[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is he the most complex lyricist of all time ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: aesop rock.jpg (17 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
aesop rock.jpg
17 KB, 300x300
Is he the most complex lyricist of all time ?
>>
>>61438530
i mean he's up there

if youre talking exclusively about hip hop then yeah
>>
MC Ride at his most cryptic can go toe-to-toe with Aes
>>
>>61438530
of course
>>
>>61438530
>complex
if you think using a thesaurus for every other word is complex then sure. and i say that as someone who loves aesop
>>
doseone
>>
>>61438617
>and i say that as someone who loves aesop
nice try
>>
>>61438530
Used to really like him a lot
I went to one of his shows recently, it was horrible.

Instead of showing off his lyricism he tried showing off some "energy". You could barely hear what he qas saying and DJ abilities just took over when he realized the show was going to shit.

Idk what's gotten into him, I thought he was humble but I guess not
>>
>>61438530
It depends what you mean by "complex lyricist". His vocabulary and a-dumptruck's-worth-of metaphors are probably the most complex I'm aware of, but I don't think that neccessarily means his lyrics offer the most complex themes or dialogue
>>
Sure he's one of my favourites, but at the most complex without depending on a thesaurus so much, I'd put Eyedea up there.
>>
that's not eminem
>>
>>61438530
He is one of the most complex lyricists of all time.
>>
File: 19_liljon_190x190.jpg (19 KB, 190x190) Image search: [Google]
19_liljon_190x190.jpg
19 KB, 190x190
That's not Lil Jon
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.