[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Amazing Atheist: "No one will have to mourn today's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 26
File: Amazing Atheist.png (58 KB, 590x478) Image search: [Google]
Amazing Atheist.png
58 KB, 590x478
He's right you know.
>>
>Taylor Swift
>Deak
>the black guy from Death Grips
>>
dadrock
>>
Hope he gets BTFO because of this, what a whiny little bitch.
>>
>>61862866
what a self important butt head
>>
BORN
>>
Well, at least no one will have to mourn butthurt obese atheist-youtubers when they're gone, because boy do they suck #silverlining
>>
What would he think of Kanye?
>>
BIG YELLOW
>>
NEW MUSIC SUCKS, LOOK AT MY ORIGINAL OPINION
>>
Here comes /r/lewronggeneration

Even though he's right, most popular musicians of today DO suck. Yes, there are some pretty good obscure ones we can find but let's be real, most mainstream artists do suck compared to the past. And he's a big 90's guy & desu he's right, I miss 90's shoegaze.
>>
>>61862899
some1 tweet this at him.
>>
People expect everything handed out to them on a silver platter then pretend to care about it on twitter. Fucking posers.
>>
Can't wait till JB dies

>grabs popcorn
>>
Fuck atheists
>>
>>61862929
>i'm 14 and listen to 90's shoegaze, i wish the rest of my generation listened to GOOD MUSIC
>>
>>61862880
>Taylor Swift
Only if she dies now. I doubt she will remain relevant well into her 60s like Bowie did. It will be a footnote at best "hey remember that hot popstar from the 2010s? Yeh she ded?"

>Deak
Animal Collective has a very small following outside the internet.

>MC Ride
See Deak, once again they lack the mainstream appeal to be mourned on a larger scale

As much as a I hate the Amazing Fedora Man, he's probably right (on the mourning part, not on the "they suck" part), none of the currents artists will ever have the same level of fame as the dadrock elite. Only one I can imagine having a huge worldwide mourning spree will be Dave Grohl, because Nirvana
>>
BANANA
>>
>>61862943

go to bed, g man
>>
>>61862929
You knw shoegaze isn't as big as in the 90 s obviosuly but theres people doing cool stuff with that sound nowatdays.
>>
File: aQuJBZy.jpg (100 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
aQuJBZy.jpg
100 KB, 640x960
>>61862929
>most popular musicians of today DO suck

you do know most popular musicians from every fucking era do suck right?

>oh but muh led zep, pink floy, list goes on

Those are outliers in a sea of largely forgotten, mediocre corporate music. The 70s/80s/90s/whatever were FILLED with very popular one/two hit wonders that had a few charting hits then faded into obscurity. Bands like Led Zep were simply the very few good and famous ones. And even today, there are very popular acts that aren't shit. But b/c the industry is dying and moving away from "2-3 big conglomerates tell everyone what to listen to" to "shit load of indie labels competing for a very fragmented market", the days of big rockstars are gone

tl;dr: take off the nostalgia glasses.
>>
Who gives a fuck about this attention whore ?

#sobrave
>>
>>61863001

For some reason, /mu/ is obsessed with edgy YouTubers, which is because this board is the youngest on here.
>>
this guy is an idiot.
There are so many talented musicians that will be missed by other talented musicians because only the talented make the effort to surround themselves with these people and listen to their work.
Mike Michells Rache is a great project full of young twenty year olds.
Mark Guilliana's quartet is sick as fuck
So much great young music featuring great young musicians that this retard is clueless about yet spews his bullshit and the sad part is people will stupidly agree with him.
GURR DURR DA LADY GAGA WOLL NOT BE MISSED LE ERONG GENERATION

fucking idiots
>>
Dadrocking pardners are the best huh
>>
>>61862956
>Only one I can imagine having a huge worldwide mourning spree will be Dave Grohl, because Nirvana

>Paul McCartney
>Jimmy page
>Mick Jagger
>>
>>61862985
led zep, pink floyd etc. were still much, much bigger than today's good' artists
>>
>>61862956
>none of the currents artists will ever have the same level of fame as the dadrock elite

and why is this a bad thing again
>>
>>61862985
What people like you don't understand is today's "sucky" pop musicians hire world class musicians to tour with them.
Kendrick Lamar has an all star band with him.
Snoop dog takes Nick smith on tour
Beyoncé takes Chris Dave and Robert Robert Glasper wherever she goes.
Jay-z picked up Tony Royster.
Gaga has Spanky Mcgurdy etc
They employ great musicians for epic paying gigs who in my opinion deserve every penny.
>>
>>61862929
>most popular musicians of today DO suck

Never specified popular or not, just today's artists. So according to him everyone sucks or he really thinks nothing outside top40 exists. But really, who cares about him.

>>61862899
tweet it.
>>
>>61863034
I was talking about younger, more currents musicians, you dumb shit

Yes, there is no doubt when those guys and Roger Waters die there will be a huge commotion. Now if we're talking about more recent artists, not one of them is able to tap into the kind of relevancy and fame as Led Zeppelin

>>61863049
not a bad thing, just pointing out he's right in that regard. The great Rockstar era is dead
>>
>>61863060

And those people all suck.

