[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which were the better duo, Lennon–McCartney or Morrissey-Marr?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
Which were the better duo, Lennon–McCartney or Morrissey-Marr?
>>
moz > lennon
mc cartney > marr
>>
>>61437120
well the Smiths were absolute shit so probably the former
>>
>>61437129
switch marr and mccarter
>>
File: zzbb82[1].jpg (136 KB, 986x1024) Image search: [Google]
zzbb82[1].jpg
136 KB, 986x1024
>>
Lennon and McCartney were an actual song writing duo and wrote a tonne of very successful well known songs etc. Morrrissesy- Marr isn't really a duo in the same way. Marr is an underated guitarist and songwriter who wrote most of the Smiths stuff and Morissesy just threw some lyrics on top of it. I'm not disparagin that way of composing, Joy Division are my favourite band and did much the same, however I don't think Morissesy-Marr really compete with McCartney-Lennon in the sense of a "duo"
>>
>>61437120
McCartney is better than the other 3 combined.
>>
>>61437465
kill urself
>>
>>61437401
>marr
>a good songwriter

have you heard his solo stuff?
>>
anderson and butler
>>
>>61439003
Have you heard anything McCartney has done recently?
>>
>>61440310
Have you ever kissed another man on the lips?
>>
>>61440310
>missing my point completely

you dismissed Moz as a songwriter yet when they both split to do their solo stuff moz was still consistently decent whilst all of Marrs stuff is awful

surely thats the strongest evidence possible to show that Moz was the far better songwriter
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.