[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Easily The Greatest Musician of The 20th Century
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (40 KB, 325x450) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40 KB, 325x450
Does anyone else come close, /mu/?
>>
duke, tatum, coltrane
the list goes on
>>
I just downloaded hot fives and sevens, gonna listen to it next week. Wish me luck OP
>>
much as I love Satchmo and dixieland, Miles Davis did much more for Jazz
>>
>>61439311
>>61439269
Y'all are pretty ignorant. Pop's tone and phrasing is unmatched even if the velocity of Boppers and Fusions can fool an untrained ear. Not only this, but he also layed the foundation for modern musical improv as we know it.
>>
>>61439269
Oh but Duke was extremely important, I'll for sure say. However, his innovations are a great deal more inevitable than those of Armstrong's.
>>
plens on this board I swear
>>
here's the thing about louis
>>
>>61439157
If he's not the greatest, he's surely one of them
>>
I didn't know Bill Cosby played an instrument.
>>
>>61440199
This is what I'd of all time. But he's simply the best the 1900s had to offer.
>>
File: arnold2.jpg (17 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
arnold2.jpg
17 KB, 480x360
>>61440376
what about this gentleman right here
>>
>>61439430
>he also layed the foundation for modern musical improv as we know it.
He was apart of the transition from Dixie to Combo at the same time everyone else is. You can argue he was the best but not that he was special or the first to do anything. you people are just as delusional as fucking Bach fans.
>>
try and prove me wrong without memes or buzzwords (if thats all you can do you should go back to /v/ or some shit)

>creates fantastic catchy melodies and harmonies in his head
>changed the game multiple times and inspired some of the biggest rappers today
>endorsement from paul mccartney
>worked from the bottom all the way to the top
>decent size discography, all consistently good albums

and not only that but he is also achieved wonders in the fashion industry.
>>
>>61439157
I agree. After him C. Parker.
>>
>>61440842
Go back to /v/ and come back when you can describe your music without using meaningless adjectives
>>
>>61440842
>creates fantastic catchy melodies and harmonies in his head
Have a look at his album pages on Wikipedia, he didn't do anything without a team of 30

>changed the game multiple times and inspired some of the biggest rappers today
Yep, changed it from hip hop to pop with EDM loops

>endorsement from paul mccartney
Thats not a good thing

>worked from the bottom all the way to the top
lol

>decent size discography, all consistently good albums
hahaha, b8
>>
>>61439311
>much as I love Satchmo and dixieland, Miles Davis did much more for Jazz

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA
>>
>>61440873
>>61440880
>>>/v/
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.