[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the best lofi pure synth music?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 2
File: maestro.jpg (51 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
maestro.jpg
51 KB, 640x480
What is the best lofi pure synth music?
>>
not that 1
>>
Anything by Terry Rilley, if you count synthetic organs.
>>
>>61456486
im really curious about this, come on guys
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cs6koxYh-k
>>
Kraftwerk?
>>
plantasia
>>
hijacking thread a bit
would volca keys be a good synth to start learning about synthesis?
>>
I hope nobody would mind if I bumped the thread a little.
>>
>>61456494
yeah, because its an instrument and not a music
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i40WftG6_pM this has some guitars but is perfect
>>
Twilight Ritual and Oppenheimer Anylsis.
>>
>>61456486
theres so much shit like this on soundcloud
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bb9fAYfrz98
>>
>>61456486
>slavshit
>>
>>61459026
Not really. They sound good and are lot of fun, but are limited in their synthesis ability, good for someone who already knows their stuff but not something to learn on. An Arturia Microbrute would be much better suited for that job, and it is also a very versatile great sounding little synth. I've seen them go for really reasonable prices used and they aren't that expensive new either, however it'll definitely cost you at least $100 more than the Volca, but it's a better synth by all means.
>>
>>61456494
dumb poster
>>
>>61460262
yeah
those volcas are cool but more like toys

another really really good synth thats not expensive is the korg ms20 reissue
>>
That one band "Casiotone For The Painfully Alone"
>>
>>61460398
I can attest to the MS-20 being a great learner synth. The basic controls are simple enough that a beginner can pick it up intuitively but the patchability adds enough depth that the possibilities are endless.
>>
the sweet spot for synths is analog with midi and lots of tactile parameter editing (more knobs and sliders than buttons)

you learn faster about what each parameter does this way, its about 1000x more fun too so it encourages more experimentation/learning.

digital synths are fine, some sound really unique and awesome but menu diving (using a crude menu list that is navigated with up/down/select buttons) tends to be tedious and not very fun.
>>
>>61460398
wow that's a bit over my budget family
>>
>>61460494
you should save up for something more substantial than a volca, they are cool but more of a novelty than something substantial like the ms20mini, microbrute, novation bass station, etc

you should be able to find these used 300-400
>>
>>61460568
I'll look around for those, thanks m8
>>
>>61460494
Get a Microbrute or look for cool vintage ones used. The classified ads are your freind for music equipment, as well are pawn shops and stuff like that, you can get a lot of great deals that way. The Volcas aren't good for a learner, they are great to fool with when you already know what to do, but until then they are just too simple. The Microbrute is probably perfect for you, small size, versatile sound, full featured, and it looks cool as well. I'm pretty sure they even come with a guide book for an introduction to synthesis, so that might be of use to you as well.
>>
File: CIMG00861.jpg (1 MB, 1520x2032) Image search: [Google]
CIMG00861.jpg
1 MB, 1520x2032
>>61456486
Casiotone For The Painfully Alone
>>
>>61460627
niiiice, I'll set my mind on the microbrute then
>>
>>61460418
Not a band, one person. He goes under the name Advance Base now. He play mostly on Rhodes keyboards and regular pianos now and not on broken old casios so that's why he changed the name.
>>
>>61460464
>but menu diving (using a crude menu list that is navigated with up/down/select buttons)
those are not digital synths, those are retarded synths

the superior thing about digital synths is arpegios and repeat mode
>>
>>61460649
i should have omited 'digital' or said digital control

there are plenty of incredibly awesome sounding synths with menu diving, I was just trying to convey how annoying that kind of control is.

The bad part is a lot of these really awesome synths are priced cheaply because of that.

I had a Matrix 6R that I got for 300 bucks which sounded amazing but was a nightmare to program/edit.
>>
>>61460647
Oh, didn't know that, thanks for telling! I'll check out his other stuff too then
>>
>>61460629
Came here to post this.
>>
>>61460418
i like it
>>
>>61456486
DJ Naruto
>>
>>61456486
That one kid from the sc threads
>>
>>61456486
dungeon synth
>>
hype williams

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXJicM7sZfA
>>
>>61460144
dubs confirm this is neat thanks anon
>>
>>61460144
Anyone know what drum machine that is? It sounds really lush for 82.
>>
>>61456486
Does YMO count?
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.