[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rate
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 1485x950) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 1485x950
Is my music taste shitty?
>>
>>61843676
Your taste is as good as your editing skills
>>
>>61843676
Well, billy, it seems as though you haven't been listening to music that long. Your taste isn't 'pleb' per se, it's just not very unique or refined.
>>
>>61843762
Maybe even worse
>>
>>61843676
youve browsed /mu/ for about a month, correct?
>>
>>61843782
>unique = refined
I really don't see how a chart that has obscure yet mediocre records is in any way refined.
>>
>>61843676
The fact that you went to pain staking lengths to individually post all those albums in an editor is sad to me

>Tyler the creator
>Sgt. pepper's twice
>panic
>m83
>the game
>arctic monkeys
>foster the people
>mgmt
>eminem

i can't even name all the things wrong with this
>>
>>61843676
it's not unique but it's good, also who gives a fuck, but thank u for recognizing how good autumn eternal is
>>
>>61843876
>m83
>mgmt
not OP. These two are at least alright imo
>>
>>61843876
I don't see what's wrong with MGMT but ok
>>
You guys do realize this is a bait right?
>>
>>61843866
>obscure = bad
baka you butt mncher. you have the taste of your run of the mill p4k / fantano drone. listen expand you tastes listen to something not defined as "indie" or "hip hop" for once in your pathetc life
>>
>>61843676
>This is the kind of people that go to /mu/
So we reddit now?
>>
>>61843676
Like some other people have said, your taste looks overall fine, just not very unique. That's totally fine but your chart definitely has room for expansion into other genres. Check out some of the artists who influenced your favorites, you'll probably find a lot that you like. IMO you should explore the UK dance scene and post-punk, try Four Tet and Gang of Four, see if you like them
>>
>>61843676
Also might be a good idea to start with first wave alt, beginner alt is stuff like the strokes, the pixies, maybe even listen to the shins.
>>
>>61843676
All taste is bad
>>
Pretty basic desu senpai
>>
>>61843676
if this is not b8, check out Grizzly Bear, Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust, Funeral, D'Angelo, Flaming Lips, Acid Rap, Hissing Fauna, Illinois, and Like Clockwork

Also, use topsters.com
>>
Alright I'll be sure to check out the recommendations
>>
>>61844308
i meant topsters.net actually
>>
>>61843676
>browses r/music once
>>
>>61844407
/r/music is way, way worse than OP's taste
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.