[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/mu/'s thoughts on Pentatonix?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3
File: photo.png (438 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
photo.png
438 KB, 900x900
/mu/'s thoughts on Pentatonix?
>>
makes me want to puke out my assholee
>>
>>61542313
im with this new trip.

Fuck them. All these girls are now like OMG WHITE WINTER HYMINAL LALLALSKD because of them and its fucking stupid.
>>
I quite enjoy it, I've met them and they are nice people. It's unique and I think that's why I like it so much.
>>
>>61542296
it's the most sterile, contrived, non musical piece of shit going and makes me wanna gouge my eyes out and do bike skids over them
>>
They'd be a lot better if they did their own songs
>>
>>61542296
They're the power rangers of music
>>
>>61542513
Listen to there new album, it's fully original apart from 1 song.
>>
fuck glee for making a generation of girls actually think acapella music is good
>>
I've said thisa before, but I think Pentatonix is the epitome of wasted talent.

Everyone in the band has a great voice, but all they do is make shitty, overproduced covers of pop songs which rarely add anything interesting to the original composition.

Firstly, they don't need all of the weird production tricks they put on their tracks. They got famous for being on a live singing show, and they can clearly produce something that sounds great without making it sound as artificial as they do. Sure, sometimes production like that works, but their brand as it stands is based around producing straight a-cappella covers of popular songs.

But it doesn't have to be that way. If PTX actually put some effort into making more original arrangements, as well as possibly even writing their own songs (perish the thought!), they would be amazing. But no. PTX is fine with wallowing in their complacency, coasting off of the fame they got back in 2011/2012.

I feel like Avi and/or Kevin probably feel(s) this way as well, and one or both of them will quit the band within the next two years to work on something good..
>>
>>61542296
It's the slam poetry of music.
>>
>>61542600
This.

It's really kinda frustrating to see how much talent is wasted to vapid pop music. I was think of what the music scene would be like if people like them or John Mayer actually put a little bit of fucking effort in to make something interesting. I'm not even asking for them to make some crazy noise album or some shit. You can still make easily digestible pop music with artistic integrity. Just look at someone like Fiona Apple. She's sort of the epitome of what mainstream pop could be IMO. It's really such a shame more don't go her route.
>>
>token man bun guy
>token mediocre looking female autists think is 10/10
>what the fuck is that thing
>token hipster "im so emo" douche
>tolken black guy
>>
The qt would get it doe
>>
>>61542296
Fucking hate them and their fans
>>
they're kinda stupid to be honest.

mitch has a super cool music taste though, i like him. the rest are trash.
>>
Aren't most of them gay?
>>
>>61543026
One's gay, one's bisexual.
>>
Overrated as fuck
>>
This is the kind of stuff that will clutter up the CD rack at Goodwill in 10 years
>>
>>61542340
didn't they do an oasis cover?
>>
They should form a supergroup with Steam Powered Giraffe and that dubstep violin chick.
>>
>a Capella groups
>unique

leave
>>
>>61542340
04515 (OASIS)
>>
>>61542296
frustrating garbage because 1) acapella is largely a cute gimmick 2) pandered to their horrible demographic for 4 years and 3) no actually wants original songs from them, just stupid covers
>>
I want to kill the one with the man bun
>>
>>61543026
most of them suck actual cocks if thats what you mean. I bet they got to the top by sucking so much dick. like everyone got their dick sucked that day
>>
Black dude is talented.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfbsFEvauTI
>>
>>61543737
Kek
>>
>>61542296
Acapella is the worst thing to happen to music.
>>
>>61542296
Better than fucking Oasis tobh.
>>
>>61542296
a boyband for asexuals
>>
>>61542378
Hey, fuck you pal.
>>
>>61542378
seriously you should consider suicide. have you considered suicide? youd be doing the rest of the world a real solid
>>
>>61544036
Yikes. That would be the day the world ends.
>>
File: kill self 7.png (38 KB, 1078x794) Image search: [Google]
kill self 7.png
38 KB, 1078x794
>>61542378
>>
>>61542296
I want to fuck the girl sooooo hard...also i kinda like them.
>>
>>61547974
the girl is just barely hot. look at her pretty much fat arms
>>
>>61542296
lol i already knew this band would suck because the pentatonic scale is synonymous with easy mode musicians.\
>>
File: images.jpg (8 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
8 KB, 225x225
>>61548349

Agreed about the band, but the pentatonic scale isn't just easy mode, it's probably the most important scale in the history of music. Yeah it may be simple, but to tastefully use the pentatonic scale ain't easy mode.
>>
>>61542296
we teens do acapella too :3 xD
>>
I'd rather have mantronix am i right
>>
>>61549999
GET
>>
Why do girls like this so much?
>>
>>61543737
god that is a good insight
>>
>>61550196

Pitch Perfect.

Probably the sequel, they were featured quite heavily in it.

1st one is pretty good for date night with your girl, nice chill movie, good tunes. Plus shower scene with Anna Kendrick.

The second one is feminist trash, end of the movie finishes off with the song "Girls Run The World." They even went out of their way to rewrite male characters to be more pro-feminist
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.