[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does Linkin Park get so much hate, /mu/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: 2550913-4650940812-linki.jpg (517 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2550913-4650940812-linki.jpg
517 KB, 1920x1080
Why does Linkin Park get so much hate, /mu/?
>>
File: A_Thousand_Suns_Cover2.jpg (29 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
A_Thousand_Suns_Cover2.jpg
29 KB, 450x450
/mu/ likes a thousand suns.
>>
>>61427042
No we don't, stop making us look bad
>>
>>61427007

well Mike Shinoda called out Lauren Mayberry and then backtracked when she threatened to write an article about him

so he's a beta male feminist
>>
because the majority of people here probably listened to it when they were kids and got bullied for it
>>
They had/have some strong affiliations with nu-metal. Arguable they were the commercial height of that genre. And the least masculine.

Could say that they were a pretty cynical synthesis of all the prevailing trends at the time. But when bowie or nirvana or radiohead or ect... do it critics seem to like it. So i dunno mate.
>>
>>61427007
Their awful lyricism and image panders to young teens, and most people here despite being that age feel they are somehow above that.
>>
>>61427007
When did they get a girl in their band?
>>
Hybrid Theory was 7/10, Meteora was 5/10 (though Somewhere I Belong was 7/10), and everything else was much much worse.
>>
>>61427160

when your mum had an affair
>>
>>61427007
because we all liked them as kids and now we're embarrassed about it
>>
>>61427007

Makes no sense, since Linkin Park are basically the Death Grips 1.0, who are moo's favorite group.
>>
>>61427243
Speak for yourself.
I'm perfectly fine with the fact I liked them growing up, even in high school with MInutes to Midnight.
>>
File: 1347216505119.gif (8 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
1347216505119.gif
8 KB, 645x773
>tfw i found my old cheap chinese mp3 player from 2005 that's full of 128kbps linkin park mp3s and other pre-teencore
>tfw listening to it and realizing how bad my taste was but still can't help but feel nostalgic about it all
i wondered how i ever pulled myself out of that bottomless pit of shit taste

then i realized where i am
>>
Their overdramatic lyricism mixed with Mike Shinoda's awkward punk rap thing never worked back then and they couldn't seem to figure that out.
>>
>>61427433
>not liking Mike's unique rap style
u wot
>>
>>61427522
It's so fucking awkward when you switch back and forth from Mike rapping to Chester being a screaming idiot. But hey, 12 year old me liked it.
>>
Because they are an edgy, sad-teen band who are just good enough that it's hard to make convincing arguments of how much they such.
>>
>>61427626
*suck
>>
>>61427550

it was dope avant garde new metal
>>
They were pretty mediocre with shitty edgy lyrics
>>
>>61427985
>>61427626
>>61427550
>implying I'm the only adult who still enjoys Linkin Park
Sure some of their songs are edgy, but they aren't as bad as /mu/ makes them out to be.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.