[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Upcoming shows thread? Who are you seeing soon? Is anyone going
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 2
File: 1448933887207.jpg (179 KB, 404x521) Image search: [Google]
1448933887207.jpg
179 KB, 404x521
Upcoming shows thread? Who are you seeing soon?

Is anyone going to see Godspeed you black emperor in Australia? Only shows foe Melbourn, Sydney and Adelaide. Really bugs me but would it be worth the travel?
>>
GYBE at the end of the month. Gonna go to both nights. Super fucking stoked.
>>
I'm seeing them in San Fransisco
Before that I'm seeing Car Seat Headrest
Then Animal Collective in March.
GY!BE shoes are definitely worth it.
>>
napalm death/melvins/melt banana

although I should be isolating myself from the world
>>
>>61755585
Ayy, Seattle?

I've never been to a Godspeed show. What's the atmosphere like? Is there cool merch?
>>
File: 1423_louis_wain-540x700.jpg (63 KB, 540x700) Image search: [Google]
1423_louis_wain-540x700.jpg
63 KB, 540x700
Probably Joanna Newsom in March.
I hope more neat people come to my town this year but if not I can always check out what Seattle is doing.
>>
>>61755677
Portland.
I have only seen them at a festival previously. March is minimal. Some vinyl and a t shirt. Atmosphere is 11/10 though.
I did enjoy ASMZ live more tho desu. That's cause the atmosphere was much more intimate.
>>
>>61755726
>Portland
https://smokeringspdx.bandcamp.com/

familiar?
>>
>>61755726
As long as the shirt actually looks good, then I'm stoked. I hate going to a show and having the merch look like something I'd never wear. I love the Allelujah shirt, but it's impossible to get now.
>tfw Sufjan merchandise was cancerous faux-80s crap
>>
>>61755612
yee see you at anco in oakland
>>
>Upcoming
1/28 - Yo La Tengo
2/10 - Protomartyr / Priests
2/25 - Hop Along
2/27 - Julia Holter / Circuit Des Yeux
2/29 - Beach House
3/19-20 - Titus Andronicus / Craig Finn
6/2-5 - Nelsonville Music Festival
6/9-12 - Bonnaroo

>Maybe
2/8 - Ezra Furman
3/5 - The Ocean
3/11 - Craw
3/12 - Emily Wells
3/23 - Magma
4/3 - Crown Larks
4/7 - Quilt
5/1 - Eleanor Friedberger
>>
Really want to go to the Sydney one. Would they play stuff from all albums?
>>
>>61755896
>Maybe
>3/11 - Craw
>3/23 - Magma

Those would be a huge yes for me although I only know some of their stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9DVSBIrlGk
>>
>>61755950
I'm almost definitely going to those two. The Magma show just got announced and I've never really listened to them much but I dig what I've heard.
>>
>>61755881
come to these other shows too senpai!
>>
>>61756017
oh shit is Bloodiest opening for Craw?

https://bloodiestband.bandcamp.com/album/bloodiest
>>
Just did my start of the semester ticket buying binge. Based on what's announced,

Second line for David Bowie with the Preservation Hall band and Arcade fire on Saturday
Dungen
Unknown Mortal Orchestra
Titus Andronicus
Melvins or They Might Be Giants, this is my tough call to make
Buku Fest with Earl Sweatshirt, Miike Snow, CHVRCHES, Pretty Lights, Cheshire Cat, Griz (Weakest lineup I've seen)
Thinking about going to Ty Segall
>>
>>61756217
Unfortunately no, they're playing 2 different venues. I gotta go with Craw though because who knows if they'll ever tour again after this.
>>
>>61756358
aw fuck oh well

absolutely thats the right choice though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jckMH7XM8HA
>>
>>61756313
>Melvins or They Might Be Giants, this is my tough call to make
I fucking hate the newest melvins from last year if that helps. About half of Glean was ok but thats all I've heard from them recently.
>>
Melvins
Melt Banana

Hoping to christ i get to see ty segall depends on work schedule.

