[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>implying Kendrick is that much better than Earl Sweatshirt
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: ken.jpg (156 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
ken.jpg
156 KB, 1366x768
>implying Kendrick is that much better than Earl Sweatshirt

not putting down Kendrick at all but so many people put him on a pedestal after TPAB just because of the content of the lyrics

there's not much he does in particular that's all that much better than someone like Earl, Vince Staples, or Danny Brown, so why all the hype for Kendrick, what am I not getting?
>>
>>61643668
his music is ~*topical*~ and ~*important*~
>>
He can put a hell of an album together and has talented people backing him

You think TPAB would've happened without the live jazz/funk performers jumping in on the Kendrick hype? No. Earl doesn't have that.
>>
He does everything a rapper can do right while maintaining a mainstream appeal

Not my favorite but definitely up there for me, and he's definitely the most prolific rapper of the current times, comparable to Eminem
>>
>just because of the content of the lyrics

Because the lyrics actually matter, you dolt. For the better part of his career Earl has been rapping about fucking nothing.

Kendrick has also displayed a broader range than Earl, many times.
>>
Jonathan Mathis is just as good as Earl and Kendrick combined but he gets shit on for "viralling" which is bullshit because anyone who supports him is automatically him. He raps like Earl but made a concept as good as Kendrick did. /mu/ is awful. This wouldn't have bothered me before and it didn't but now that I've actually listened to Angry Kid I feel that he's a top tier rap artist and deserves that reputation.
>>
>>61643796
I listened to Angry Kid at the start of all the meme bullshit before I realized it was a meme. In no way is it up there with Kendrick or Earl, the album wasn't complete shit but it wasn't good either.
>>
>>61644167
It's not a meme and I disagree. Give it another listen.
>>
>>61644216
It was posted constantly and people were saying it was one of the greatest rap albums ever, that pretty much made it a meme. I listened to it twice and theres nothing there worth listening to once let alone a second time.
>>
>>61644275
I respect your opinion. I genuinely feel it was better than TPAB or anything else out of 2015 and an amazing debut. However I can relate to a lot of the themes on Angry Kid. It isn't a meme either people said it because its true. At least its true for me.
>>
David Bowie is dead and all you can post about is a couple of rhyming chimps?
>>
>>61644428
Were you around when people were posting it? They weren't saying it cause it was true they were trying to shit-post, some people would have taken it seriously though by the looks of it.
>>
>>61644525
I was. I ignored it for months but I love it now and each time I hear it I love it more and more. Each time I hear someone call it viralling I hate /mu/ more and more. You didn't do that you just dont like it which im cool with. Yes some people probably but at this point its not a meme. Its just that good. Lots of people feel that way it's just not "that many" like theyre there just never too many at once. Sometimes there are discussions on it but its kinda rare.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.