>>61862985

Ignorant post. Most 90's musicians were fantastic, 80's too. Nobody compares to Zeppelin, Bowie, Manson or Floyd. Come on.
>>
>>61863045

that is still besides the point, they were big because the industry back then was a gigantic monolith where labels had power to shape the industry to their whim

these days, with the internet and with everybody finding their own niche scene, the days of megastars are long, gone.

but that is besides the point I am talking about. dadrockers/lewronggenerationers always talk about "Led Zep, PF, list goes on" while conveniently ignoring the hundreds of other absolutely trash music that were considered 'popular' and are now forgotten because they were shit. led zep and pf and a handful of other bands that are still talked about today are outliers in a sea of shit
>>
>>61863084
What does sucking mean to you?
"I've never heard it or play an instrument therefore they suck"
Fucking retard. Just as bad as the banana fucking athiest.
>>
>>61863084
if not bait, you know where to go.

>>>/b/
>>
>>61863084
>Most 90's musicians were fantastic

nostalgia_glasses.jpeg
>>
No joke, The Amazing Atheist made me turn towards Christianity, I now have a beautiful Christian girlfriend and a happy life, while this faggot pours hot oil on himself for sexual pleasure and I'm sure contemplates killing himself daily.

Disgusting sodomite.
>>
File: 1412139229493.png (71 KB, 330x366) Image search: [Google]
1412139229493.png
71 KB, 330x366
>Kanye dies in a plane crash with no survivors
>reddit and twitter get flooded with "haha thank god, take bieber next xD"
>>
>>61863084
>Ignorant post. Most 90's musicians were fantastic, 80's too. Nobody compares to Zeppelin, Bowie, Manson or Floyd. Come on.

Oh boy, oh boy.
>>
>>61863124
Good for you, anon. I'm sincerely happy for you.
>>
>>61863131
>implying reddit doesn't like him
Look at r/music right now
>>
I will mourn when my favorite musicians die, and I don't give a fuck about the last crop of dad rockers and shit heads who've been in the news lately.

When Dominick Fernow dies, I'll take the day off.
Same with Ye
>>
>>61863060
All the artists you mentioned are vocalists though? So they kinda need to employ instrument players.

I hate this "you're not a musician unless you can play an instrument" bullshit. Kendrick's just as much of a musician as any other rock band or whatever the fuck.
>>
>>61863124
he probably fucks that retardzion kid who parrots everything he says.
>>
>>61863084
holy fucking plebbit
>>
>>61863161
>Dominick Fernow dying
don't make me think about this :(
>>
>>61863107

Let's see, shall we millennial child?

Kendrick Lamar - BlackLivesMatter flavorofthemonth rapper with little musical talent outside of changing his voice to an annoying pitch

Snoop Doggy Dogg - Has not been seemingly relevant in years, very poor artistry, only known for being a goofball weed smoker

Beyonce - Pop star with little talent, very overrated by tween girls for her feminist BS

Jay-Z - Yet again, little substance, mostly braggadocious crap with little replay value, very uninteresting as a person and rapper, faux persona is awful, he's basically dead now too

Gaga - LOL... P-P-Poker face OMG SO ARTISTIC XD TUMBLR IS MY LIFEEEE

Get over yourself.

>>61863122

>implying nostalgia discredits my opinion even though many agree hmm.jpg

>>61863124

God isn't real. Get the fuck over it, you infant. Everyone is laughing at you behind your back when you walk into a building, they go "LOL ITS THAT CHRIST FAG HAHAHA. FUCKING LOSER. WHAT A KEK". Faggot.

>>61863131

Kanye West is awful. Not only as a persona but as a musician. He doesn't even make his own shit, it's all production that gets praise. His rapping is sub-par OMG MY POOR SELF BS.
>>
I will cry when Sufji dies. ;_;
>>
>>61863178
It's clear you're not a musician because the people listed are not just vocalists.

Musicians who actually play and study music definitely know more than the average retard (you). It's not bullshit when you come out saying stupid shit like that.

HURR DURR I DONT KNOW HOW TO READ BOOKS BUT LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT THIS ONE BOOK I NEVER READ. MY OPINION SHOULD MATTER EVEN THOUGH I CANT READ IT.
>>
>>61863207
he wasn't talking about those shitty artists, he was talking about the musicians that they take on tour with them for live instrumentation.
>>
File: thom_yorke_5.jpg (19 KB, 460x432) Image search: [Google]
thom_yorke_5.jpg
19 KB, 460x432
I'd be sad.
>>
>>61863207
>reading comprehension.

