[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Present a musician who transformed you as a person.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 7
File: euronymous.jpg (106 KB, 589x720) Image search: [Google]
euronymous.jpg
106 KB, 589x720
>>
File: the-fall-mark-e-smith.jpg (58 KB, 570x385) Image search: [Google]
the-fall-mark-e-smith.jpg
58 KB, 570x385
euronymous was a pretty fascinating guy, i wonder what he would have become if vikernes didn't do what he did
>>
>>61655308
thx
>>
>>61655337
np bae
you were always my favorite black circle member
>>
File: marklinkous.jpg (6 KB, 290x174) Image search: [Google]
marklinkous.jpg
6 KB, 290x174
>>
https://soundcloud.com/mattikar
>electronic
>>
>>61656411
woops wrong thread
>>
>>61654185
why op
the guys an asshole
>>
>>
File: giphy.gif (1005 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
1005 KB, 500x375
GG all-in. Rest in piss you ugly bastard
>>
>>61656514
Allin fuck auto correct
>>
>>
>>61654185
Out of curiousity, why?
>>
>>61655308
Dude was a walking gimmick and Mysteriis dom sathanas wasnt even very good
>>
>>61656459
>>61656671
>>61656711
True. He was an asshole, and musically he wasn't even that good, but I somehow feel unavoidably attracted to how much passion he put into his creative efforts.

He took his work extremely seriously. He was the kind of maquiavelian/evil, manipulative genius most historical leaders have been (to later get severely critized for it, just like all of them). People feared him. He imposed his beliefs on those around him. Almost like a musical dictator of some kind. He basically pulled a whole artistic world out of his ass, and wanted people to obey to his visionary persona.

He influenced (and basically started) the whole early Norwegian black metal scene, undoubtedly the most influential and relevant movement of the genre, making bands like Darkthrone change their styles completely (from death metal on early releases to pure black once they met him), and he stayed true until his death. Yes, he
>was a walking gimmick
but an incredibly creative/influential one at that, and I hate to see how people don't even appreciate what he brought to the table anymore just because of how much of a meme internet has made out of him.

>Mysteriis dom sathanas wasnt even very good
Allow me to disagree, but while I think it is great, Euro's masterpiece was definitely Deathcrush. I bought a copy of the 1993 DSP edition on one of my trips to Oslo at the shop which currently stands where his old 'Helvete' used to be at, so I'm probably biased by a certain degree of immature nostalgia, but believe it isn't voluntary, but probably still deserved. Cheers.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.