i hope you don't mean me specifically cuz i don't do that at all
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.