I basically have to wait till summer to see any shows because school and work take up literally all my time
>>
>>61756429
to be honest I've never listened to them, I just know they're supposed to be hugely influential to all these genres and bands, so it'd be cool to see. Where should I start with em?
>>
>>61756475
the beginning
>>
>>61756430
>Melt Banana
and if you're particularly interested in evolution and influence

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2F_JF7mIxw
Recorded in Edinburgh 17/18 September '88
>>
>>61756496
fair enough
>>
FUTURE IN MARCH BRUH
PO DAT BUBBLAY
PO DAT BUBBLAY
PO DAT BUBBLAY
>>
>>61755556
where are you OP?
>>
I'm seeing Sufjan in March. Anyone seen the Carrie and Lowell tour yet?
>>
the last two shows at my favorite space ever because their shitbag landlord is evicting them to build condos

fuck RISD/Brown grad yuppies and fuck gentrification
>>
>>61758886
>fuck gentrification
what are you some kinda commie?
>>
>>61756429
they only play the few good songs from it, the rest is classix

>>61756475
start with Houdini, then Bullhead, Lysol, Gluey Porch Treatments, the rest
>>
>>61758912
no I just hate stupid trust fund Ivy legacy assholes who come here for the """creative capitol""" and then encourage/actively participate in the destruction of our art and music community
>>
>>61756313
I saw Ty segal when he came to. Australia. Was fucking awsome.
>>
>>61758794
Brisbane :/
>>
Courtney barnett tomorrow night with cloud control. Super keen, seen cc before but never seen barnett. Should be good

gooch palms and viet cong later this month, maybe thee oh sees too
>>
>>61759435
I think cloud control is one of the worst bands around today. Barnett is cool though.
>>
>>61759472
no way dude, their first album is a modern pop masterpiece. Their live show is full of smiles too :)
>>
>>61758850
you in aus?
>>
>>61759503
it's festival indie, triple-j core with no redeemable qualities. Some of their songs are insufferable.
>>
>>61759539
not the same guy, but they're as much jjj-core as courtney barnett is
>>
>>61759528
yeah Brisbane

>>61759555
being on triple-j doesn't make a band automatically bad but it still means it probably sticks to a particular sound.
>>
>>61759539
thats such a low level criticism of music, to call it triple j core lol. Its good festival music because its fun to sing and get high to. I can understand that it doesnt have depths of a lot of other music, but you can still enjoy fun music every now and then.

Still barnett will be dope. Apparently she puts on a high energy show
>>
Going to see Godspeed in Oakland
>>
>>61759378
iktf, I'm from Perth and there's no Godspeed or Sunn O))) shows here either, despite the tour promoter for the Sunn O))) tour being Perth based
At least you guys get Viet Cong, still considering flying over east at the end of January just to see them
>>
>>61759575
I don't care that it's indie pop. I'm just saying it's bad indie pop.
>>
>>61759435
>Gooch Palms

Be prepared for full frontal male nudity t bh.
>>
>>61759669
ja seen them before, fucking fun. the dude just smashes out one chord noise
>>
>>61759574
ah sweet, seeing him in perth and pretty stoked.
>>
>>61759619
Absolutely gutted. Probably up there with my favourite band/musician. Gybe at what got me taking guitar seriously and starting a band.
>>
also seeing FIDLAR + chvches (DJ) and the internet(DJ) at oxford arts in feb
>>
I'm going to levitation festival is Austin. The hype is so fucking real.

Off the top of my head:
-Brian Wilson (performing pet sounds)
-Flying Lotus
-Nicolas Jaar
-Animal Collective
-La Luz
-Shabazz palaces
-The Black Angels
-Parquet Chords
-Sun O))
-Brian Jonestown massacre
-Slowdive
This is just off the top of my head. The lineup is absolutely absurd.
>>
>>61760244
Never being able to experience festivals like this in Australia :( like.. You could literally be at any stage any time and you'd be given something great, and if not, at least original.
>>
>>61760244
I still don't understand why they booked Sunn O))) to the festival, like seriously AnCo Slowdive & Sunn O))) don't really fit together.
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.