[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/mu/ related confessions. >before understanding why it was
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 9
File: laughinggirls.png (490 KB, 449x401) Image search: [Google]
laughinggirls.png
490 KB, 449x401
/mu/ related confessions.
>before understanding why it was cringeworthy I once wore a swans tee and Fantano-style shorts and bought ITAOTS at an urban outfitters
>>
i had a VERY brief period of time when i was really into britney spears' music.

some songs even gave me literal eargasms kek
>>
>>61535873

I was a huge dadrock/cockrock apologist and elitist in high school.
>>
Before understanding why it was cringeworthy I once liked music.

Yeah, I know. Laugh all you want.
>>
>>61535950
same
I didn't even like the bands, I just went by sites like fucking UCR
>>
File: 1430443416534.jpg (65 KB, 906x799) Image search: [Google]
1430443416534.jpg
65 KB, 906x799
I enjoy Fall Out Boy unironically.
>>
>>61535873
I don't wear band shirts and don't shop at Urban Outfitters, though I do love Swans.
>>
File: 1451043670488.gif (152 KB, 500x516) Image search: [Google]
1451043670488.gif
152 KB, 500x516
>>61535954
Yeah, sound should be for audio books and shit
>>
>>61535873
I listened to nothing but Arctic Monkeys, Muse, The Strokes and Florence + The Machine exclusively until last year
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWvh8gezm_c

I watched their videos "ironically" but I thought the music was cute and still like that band but no other mids 2000s "emo".
>>
I never cringed at any of the music I listened to because at the time I listened to it it represented exactly how it felt. Ive also found it to be way more cringey to be an elitist about something like music. Dismissing entire genres for their "simplicity" or their popularity has always been the epitome of autistic to me.
>>
I enjoy Mac DeMarco, Chvrches, Carly Rae.
>>
Every day, every FUCKING DAY I listen to My Girls. I don't even like alot of the album but this one track i just want to dance and clap my hands and go THERE ISN'T MUCH THAT I FEEL I NEED I do it all the time

I change the album tag so that Last.fm will recognize it

I scrobble JRPG soundtracks

My most played bands on Last.Fm are Swans, Radiohead, and Animal Collective, in that order
>>
File: 8:10.jpg (10 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
8:10.jpg
10 KB, 300x300
8/10 or above albums only you've heard
>>
File: inigomontoya.jpg (45 KB, 500x420) Image search: [Google]
inigomontoya.jpg
45 KB, 500x420
>>61535911
>literal eargasms
>literal
>>
File: Burgerpants.png (3 KB, 124x184) Image search: [Google]
Burgerpants.png
3 KB, 124x184
>>61535873
I wore a bunch of deadmau5 apparel during my sophomore year of high school because I thought that mouse head thing was cool and not because I liked his music.
>>
>>61535873
what the hell are "Fantano-style shorts"
>>
I unironically like Salem
>>
>>61542055
shorts
>>
i collect tapes because i like how they look and feel, unapologetically
>>
>>61537869

Marc demaco is great tho
>>
like 5-6 years ago i was really into the "tape scene". i spent hundreds of dollars on shitty drone tapes that are now just collecting dust in my closet.
>>
I legitimately think TPAB was AOTY last year, and it's not even close
>>
>>61537729
I've never cringed at my musical tastes, but I was a dadrock elitist for a while, I cringe at that
>>
File: a2006756934_10.jpg (218 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
a2006756934_10.jpg
218 KB, 800x800
I wrote an album based entirely on /mu/'s ideas for songs and genre (first reply said write a jangle/dreampop album)

https://ringostarwars.bandcamp.com/

not sure if that should really be a confession, but you'll probably hate me for it.
>>
>>61537033
You can still listen to the strokes they're alright
>>
>>61542463
yeah "Is this it" is pretty universally praised on /mu/
>>
>>61535873
I'm a straight male who really enjoys artist I've found out through the internet enjoy a lot of play in gay clubs. Namely Frankie goes to Hollywood, scissor sister, lady gaga.
>>
>>61542463
Debatable
>>
I like some power metal
>>
>>61542554
You'll grow out of it [spoiler]the straightness[/spolier]
>>
If a album has a ugly album cover I won't listen to it.

If a band has a shitty fanbase I won't listen to their music (Death Grips, MBV, Radiohead)

If their songs on average are longer than 7 minutes I won't bother listening to their music.
>>
>>61543064
>this guy
>>
File: muboy.jpg (257 KB, 1195x1184) Image search: [Google]
muboy.jpg
257 KB, 1195x1184
>>61537663
i don't dislike this

>>61537729
agree with this, i listen to music for enjoyment, escapism and emotions other than the mundane ones i derive from my everyday life
really don't see the point of bitching about music which nullifies like half of /mu/ for me
>>
I pretty much only listen to sublime
This is my first time on /mu/
>>
>>61543241
This picture hits me hard, not just because its strikingly similar to my thoughts, but because someone sat there and made fun of themselves, all in order to make that. Whoever created that knew exactly what they were doing (from experience) and it they were being incredibly honest to themselves, and whatever thread they intended to post that in.
>>
>>61542168
How many do you have? I'm thinking about collecting tapes too
>>
Bon Iver/Justin Vernon is my absolute favorite artist.