Holy shit you're retarded.
>>
>>61863207
No one should fall for this bait.
>>
>>61863246

Those artists suck too, especially considering I've only heard of Nick Smith. More Pitchcuck idiots.
>>
>>61862866
Again, people take what this dude says way too seriously. I don't think he's being totally serious, but he's right to an extent, there are no modern "legendary" artists like Bowie.
Also *tips fedora*
>>
>>61863207
>God isn't real. Get the fuck over it, you infant. Everyone is laughing at you behind your back when you walk into a building, they go "LOL ITS THAT CHRIST FAG HAHAHA. FUCKING LOSER. WHAT A KEK". Faggot.
gr8 b8
>>
>>61863207
this except that last bit desu
ye is a great producer, but that's about it
>>
>>61862866
he's a walking stereotype
>>
Zepplin blows. Ever since p4k gave tops reviews to those reissues people love to choke on their cock here now. They're not even as good as blues rock gets. Probably one of the more pretentious bands of their time. They're not as great of musicians as everybody claims and their mythos is corny, bloated trite that only somebody with the mind of a middle schooler thinks is "badass".
>>
>>61863294

>manson fan

>smokes weed

>hates new music

>neckbeard

>atheist

>hates tumblr and feminists
>>
>>61863260
Sorry dude but you literally know nothing. Chris Dave is a force to be reckoned with in the hip/hop and jazz world and is considered by MANY LIVING MASTERS to be a master and an innovator.
Royster comes the Bay Area along with literally hundreds of musicians his age that all came out of the Baptist church and were considered prodigies. See Thomas Pridgen, Ronald and Stephen Bruner, Kamsami Washingting, etc etc all people I've had the honor of working with. You literally know nothing. Go back to /b/
>>
>>61863313

>nobody knows who these fags are except hipster cucks with too much time on their hands

>mfw
>>
>>61863324
>doesn't know who plays what on which tracks
>doesn't actively support live music
>doesn't know a thing about jazz and who brought them up
>mfw

You're so out of the loop. You know each of them has Grammys/Grammy noms, oh but only hipsters know who they are right. Kek.
>>
File: thingsfallapart.jpg (344 KB, 1280x853) Image search: [Google]
thingsfallapart.jpg
344 KB, 1280x853
he's actually right but not in the way he thinks he is
>>
>>61863357

I don't have time to keep up with new music, but I know it sucks anyway
>>
>>61863392
aka I don't play music because it's too hard for me so I shitpost on /mu/ to make people think my opinions matter
>>
>>61862985
You're a good person, I hope good things happen to you
>>
>>61862866
This guy is bananas
>>
>>61862985
My dad lived through the 70s, he luckily didn't forget what was actually playing on the radio in 1972. Hint - it sure wasn't Led Zeppelin and Black Sabbath. Try Osmonds, Carpenters, BJ Thomas...

A lot of the Top 40 from that time has not survived and classic rock stations don't play it. For example, the Rolling Stones had a big radio hit with Angie but you never hear that song anymore.
>>
>>61863262
>there are no modern "legendary" artists like Bowie
I think this is because the extent of music is slowly but surely being uncovered

Bowie lived in the perfect time for music, where music moved very fast. And Bowie was great at discovering the Zeitgeist of each era and integrating himself into it and helping to shape it. Now it feels like music has stagnated in a way and there's no real *big* trend any more, like one you can assign to an entire decade.
I think for the legendary part, you have to be part of the development of music as a whole, and I can't see that happening any more, because there's not much more to develop.
>>
File: fdhsjffjhdskfg.gif (154 KB, 246x300) Image search: [Google]
fdhsjffjhdskfg.gif
154 KB, 246x300
>>61863392
>I don't have time to keep up with new music, but I know it sucks anyway
>>
File: 4L_1HkzW9j1.png (133 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
4L_1HkzW9j1.png
133 KB, 640x960
Youre welcome lori
>>
>>61863084
Good job, you triggered all the rapfags
>>
>>61863207
>>61863324
>>61863392

I don't understand how so many people in this thread are falling for such incredibly obvious bait.
>>
>>61863433
>I think for the legendary part, you have to be part of the development of music as a whole, and I can't see that happening any more, because there's not much more to develop

"There is no such thing as originality in music. After all, there are only 12 notes."

-- Keith Richards
>>
File: snowbunnies.jpg (23 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
snowbunnies.jpg
23 KB, 300x300
>>61863433
Niggers.

Niggers are the big trend.
>>
>>61863084
Spice girls, marky mark, nysnc, that other boyband.. they're all amazing. AOTY was a toss up in the 80's and 90's with so many amazing artists
>>
>>61862866
As people age upwards so too will "legendary" musicians. People like James Hetfield, Thurston Moore, Brian Eno, etc will cause the Reagan era folks/80s babies pain. Today's reality is that pop stars like Taylor Swift are the beloved icons who people hang posters of. Besides Billie Joe from Green Day I don't think many other rock stars that "millennials" know will get the reaction Bowie got. Possibly Chris Martin from Coldplay will be mourned heavily too. Pop rock flavor of the month like Imagine Dragoons won't.
>>
>>61863207
>God isn't real. Get the fuck over it, you infant

