[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bleach >raw as fuck, cheap sound >childish lyrics >some
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1
File: MI0003221759.jpg (23 KB, 400x268) Image search: [Google]
MI0003221759.jpg
23 KB, 400x268
Bleach
>raw as fuck, cheap sound
>childish lyrics
>some filler here and there

Nevermind
>abstract lyrics, pieces of poetry Kurt had written through his life
>high production and smooth sound, the least "Nirvana" album
>influential as fuck, 90's as fuck
>no filler
>endless nameless is perfection

In Utero
>Nirvana as fuck, noisy, their most punk album
>lyrics have a more direct message, but very little surprises
>the same fucking song structure overall
>very few highlights

stop hating Nevermind because it's popular, it's their best
>>
>>61606344
the production on nevermind is atrocious
>>
>>61606344
no punk band should have nevermind's production, it sounds too polished and ruins the sound they were going for

>no filler
stay away could be considered filler, as is on a plain for it's nonsense lyrics
>>
>>61606760
>stay away could be considered filler
I used to not like that song, but the scream at the end and the bass sections make it enough of a song for me

>as is on a plain for it's nonsense lyrics
Bullshit reason to call a song filler
>>
>>61606368
I don't fully agree with this, but the drums do sound like fucking garbage. I know Butch invented the whole "gated-drums" sound, but it does not work for loud rock drum playing.
>>
>>61606859
>Bullshit reason
but a reason nonetheless, its not that good compared to the rest of the album

in utero is by far better composed than nevermind, even kurt thought so
>>
>>61606951
I disagree it's one of the better songs on the album, although they're all pretty consistently quality. Don't know why you brought up In Utero.
>>
>calls production of nevermind shit
>says it's too polished
isn't that a contradiction?
>>
>>61606344
Your best argument seems to be that Bleach has childish lyrics, filler and cheap production.

Bleach's lyrics are no more or less childish than Nevermind. Both are made up of "abstract lyrics, pieces of poetry Kurt had written through his life".

The raw production of Bleach is half the charm and much better than the slick 90s (honestly even late 80s) sound of Nevermind. And filler? On Bleach? Where? There's nothing as dull as Stay Away on Bleach.
>>
>>61607841
How the fuck is stay away dull?
>>
>>61607812
No, because when a production is too polished for the sound of the band - than it doesn't work.
I think this is why bands like dream theater fail time after time - their production is too clean, too polished and too childish for what they are trying to do.
BTW I'm not saying that on nevermind, just an explanation of how the situation you said could happen.
>>
>>61606344
TEN>NEVERMIND
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBf5Q_OKd_8
>>
>>61607928
No
>>
>>61607922
idk saying that production shouldn't be too polished, cause it doesn't fit the band, kinda reminds me of the shitty fake unpolished sound that some black metal artists use on purpose.
I mean cattle decapitation has proven that even a really polished deathgrind album can be 10/10
>>
Nevermind is like polished Sonic Youth with no crappy Kim Gordon songs

it's great
>>
>>61608007
Pearl jam not only is better band also were more influential
>>
>Nirvana

Sucks dick. Angsty cuck rock
>>
>>61606344
>stop hating Nevermind because it's popular, it's their best
true
>>
>>61606760
Lounge act is the one filler song
>>
>>61606344
Live at Reading>Nevermind>Unplugged>Insecticide>Bleach>In Utero
>>
downloaded nevermind today, come as you are is a near perfect song
>>
>>61608058
Basically this. Although there is such a thing as "too polished", I think. We Didn't Start the Fire gives me a bit of a headache because it's so glossy.
>>
>>61608191
lol kill yourself. thats literally the best song in nevermind
>>
>>61608409
(Not true, by the way)
>>
I've got nothing against Nevermind or Bleach, but In Utero is their best album in my opinion. Scentless Apprentice, Milk It, Radio-Friendly Unit Shifter, really good songs.
>>
>>61606902
>Butch invented the whole "gated-drums" sound,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hugh_Padgham#The_.22gated_drum.22_sound
>>
>>61608082
>more influential
arguable, but this is not something good
>>
>>61608539
This, the songs are simply better on In Utero
Also I've heard Nevermind way too many times from the ages 11-15
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.