[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I first heard this 7 years ago, and I've tried to get into
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: slint.jpg (18 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
slint.jpg
18 KB, 300x300
I first heard this 7 years ago, and I've tried to get into about two times a year since, and I just now "got" it. This is really good. Where do I go from here?
>>
>>61777019
Listen to "to be kind" by Swans, I guess.
>>
>>61777071
wasn't a fan of that one. I'd prefer something like this, with like, freak folk influence
>>
>>61777019
Young Team - Mogwai is a good post-rock album with some post-hardcore influences
>>
>>61777019

The For Carnation's entire discography, Tortoise's first record, Papa M/Aerial M/Pajo (Live From a Shark's Cage, Aerial M, Whatever, Mortal, Pajo, 1968), Breeder's Pod, maybe June of 44 and Doug Scharin's other work (similar drumming to Walford), Tortoise's second and third albums, Slint's first album and EP, Gastr del Sol, Soul Static Sound records... that Louisville-Chicago posthardcore/postrock hookup is insane in the 90s
>>
Rusty by Rodan
>>
>>61777126
part of the reason this interests me so much is that I live in chicago half the year and louisville the other half
>>
>>61777283

If you follow the trails of David Pajo, David Grubbs, Jim O'Rourke, Doug Scharin, and John McEntire, and investigate the groups they've collaborated and were associated with, particularly in the '90s, you'll discover a lot of great music, mostly from those two cities
>>
Cerberus Shoal my guy
>>
>>61777094
cerberus shoal
>>
>>61777019

I was literally about to start a similar thread.
>>
A Minor Forest - Flemish Altruism
It's the same Math rock/post-rock style as Slint.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.