[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Considering Floridada, This album is going to be good imo ~
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 1
Considering Floridada,
This album is going to be good imo ~
>>
Considering Anco,
This album is going to be shit imo ~
>>
>>61622278
Well i love anco, and it's kind of offensive you call a band i like in such a way. you can express the fact you dislike them in a more respectful way
>>
agree
>>
>>61622311
Considering your post does not discuss AnCo or even music, you are going to get banned.
>>
>>61622331
My bans gonna pass desu,
You being a fag won't ~

Animal Collective is shit btw.
>>
>>61622345
Well done anon, you truly showed me. with this post, you showed everyone on /mu/ that you are a thoughtful person that posts contributional posts.

Now, i was being cynical just to help you see how ridiculous is the way you behave. the fact you swear and talk like that does not say anything about me, but only things about you. and those are not positive things.

Just be friendly and nice anon, it's really easy, and also feels good. you could also express the fact you dislike anco in a more respectful way, it's not hard.
>>
>>61622397
i aint gonna read that shit desu
>>
>>61622290
Well I dislike AnCo, and I don't think they write good music. Their psychedelic and "child-at-heart" aesthetic is vapid and has no effect on me.
>>
>>61622397
>>>>>>>>>r/4chan
>>
>>61622440
Well i think it's a charming aesthetic. anco's music can make me feel really nice and warm inside ~
>>
>>61622440
what aesthetic would you prefer they have

dark, brooding post punk men?
>>
>>61622572
I would prefer if they wrote good music to begin with. Then even their aesthetic I could tolerate.
>>
>>61622584
See: Their discography
>>
>>61622584
Which Anco albums have you heard anon?

I think anco has excellent songwriting and aesthetics personally, but i respect your opinion anon, not everyone like the same things ~
>>
>>61622631
MPP and Centipede Hz
and various songs from their other albums

to be honest, i think they have a few good melodies off MPP, and the first song off spirit theyve gone theyve vanished is pretty interesting. but i just can't stand the relentless psydelic overload
>>
>>61622668
Well if you want to give them another chance, i recommend STGSTV (since you already said you thought the first song of it is interesting),

and also Feels if you think this song is good:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxm2qTId7zg
>>
>>61622668
you're fucking underage and it's obvious
>>
>>61622740
???

He did nothing wrong anon
>>
>>61622251
dubs and this is going to be their best album yet.
>>
>>61622728
aight man thanks

>>61622740
I'm not, and why do you care? Stop being so mad over an opinion.
>>
>>61622750
>>61622754
believe that if you want to
>>
>>61622750
Forming and broadcasting an opinion on AnCo after only hearing MPP and CHz is retarded.
>>
>>61622728
>bees

worst song on feels you fucking pleb
>>
>>61622791
Do you form an opinion about an artist only after hearing all of their discography?

He gave the music of AnCo a fair try imo, he did alright.

>>61622797
I think it's one of the best ~
opinions :v
>>
>>61622791
I haven't given their whole discography a chance, but considering that MPP was such a critical success I would assume that building a general opinion of their style of music on their so-called "masterpiece" would be somewhat valid.
>>
>>61622810
Did You See The Words, The Purple Bottle and Grass are the best 3 on feels

Did you see the words is one of the best songs AnCo have written behind Alvin Row and Winters Love
>>
>>61622810
To form - and worse yet, voice - such a dismissive opinion on such a minor understanding of the artist's music is stupid.
>>
>>61622418
you shouldn't read it. It felt bad in my head
>>
>>61622848
So what is my "minor understanding" missing? Are you saying that the rest of their albums aren't psydelic overload, or reminiscent of that aesthetic?
>>
>>61622892
Consensus among most AnCo fans is that CHz is way too busy with sound effects and is a generally unappealing aesthetic. Songwriting is also below par.

Each of their albums has a different aesthetic. You're missing a significant amount of knowledge of their music or even what their appeal is supposed to be.
>>
>>61622930
Out of curiosity, how you would describe the difference in aesthetic between Strawberry Jam and MPP?
>>
>>61622830
I used to agree with you, but now I love the section of the quieter tracks in the middle. Daffy Duck is beyond beautiful
>>
>>61622848
Did you listen to every single Merzbow album before having an opinion about merzbow?

>>61622812
The placing of AnCo albums in the rym chart of best albums of all time:

Merriweather Post Pavilion - #436 overall
Strawberry Jam - #701 overall
Feels - #1,203 overall
STGSTV - #1,560 overall
Sung Tongs - #2,945 overall

So yes MPP is their most popular album, but they have other highly acclaimed albums in their career
>>
>>61622944
not them, but Strawberry Jam is more abrasive, features more obvious "rock" characteristics like live drums and guitar. It's more down-to-earth and while it is still pop-leaning, its probably a more challenging listen than MPP.

There is still an emphasis on using delay-soaked guitars for atmosphere like in the previous album "Feels", a technique dropped almost entirely in MPP.

tl;dr it's harsher but dancier
>>
>>61622944
MPP and Strawberry jam are quite similar, MPP is more pop-ish though.

But if you look at Sung Tongs or STGSTV for example, those are very different albums. Sung Tongs has alot of folk in it and STGSTV is much more noise influenced
>>
>>61622930
>>61622974
Yeah it's basically less atmospheric. Doesn't have the lushness of MPP and it's a bit weirder.
>>
>>61623011
>Doesn't have the lushness of MPP
idk, I feel it doesn't have the same dreamy haze of MPP, but songs like Reverend Green and 1# are heady as fuck
>>
The Burglars will be the best track on this album. Calling it now. That and Vertical.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.