[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'd really like to get into Scott Walker. Where should I start?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (399 KB, 1400x1400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
399 KB, 1400x1400
I'd really like to get into Scott Walker. Where should I start?
>>
Scott (1967)
>>
>>61766120
his first like you would any other artist
>>
>>61766120
i dont know if it's the best place to start, but there's a really incredible documentary on him that will give you a great understanding of his body of work called 30th Century Man.
>>
>>61766237
>>61766289
>>61766319
all these are right. most of his first two lbums are covers and they're okay but if you wanna start with something solid start with Scott 3 and go chronologically from there.

don't forget to check out the Walker Brothers' Nite Flights, it's got some of Scott's best songs on there. it also marks his transition into darker music.
>>
In Scott's case it probably would be best to start with his first album and go from there. Check out the early singles from The Walker Brothers as well. The only really unnecessary Scott albums are the one he did in the 70's (excluding Nite Flights and half of Til the Band Comes In). They were basically done for no reason other than money/contractual obligations.

You're gonna go on quite a ride.
>>
File: R-1211106-1201212736.jpeg.jpg (11 KB, 168x300) Image search: [Google]
R-1211106-1201212736.jpeg.jpg
11 KB, 168x300
>>61766437
I actually forgot I had this on mediafire. It's a five disc compilation of Scott's work from The Walker Brothers up to his album Tilt. It's a solid introduction as well.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/6p2kz1s6dlfok02/I5EP.rar
>>
It's great to go through his discography chronologically and see him develop.

(personal power ranking:)

Bish Bosch > The Drift > Scott 3 > Tilt > Climate of Hunter > Scott 1 > Scott 4 > Scott 2
>>
Chronologically. You need to listen to his early stuff first to understand just how much a change he took.

Scott 1/2/3/4 -> Nite Flights -> Climate of Hunter -> Tilt/The Drift/Bisch Bosch

"The Electrician" from Nite Flights is the turning point in his career.
>>
>gf says "play some music or something while knit"
>eventually I get to scotts songs from Nite Flights
>"is this man melting?"
huh, i guess if that was your introduction to scott walker you be kinda baffled. I think the objectively correct answer is the julian cope compilation (circa 1981):
Fire Escape in the Sky: The Godlike Genius of Scott Walker

bear in mind this compilation was always the patricians introduction to scott walker anyway. his solo career up until then was largely overlooked, the average music listener would have thought his music was marketed and produced for old women.
>>
>>61766120
hell be fine
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.