[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm half way through Geogaddi and I don't like it that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 1
File: WARPCDD101.jpg (732 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
WARPCDD101.jpg
732 KB, 1000x1000
I'm half way through Geogaddi and I don't like it that much. It's a bit depressing sounding. Can anyone recommend an album that sounds like this but is upbeat.
>>
their first album
>>
MHTRTC stupid
>>
>>61431989
I only like Salad Finger bit
>>
>>61431993
Okay, this is my first BoC album anyways.
>>
>>61431989
Check out Mouse On Mars - Iaora Tahiti
>>
>>61431989
In a Beautiful Place Out in the Country
>>
>>61432006
>second track
>An Eagle In Your Mind
>weird shifting sounds for 3 minutes
>robot voice: "I love you"

Yeah fuck no

Listen to The Campfire Headphase

It's a little bit different but has the same fuzzy feeling all BoC has
>>
>>61432077
>weird shifting sounds for 3 minutes
you could say that about half of their songs familia, they are idm, what the fuck do you expect
campfire headphase is no where near as good as their first 2 albums btw
>>
>>61432166
OP wants something that's not depressing sounding. MHTRTC and Geogaddi both have the "spooky alien" sound to them and TCH doesn't, it's as simple as that.
>>
>>61432269
mhtrtc is no where near as depressing as geogaddi
basically throughout the whole album geogaddi is depressing and spooky, where as on MHTRTC theres probs only 4 songs that you could say are depressing, the other 14 are basically happy/nostalgic af
>>
>>61432269
Right to Children is a pleasant childhood put into an album, what the fuck
>>
>>61432396
but there are songs like "Pete Standing Alone" and "Sixty-ten" that are not really 'pleasant'
>>
>>61432453
>that are not really 'pleasant'
I disagree entirely, especially on Pete Standing Alone
>>
>>61432496
not saying the songs are bad, just i think they are not songs that would resemble a pleasant childhood like he said
>>
>>61432518
Yeah, that's what I meant. I knew what you were saying.
>>
>>61432518
nah, pete standing alone is the embodiment of desire to relive your childhood
>>
>>61432541
i guess when you put it like that, it makes sense
>>
>>61432553
i suppose the only reason you could see it as depressing is when you realise the fact you can never go back to being a kid
>>
>>61432605
i guess so since the general feeling of the song for me is melancholy
>>
>>61432396
I don't know. It's more melancholic than pleasant. It's almost like looking back on your childhood and understanding that your joy back then was only because of your ignorance about the world.

I would argue that The Campfire Headphase is a more upbeat album than MHTRTC.
>>
>>61432761
which is funny since Campfire Headphase is supposed to be about someone having a complete meltdown on an LSD trip by a campfire.

>Campfire Headphase
cosy drugs by the campfire
>MHTRTC
melancholic, wistful, nostalgic remembrance of childhood
>Geogaddi
getting anally probed by the men in black because you saw too much
>>
>>61432761
>It's more melancholic than pleasant. It's almost like looking back on your childhood and understanding that your joy back then was only because of your ignorance about the world.

This. BoC have said as much themselves.

They described Campfire as a 'psychedelic roadtrip through the brain'. It's more the polar opposite to Geogaddi which they'd described as a 'psychedelic trial by fire'. That and both Geogaddi and Campfire share similar production techniques, densely layered, whilst MHTRTC is much simpler in its production.

Geogaddi and Campfire are like perfect companions in that sense which is why I'd recommend Campfire, even if MHTRTC is the better album.
>>
>>61433009
what about tomorrow's harvest?
>>
>>61431989
use to not be able to listen gyroscope because i found it too spooky but now i love it
>>
They never topped MHTRTC and Geogaddi , Campfire headphase and Tomorrows harvest were lethargic by comparison
>>
maybe listen to tycho op
>>
>>61432372
nostalgia is rooted in feelings of melancholy tho - it's not really a happy emotion, despite the fact that it's linked to happy memories. it's not just taking you back to a place/time; it's taking you back to a place/time and knowing you can never go back there again.

the meaning has been twisted over time, but the original meaning of the word nostalgia comes from "the pain of coming home." i think this fits mhtrtc.
>>
>>61431989
you need to listen to it a second time.
>>
I've probably listen to Geogaddi a hundred times, but I never thought it sounds depressing
>>
>>61434163
it's fairly brooding at times
>>
>>61434163
Me neither
>>
>>61434170
I know it could be dark and eerie sometimes, but I never felt any kind of sadness
>>
>>61432668
i agree with these deductions and pete standing alone is one of BoC's greatest tracks

OP listen to one of Tycho's albums

i've overplayed the fuck out of them and they sound like shit to me now, but i remember my first few listens feeling great looking out my window at the clouds and sunsets.
>>
>>61434133
>it's not just taking you back to a place/time; it's taking you back to a place/time and knowing you can never go back there again.
damn...
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.