Which god isn't real? There's some thousands of named deities in recorded history.
>>
>>61863433
I'd disagree. I think there are niche generes right now that even if they don't particularly sell out stadiums for concerts they have an impact on the music that is made after and in that sense it's legendary to its listeners which people seem to always down play. There's always someone listening.
My example would be Tony Williams after his release of believe it. All of a sudden drummers started playing open sloshy hi hats and incorporating rock grooves if you will into music. Meshuggah gave rise to this whole djent generes from like 2003 on and that's exploded into all kinds of gnarly and shitty bands.
Idk if that made sense. I'm pretty baked right now.
>>
the only thing that went away was the brutal hegemony of the 70s, where rock was the only serious music allowed
that's the reason that in 2015 you are aware of (say) david bowie and unaware of (say) marva whitney

there is as much of not more good music released now in a year than there used to be but because the market is so fragmented the majors have stopped taking chances on good things and instead just release safe sellers

but this is obvious, aa is just b8ing and i'm an idiot for responding/10
>>
>>61863433
i feel kanye will still be remembered if he dies when hes like 70. not many other youngish "legends" though
>>
>>61863011
>/mu/ is the youngest board
>>
>>61863471
Incorrect. Outside of semitones, the ways in which you decorate time with these notes is literally infinite. Originally is still a thing. Go listen to Mike Mitchell's Wifi album. Band goes under the name Rache
>>
Kanye has a lot of people who hate him but he also his millions of fans who practically worship him. He is also one of the most critically acclaimed and best-selling and influential artists ever. You'd be crazy to think tons of people wouldn't mourn him when he goes.

Probably gonna be the same with Kendrick once he has a few more albums out.

Also Thom Yorke.
>>
File: dcs_002.jpg (37 KB, 484x648) Image search: [Google]
dcs_002.jpg
37 KB, 484x648
>>61863532
>the market is so fragmented the majors have stopped taking chances on good things and instead just release safe sellers

if only every retard shouting HOW COME THERE ISN'T ANOTHER BOWIE HUH HUH MODERN GOOD MUSIC STATUS: DEAD would get this inside their thick skull
>>
People forget as well that a lot of now-venerated artists were laughed at or criticized back in the day. You think the Rolling Stones were universally loved in 1969?

Black Sabbath weren't critically acclaimed or considered legends until the 80s. During the early 70s it was all like "Waddafug is this shit? Where's all the songs about cars and girls?"

It can sometimes take years before an artist's impact is realized.
>>
>>61863471
>Keith Richards
Kek
>>
>>61863471
is he really that deluded that he thinks msuic has to be made using the western scale or any note system? hes a professional musician and thinks that. any sound or silence is music. t
>>
>>61863576
Can vouch for it. My dad said a lot of people hated the Stones back then. They said why are these guys so big? They can't play for shit.
>>
>>61863637
Keith is a very, very uneducated man who doesn't know anything outside of Variations on Chuck Berry. Pay him no heed.
>>
>>61862929
All shoegaze other than MBV is pure shit and you're kidding yourself if you try to say otherwise.
>>
>>61863509
I think Metallica's status as future RRHOFers was pretty much guaranteed by 1992.
>>
>>61863676
i agree with that but the angelic process are cool
>>
>>61863532
>the only thing that went away was the brutal hegemony of the 70s, where rock was the only serious music allowed

It was all a conspiracy by radio stations and record labels anyway; starting with the Beatles, stations decided they were all going to play guitar music instead of jazz or whatever so the kids ate it up like Valiums. Being that there was no Internet back then, you had no choice but to listen to the guy banging on the guitar and drums.
>>
u r all dumb
rofl
idiots
>>
>>61862985
I bet you think you're smart but you are not

Yeah dude, that novelty pop hit in the 60s that everybody forgot is JUST as bad as mainstream music today holy shit dude you're smart
>>
>>61862956
>Only if she dies now. I doubt she will remain relevant well into her 60s like Bowie did. It will be a footnote at best "hey remember that hot popstar from the 2010s? Yeh she ded?"

It's debatable because I mean, the Osmonds had more #1 hits than anyone else in the 70s but who gives a fuck about them now?
>>
>>61863723
yeah they ran it like a racket
radio is actually worse now it's practically a monopoly, playlists are national now
>>
Can we ban all lerightgenerations please I don't want these type of people here
>>
>>61863760
>novelty pop hit in the 60s that everybody forgot is JUST as bad as mainstream music today

yeah trying to use the same definition of "bad" across different generations of music with very different mentalities behind them holy shit dude you're so smart
>>
>>61863509
>>61863509
Dave Grohl, Alex Turner, Josh Homme.
>>
>>61863796
>>61863723
People say that jazz simply became obsolete and was the pop music of the first half of the 20th century when in reality it was just because radio stations hitched onto the rock bandwagon.
>>
>>61863808
what are those people like in your head
>>
>>61863795
>hey music was on the same level back then as it is now *lists a bubblegum pop act*

You people are a fucking joke every time it's the same thing go back to your Reddit sub please

>>>r/lewronggeneration
>>
>>61863831
they were literally forced to play rock in a lot of cases, it was a bloodbath

basically removing talent and skill from the equation so they could control the market
>>
>>61863831
That's debatable because jazz had starting in the 50s devolved into pretentious fedora music that you could no longer dance or fuck to. If you consider the situation in 1965 when the Beatles broke, rock was in its infancy - Rock Around The Clock and Maybellene were only ten years earlier and there were probably at most a few hundred rock songs in existence back then.