Father John Misty's shenanigans don't bother me because I actually think it's a good thing to have a couple of people in the industry who are unapologetically pretentious. Not a ton, just a couple people.

Ingrid Michaelson is one of my favorite artists of the 2000s.

My taste is extremely white and boring but I love it.

When I was really depressed I connected really heavily and emotionally to specific albums and movies, now that I'm better that doesn't happen anymore. I don't know what to do with this information.
>>
>>61542330
It's a lot better than this board will let on. Probably the best hip-hop album, but it is close. From a purely lyrical standpoint I don't think anyone's close to Kendrick.
>>
>>61542554
Frankie Goes To Hollywood are fucking sick I don't care what anyone says

Really subversive and dangerous pop group (for the time)
>>
>>61543348
>Father John Misty's shenanigans don't bother me because I actually think it's a good thing to have a couple of people in the industry who are unapologetically pretentious. Not a ton, just a couple people.

Father John Misty operates on so many levels of irony that I can't help but find him funny. I mean his dp on Facebook is some girl who dressed as him for Hallowen
>>
>>61543064
how does mbv have a shitty fanbase?
>>
>>61543515
He legitimately makes me laugh and I love his asshole pretentious ridiculousness but everyone on /mu/ and other sites finds it insufferable. I think I'm just a fan of anyone who unabashedly and confidently leans into something rather than trying to appease people by being balanced.
>>
>>61543241
>tfw skinnyfat with pseudogyno
>tfw stalled on engineering college
>tfw nojob
>tfw i can't leave my shithole country before getting my degree
>>
>>61537960
OH MY GOD YES
I listen to My Girls and Bluish everyday too they make me so happy :^)
>>
>>61543629
Same

Fear Fun and ILYHB are my albums of 2012 and 2015, but when I saw him live, I was looking forward to him being a funny cunt as much as I was the songs. He was being filmed and dedicated Bored in the USA to 'the people who decided to do mushrooms at home.'. During the middle of the song be walked up to the camera and started talking to it going "I see you, your tv is talking to you and you're on mushrooms right now."

He also grabbed someone's phone and recorded a prophecy to YouTube from "Chris Isaak"
>>
>>61542388
honestly, not too bad. i kinda enjoyed it. thanks for the album <3
>>
>>61543241
Everytime I see this image, I'm reminded that I'm just a generic /mu/ poster.
>>
I've been to over 20 phish shows
>>
I've been a lot happier about music since I stopped coming here to discuss it frequently.
>>
>>61542388
humble brag
decent album tho
>>
>>61544186
hey harris' ghost
>>
>>61535950
Me too. For a while, I thought that the Doors were like the best band on earth. Had no idea on what I was missing out on
>>
>>61543064
>If their songs on average are longer than 7 minutes I won't bother listening to their music.
You're really missing a lot of stuff man.
Try it out i'm sure you will get thru
>>
>>61535873
>was a dadrock/cockrock apologist up until I was about 12
>from 12 to 15 i abandoned ''mainstream'' rock and metal, listened to exclusively burzum and mayhem and made fun of anyone who didn't enjoy black metal
>discovered /mu/ at 16, quickly began defending /mu/core in real life and I would actually argue how albums like Merriweather Post Pavillion are modern masterpieces and albums from the 60s-90s couldn't even hold a candle to it
>now I hopefully chilled out, don't even talk about music unless someone tries to engage me and then I try not to be a contrarian memespouting shit like I was years ago
>>
>>61544376
harris wittels? yeah cool dude, met him a couple of times over the years.
>>
>>61544929
;_; i'm very jealous anon. wonderful dude.
>>
>>61544727
that's pretty bad
>>
>>61544727
wow uh that's awful
>>
>>61535873
I used to think normal people cared about music, nowadays I never talk about it IRL unless asked
>>
>>61535873
>Fantano-style shorts

what
>>
>>61542554
DONT FEEL LIKE DANCIN, DANCIN
>>
>>61535873
I see "congratulations" by MGMT as the best album of all time too me.

I don't know what it is about it the music just feels so perfect, the melodies, atmosphere and the lyrics. The artwork and the way the album progresses. It's like I found my soulmate album but I can also see everything that is wrong with it.
>>
File: image.jpg (222 KB, 1493x1600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
222 KB, 1493x1600
>>61542124
Thanks for clearing that up
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.