[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The title "Jenny Death" is interesting as it features
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: DG.jpg (51 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
DG.jpg
51 KB, 500x500
The title "Jenny Death" is interesting as it features the words "Jenny Death", never before used in Death Grips lyrics, and because it appears to be an allusion to the Gil Scott-Heron poem "Jenny On The Moon". The poem is about Gil's dissatisfaction with the fact that his taxes are being used for the astonishing yet ultimately meaningless pursuit of putting some fuck called Jenny on the moon while his family of people not called Jenny remains in poverty. With the title "Jenny Death", the roles are reversed: people not called Jenny are now the ones freely being handed things by the government while Jennies, despite generally being in higher positions, are suffering despite their own personal abilities (it should be noted that Death Grips identify as very individualist).
Take the song Someone Who Isn't Jenny Yet Is Both Me, And A Quarterback, a song which, on the surface, is about Ride being pulled over by a cop called Jenny. The song features the lyrics
>She's so Jenny, no
>I'm so not Jenny, albino
which come off as completely sarcastic given Ride's complete lack of "anti-Jenny". In the Pitchfork interview he hardly exhibits any traits of traditional Jennylessness, he very rarely speaks in a Jenny-less dialect, only occasionally using "'YUH", and, as previously mentioned, has never used the words Jenny Death, the only thing close being the very insulting use of "Gina Deceased" in the song Ponderin' Rape.
Also, note the song Say Hey Jenny. The song very often makes reference to "my people", and implies a strong devotion to their boring, first world ways. Is this meant to imply that anti-Jennies have been tamed by da Jenny woman, and that they need to return to their real culture? It seems hard to believe, considering Stefan's genuine personality and they way that the Jennyless continues to suffer in their pursuit of being "not Jenny", as ironically demonstrated in Someone Who Isn't Jenny Yet Is Both Me, And A Quarterback.
What do you guys think of this? Am I right?
>>
that would have been funny a year ago, no one cares about Jenny Death here now
>>
I hate you so much. more than any other poster. go back to KTT. I dare you to post this to reddit
>>
>>61869512
Found the poster this guy is parodying
>>
>>61869452
lmfao

I thought you were the guy from yesterday but then I read the first sentence
>>
>>61869452
Hey OP, ignore all this bullying. This is really insightful and I'd like more examination of Death Grips like this!
>>
>>61870844
You can't even speak english
>>
>>61871361
>getting baited in a shitpost thread
>>
>>61869452
Lol its called whitey's on the moon u fucking moron get your black power poetry game up
>>
Am I the only fan that wishes that DG really broke up after Jenny Death?
>>
>>61872363
Why would you want that?
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.