Rock was new and exciting and had limitless untapped potential in the 60s. After 50 years, it's pretty well been mined out and so no longer relevant.
>>
>>61863832
Nobody likes you sal
>>
NAME A SINGLE POP ARTIST TODAY WHO MAKES AS GOOD MUSIC AS:

BRIAN WILSON
MCCARTNEY/LENNON/HARRISON
DAVID BOWIE
FREDDIE MERCURY

MODERN POP IS ABSOLUTE GARBAGE AND ANYONE WHO TRIES TO ARGUE OTHERWISE DOESN'T KNOW WHAT THE FUCK THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT.
>>
>>61863917
Anonymous
>>
>>61863895
I don't think jazz was mined out; if anything, jazz is a much more sophisticated form of music than rock. Rock at its core is 4/4 pop music you dance or fuck to (as you said).
>>
>>61863933

those four artists have never made an album above a 7/10

but to answer your question I'd say Joanna Newsom and/or Julia Holter. also early AnCo
>>
>>61863977
classic xus you're so irrelevant and on so many layers of irony
>>
>>61863990
But jazz at one time was just that. It was dirty, lowdown sex music that outraged old people. The moment that jazz started losing its 4/4 pop roots is when it got replaced by rock.
>>
>>61863895
it didn't take long for rock to start trying to replace jazz tho, with its own shit version of jazz (prog)
which they then used punk to invalidate
they do this any time someone starts getting a bit too creative
can't have the masses actually thinking about things now can we
>>
>>61864005
THEY AREN'T POP ARTISTS YOU FUCKING IDIOT
>>
>>61864005
How can somebody have such a shit taste
>>
>>61862952
hello reddit, how's contrarianism working out for you?
>>
Who even cares about musicians or other celebrities this much
>>
>>61862866
> amazingvirgin
who gives a shit about that pleb?
>>
>>61864005
Holy shit what am I reading
Fucking newsomefags
>>
>>61864014
Yeah I know about prog. And then disco started replacing rock as party music, the rockfags cried huge tears and butthurt, then punk came along.

Except punk is political music and you can't party to that.
>>
>>61864009
irony? i've never been more serious in my entire life.
>>
>>61864092
Nobody
>>
>>61864055
social media does care and were suckers in part of it
>>
>>61863131
Kanye West is "literally reddit: the artist".
>>
File: cover.jpg (104 KB, 953x953) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
104 KB, 953x953
>>61863933
Here's a solid 8/10 pop record.
>>
>>61862866
Isn't him a huge Marilyn Manson fanboy that even sperged at Fantano's comment section on his pale emperor review?
>>
>>61864105
we'll see about that.

>>61864125
LOL
>>
>>61862866
What an edgy manchild.
>>
>>61863895
Well, it's kind of like blues. Bluesfags whine why isn't there a Howlin' Wolf or BB King of today? The truth is, there's tons of great young artists performing at blues festivals/clubs, but the current fragmentation of pop culture means that you don't hear about them.
>>
BANANA
A
N
A
N
A
>>
>>61864138
yeah I'm sure brand new are so much better
>>
>>61864128
Him and Fantano are homeboys

Fantano spent time Sargon with Akkad in livestream chat
>>
>>61864142
And it doesn't sound like the Chicago blues of the 50s.
>>
File: BTFO.png (36 KB, 602x367) Image search: [Google]
BTFO.png
36 KB, 602x367
/mu/ BTFO by TJ
>>
>>61864175
why do you think me liking brand new counts as substantial dirt on me ? i don't deny that i like them you know.
>>
>>61864138
>LOL
It's no joke, friendo. People only hate on it because they expected a second TMAA. If you listen to it as a pop album you'd realize it's one of the best in recent memory.
>>
File: wom.png (96 KB, 242x209) Image search: [Google]
wom.png
96 KB, 242x209
>>61863933
>as mccartney
>as lennon
>>
>>61864210
lol his whole argument is 'i only ever listen to shit things therefore everything is shit'
>>
Nostalgia goggles is a little funny because my mom is a typical boomer who thinks country music=Waylon Jennings/Johnny Cash/George Jones and that the stuff since the 90s sux.

So I said to her "But don't you know why Waylon and Willie were called 'outlaw country'? It's because they rebelled against the Nashville Grand Ol Opry establishment. Once upon a time, people would have said that Johnny Cash wasn't real country because he didn't sound like Ernest Tubb."

Damn, you should have seen the look on her face. She had no answer for that.
>>
>>61863439
that was your first tweet lmao
>>
>>61864257
You fucking ownd your mom dude!!! Hahaha!!!

Seriously kill yourself
>>
>>61864257
is this really the type of person that comes here because I might stop
>>
File: Bantz.png (42 KB, 658x341) Image search: [Google]
Bantz.png
42 KB, 658x341
Good one, fantano
>>
>>61863207
>Let's see, shall we millenial child?
new meme surely
>>
>>61863207
This is just a great post, can't believe all the butthurt rapfags who are so convinced its bait.
>>
>>61864257
I actually like how the post-1980 country brought back good-time fun music. So much of the George Jones-era stuff was just depressing "I'm drinking my life away in a redneck bar in a redneck country and my wife cheated on me and...my dog got hit by a tractor trailer."
>>
I'll definitely be sad when a musician I like dies. Especially if they're still putting out good music when it happens. Even people like Taylor Swift will have people mourn her because she has a lot of fans. I doubt there will be someone on par with Bowie in this situation but there will still be smaller groups of mourners from fans.
>>
>>61864329
Cringe I hate fantano
>>
>>61864329
>tfw he's probably lurking this thread right now
>>
File: 1452408156444.jpg (72 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
1452408156444.jpg
72 KB, 960x960
>>61863207
well memed :^ )
>>
>>61864360
taylor swift sells a lot more records than bowie ever did

you just can't see it right now because you're not in her target market, it's easy to miss things nowadays
>>
File: Healthy.jpg (43 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Healthy.jpg
43 KB, 640x360
>>61864376
He might even be posting anonymously...
>>
>>61864413
Hi Anthony
>>
I picture lerightgeneration guys as some sort of madmen spouting things like "Tim Berne is better than John Coltrane" or "Sonic Youth can't hold a candle to Modest Mouse" incessantly with ther fingers stuck their ears
>>
>>61864329
This guy is such a faggot, has to take an onus to reply, because he reviews music? Just the fact that he even replied shows how no one takes him seriously. Except /mu/ drones who like him because he shows the charisma and confidence that they wish they had. He's still a fag though, so congrats for drooling over a charismatic retard.
>>
>>61864402
The Carpenters sold 10x the amount of records that Black Sabbath did but again, who cares about them, right?
>>
>>61864439
well you assumed i would have heard of them at least
and this is a thai lego forum
>>
I understand the sentiment behind the r/lewronggeneration, but why does it need a subreddit. Every post is the same, and it's really only funny when someone is a nostalgiafag over really stupid shit like Pink medicine.
>>
>>61864438
To be fair, he replied because they're pretty friendly with each other. Ant'nie's been on the Drunken Peasants a few times, and celebrated his birthday with them.
>>
>>61863207
>>61863227
Only when one is so sure of their opinions, may they ascend shit posting. I feel like after you self reflect on these posts and this thread, you probably won't post for awhile
>>
kek

look at amazing atheists new tweets
>>
>>61864485
Oh shit, didn't know there was a connection. Thought he was just replying randomly and I wondered what the point was. Makes sense now
>>
Also, just so you know, BeyondPhere is hot as shit and sends him pics all the time
>>
What about Bjork?
>>
>>61863084
>Ignorant post. Most 90's musicians were fantastic, 80's too. Nobody compares to Zeppelin, Bowie, Manson or Floyd. Come on.

Take for example the 80s. Does anyone still give a damn about Night Ranger, Cinderella, and Sheena Easton? No they don't even though those folk got loads of radio play back then.
>>
>>61864562

Yeah I met her at the DP meetup.

Dat azz
>>
>>61864515
lol hes really mad
>>
>>61863207
Jesus Christ so much autism in one post
>>
File: edge.jpg (54 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
edge.jpg
54 KB, 600x600
>>61862866

This man rubbed nutella all over his body, stuck a sharpie up his ass, and dipped his balls in hot oil all in one livestream to a troll he thought was a girl who might fuck him.

Don't post his shit anywhere.

As far as his opinion on todays music, he's obviously a pleb that's too lazy to find good modern music.
>>
>>61864626
This holy fuck he is just crying for attention.
>>
>>61864626
I thought it was a banana, not a sharpie. Unless that was a separate situation.
>>
>>61864439
the carpenters are better than your favorite band

>>61864464
they have worse tastes than most tumblr crossposters on here too there was a chart thread on one of the sister subreddits and it was hilarious
>>
>>61863676
Slowdive > MBV
You fucking pleb
>>
>>61864712
>Slowdive
3 songs in and I'm bored: the band
>>
lerightgenerations are a hundred times worse than 'lewronggenerations'
its so fucking obnoxious its just the same joke over and over and over "music started in 1910 hahhah get it" "I wish I was born in 1650 sigh why am I so much better than everybody"

you have to search for lewronggenerations but lerightgenerations are fucking everywhere and are obsessed with 11 year olds that post comments on youtube
>>
NMH was the last good band, prove me wrong
>>
pretty sure this guy stuck a banana in his asshole on webcam.
>>
>>61864669
theres a banana video and a hot oil one I think. maybe the sharpie is in the oil one idk.
>>
File: 1327858452257.png (386 KB, 308x453) Image search: [Google]
1327858452257.png
386 KB, 308x453
>>61863207
>>
>>61864749

Who gives a shit? He's a funny guy and quite intelligent and insightful at times. This is one of the only things I disagree with him on and even then I think he plays it up to piss off people.
>>
how can you discredit someone as a good 2000s musician because their albums were well produced

wouldn't that make their producers... good musicians?
>>
>>61864749
We know. They joke about it all of the time on Drunken Peasants. It's getting old.
>>
I actually agree. There's just indie rock, which is shit. Real rock is dead.
>>
>>61863573
>>61863563
I think Kanye will suffer the same fate as Joan Rivers.
He will say something completely deplorable right before it happens and nobody will think much past "meh"

But TJ is kinda right, it's already happening.
Andy Beirsack was diagnosed with Lung Cancer and people made jokes about it straight to his face a few times now, along with endlessly online.
Modern Musicians are not valued as much. be it because they don't plat "REEAL MOOSIK" or just because people don't care about them is a different question though.
>>
An example of The Amazing Atheists brilliant music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOAaia5HHDI
>>
>>61864833
>that's not to say andy shitsack isn't a worthless dickstain who deserves to be mocked and hated at his own death bed, fuck him.
>>
File: 1443328419920.jpg (12 KB, 540x296) Image search: [Google]
1443328419920.jpg
12 KB, 540x296
>>61863207
>>
>>61864785
>>61864808
kill yourself TJ
>>
>>61864896
read this in Scotty's voice.
>>
File: 1441247593287.png (755 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1441247593287.png
755 KB, 640x640
[Pre-Hook]
When I pull up on a nigga tell that nigga back, back
I'm too good with these words, watch a nigga backtrack
If I die, all I know is I'm a mothafuckin' legend
It's too late for my city, I'm the youngest nigga reppin

[Hook]
Oh my God, oh my God
If I die, I'm a legend
Oh my God, oh my God
If I die, I'm a legend

[Verse 1]
I'm up first, I'm on tour, got a girl, she from the South
Used to work, used to dance in Texas, now she clean the house
Everyday, I was strugglin' to learn what life's about
On my way, money taught me Spanish, make it andale
Way up north, packed in Honda cars
They 'on't know who we are
Fuck 'em all, they only pussy niggas shootin' at the star
Right or wrong, I'mma write my wrongs
They can't live this long
You don't know where you're gonna go
I got this shit mapped out strong

[Pre-Hook]
All I know, if I die, all I know is I'm a mothafuckin' legend

[Hook]
Oh my God, oh my God
If I die, I'm a legend
Oh my God, oh my God
If I die, I'm a legend

[Verse 2]
I'm the one, one
Why do I feel like the only one?
Why do I feel like you owe me one?
6 G-O-D, I'm the holy one
Yeaaah, you know wassup
They been off for a minute now
You know they all sentimental now
You know they all actin' different now
And I, I just can't pretend
Seen too much, it's so hard for me to let new people iLn
I can't change, this shit set in stone
They can't live this long
You don't know where you're gonna go
I got this shit mapped out strong

[Pre-Hook]
If I die, all I know is I'm a mothafuckin' legend

[Hook]
Oh my God, oh my God
If I die, I'm a legend
Oh my God, oh my God
If I die, I'm a legend
>>
>>61864808
hey amazingatheist, how are those bananas
>>
>>61864833
>Andy Beirsack was diagnosed with Lung Cancer and people made jokes about it straight to his face a few times now, along with endlessly online.

not excusing the people who mocked him, because that is p. shitty, but this is a terrible example. The guy is part of a band people openly mock non stop.

if bjork came down with cancer tomorrow you can bet your ass people would be devastated
>>
>>61862866
XDD THIS GENERATION SUX RIGHT GUYS?!@?!
>>
>>61864626
>and dipped his balls in hot oil
wait what
>>
>>61865083
>implying it doesn't

I sure love looking forward to next memeproducer or memerap album
>>
someone ask him what bands he likes
>>
>>61865118
He likes Marilyn Manson and Tom Waits.
>>
>>61864823
>Real rock is dead

Not true. There's tons of great bands playing in local scenes/clubs, but record labels don't want to sign rock groups anymore, one reason being that it takes time to develop a band and you can't get the immediate, quick money you do with pop stars.

Most rock groups peak in their late 20s (the magic 27) while a pop star can be spinning platinum records before the age of 20 like Britney did.
>>
i will mourn when all my favorite musicians die
>>
>a dude from Eagles died
>no one cared
>>
>>61863011
>this board is the youngest on here
>not /v/
>>
>>61864883
this music
this video

is suburbia incarnate
>>
>>61865188
I know. Dee Snider called Jew Simmons out on his shit when he was going into a tirade about how rock is dead and illegal downloading blah blah blah. He said "My esteemed colleague Gene Simmons has said that there's no good rock anymore. I disagree. You can go in any club in America and find lots of great, fresh, exciting, talented young kids in bands. If anything is dead, it's the tyranny of the old music distribution system."
>>
>>61865309
;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOi3HcvKvbQ
>>
>>61865309
>Dee Snider
Based fucking Dee Snider
>>
>>61864329
I kind of forgive him now for being a faggot.
>>
>>61865309
Yeah I never understood Simmons's beef with Napster. Kiss were always about live shows; they never sold that many albums.
>>
File: image.jpg (55 KB, 640x437) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55 KB, 640x437
>>61862866
Here's The Amazing Atheist reacting to someone who said that indie music is actually much better.
>>
>>61864190
>>61864142
Boomers have held a grip on pop culture for so long that we were all told that only 50s-60s electric blues was the real stuff even though back then, they were criticized for not sounding like the old-time acoustic blues like Leadbelly.

Luckily they're getting old and gradually losing their mind control power over us.
>>
>>61865487
Simmons has always been a scum to everyone know this mess
>>
>>61865161
nah i mean ask him on twitter
just get it out there what his benchmark is
>>
I think Indie stuff has been getting more popular, so more pretentious assholes are getting attention. My local scene is full of that stuff, so I guess I'm biased or something. I wish someone would just invent a new genre.
>>
File: apple.png (121 KB, 304x395) Image search: [Google]
apple.png
121 KB, 304x395
>>
>>61865612
Well...all music reflects the zeitgeist of its time. Leadbelly and Robert Johnson reflected life in the Jim Crow/Depression/New Deal-era South while the 50s guys like Howlin' Wolf represented the more urbanized postwar culture.

And I should state that HW, Muddy, and friends got bit because of the good luck that their music was a major ingredient in rock and all the white hippie kids got into them.
>>
>>61862956
>Only one I can imagine having a huge worldwide mourning spree will be Dave Grohl, because Nirvana
How about
>Eminem
>Britney Spears
>Bjork
>Lady Gaga
>Jack White
>>
>>61865751
twisted f*cking psychopath
>>
>>61862866
literally the world's worst human being with the world's worst opinions
>>
>>61862866
no one will miss the autistic pretentious faggot that shoved a banana up his ass
>>
>>61865604
If only they could be tough, hard men like Marilyn Manson
>>
>>61865822
http://www.xvideos.com/video4214962/amazing_atheist
>>
>>61864626
Yo hold up, you got proof of this?
>>
>>61865814
>Eminem
It will be discussed a bit, I doubt it will be anything over the top considering there's still a lot of resistance towards hip-hop

>Britney Spears
She's completely irrelevant right now and she will only fade more and more into obscurity until she croaks. Most people remember her by her 2007 Meltdown

>Bjork
No mainstream appeal

>Lady Gaga
She completely faded away since ARTPOP, what is she even doing right now? Who knows. Unless she has a big return I don't her death in ~50 years being big news

>Jack White
If he was born a few decades earlier he could've easily become one of the big names.
>>
>>61865897
A billion years worth of kek
>>
>>61865974
Gaga recently acted in American Horror Story and won a golden globe.
And a lot of people are gonna cry over Eminem. A LOT of people.
>>
>>61866182
>And a lot of people are gonna cry over Eminem. A LOT of people

The guy taught an entire generation of kids how to use four letter words. That's gotta be worth something.
>>
>>61866182
So Gaga is crossing over to become an actress?

Smart move, she wouldn't be able to sustain popularity as a musician, but being an actress will probably make her relevant until she dies. Well played
>>
>>61865897
It's so fucking small. I feel really sorry for people with teeny weewee's because they literally cannot control it. Fucking genetics mang
>>
>>61866182

Eminem is awful.
>>
>>61865897

how is it possible to have a dick that small
>>
>>61865811

Eminem won't die tho
>>
>>61866619
His dick probably saw the boiling oil and tried to turn into a vagina to avoid getting dipped in it desu
>>
>>61866685

I don't get why he'd want to put that hot stuff on his wang... makes me cringe. That'd hurt so much! He must be insane.
>>
>>61862880
i like the white guy from death grips, not the one on the drums, the talented one
>>
>>61866509
That's irrelevant, what i'm saying is that he has a lot of fans.
>>
>>61865897
I really don't want to ruin my day by opening this but I have to know if it's real..

>>61864626
and whats this about someone posing as a girl to troll him?

>>61865309
dee is just great.
>>
>>61866703
Fetishists don't need a reason to do weird shit like that. I don't think what he did even comes close to some shit I've seen by lurking on 4chan too much and being friend with /b/tards
>>
>>61862866
Imagine being such a huge pleb that you actually end up believing this.
>>
>>61867112
This
>>
>>61863509
this is probably true for rockstars but definitely not for a lot of rappers and stuff
>>
Thom Yorke
>>
>>61863576
>Death Grips
>>
>>61863207
new pasta saved :^)
>>
>>61865974
>>Bjork
>No mainstream appeal

Millennials everyone
>>
File: 1357353609505.jpg (74 KB, 283x357) Image search: [Google]
1357353609505.jpg
74 KB, 283x357
>>61862956
>Animal Collective has a very small following outside the internet.
>>
>>61862966
SHOW ME A CHILD
>>
>>61862929
le wrong generation amirite guiz?
>>
>>61863084
underage detected
>>
>>61863687
>RRHOF
You know no one gives a damn about the hall of fame, right?
>>
>>61863207
>>61864344
>>61863288
>>61864344
Leave, children
>>
>>61867112
underrated post
>>
>>61862866
at least its not as cringe as that idiot repzion's video about modern music
>>
File: advanceautism.jpg (42 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
advanceautism.jpg
42 KB, 400x400
>>61863207
>>
>>61862956
>Animal Collective has a very small following outside the internet.

it's like if you just found out about AnCo

Faggot anon, they're p big
>>
>>61867112
T H I S
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 26

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.