[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
CHVRCHES
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 4
File: plebcore.jpg (286 KB, 2197x1318) Image search: [Google]
plebcore.jpg
286 KB, 2197x1318
Why are they so awful?

Seriously, how the fuck are they even a thing? I feel like I could hop on Soundcloud and find something identically terrible. I would really love for any /mu/tants out there who are Chvrches fans to justify liking them.

Because I honestly don't think you can do it.
>>
chvrches is considered to be a good band because it has a moderately attractive white girl in it

they have no musical merit
>>
>>61425364
This is a reasonable explanation.
>>
>>61425336
>stop liking what I don't like
gud thread
>>
>>61425336
Why make threads like this
>>
>>61425558
>>
>>61425336
I also don't really get it, everytime Lauren opens her mouth and sings i just think that she sounds like a 10 year old boy from a disney musical
>>
>>61425336
I don't get it either, anon.
I love most all synthwave and twee girls, but I seriously can't into chvrches. They're just shit.
>>
File: pepe.png (17 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
pepe.png
17 KB, 500x500
>>61425558
>>61425585
No, closer to explain why you like what you like.

>mfw proving my point that it can't be done
>>
>>61425364
>>61425429
She isn't "moderately attractive" she's plain ugly.

No seriously she's ugly. Her eyes are too far apart, her mouth is too wide, her jaw looks underdeveloped...

She looks like Michael Jackson towards the end of his life.

She looks like she has growth problems, much like most "unconventional beauties" of this generation (such as Cara or Sky).

People who think those girls are pretty just have a fetish for huge eyes and underdeveloped jaws.
>>
>>61425336
I never listened to them, I just like looking at pictures of Lauren
>>
>>61425661
Gonna have to disagree with you there on Cara and Sky m9. Lauren's alright too, I wouldn't say she's ugly at all tbqh familia
>>
>>61425691
This is even more incomprehensible than liking their music.
>>
>>61425336
boring dated synthpop made for bedwetters.
But wallflowers need some music to cry into their pillows at night so it sells and Mayberry probably promised to touch some music journos dick.
>>
>>61425697
I explained you in precise details why they were ugly.

It's not something you can just "disagree" with.
>>
>>61425336
because madonna already did this shit 20 years ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4tD8dy9Reg
>>
>>61425795
Madonna didn't look like an anorexic pug.

She looked like an adorable New Wave doll.
>>
>>61425857
>giving a shit about looks in music
Which ear did you hear that difference from?
>>
>>61425874
that's as good a reason to dislike something as "someone else did it before" is.
>>
>>61425795
Reccing ROL.
Best Madonna album.
>>
>>61425928
actually it's a good reason to dislike it because it already exists and has been done before. It's the same reason why a Van Gogh is more valuable than a street artist ripoff in the same style.
>>
Lauren here

Fuk u guys
>>
>>61425656
Explain why you don't like them. K, now invert it.
>>
>>61426145
Literally who?
>>
>>61425958
it's really a bad reason when you think about it, instead of mindlessly following the innovationist dogma.
>>
File: science.png (465 KB, 681x482) Image search: [Google]
science.png
465 KB, 681x482
>>61425661
Lol, get rekt by science faggot (I mean that literally, attraction to masculine features like huge jaws means you're probably a homosexual).
>>
>>61425661
she does look underdeveloped, like she's from period in time there was famine, reason why Audrey Hepburn grew up retarded

not that she was starved, it's probably a hormonal thing or she had weight issue growing up, anorexia and such
>>
>>61426175
Actually it's a good reason, because although art is derivative, blatant copies are shunned because it's boring and past it's sell by date especially when you're 'indie' which literally relies on originality or lack of mainstream appeal but literally copying off the best selling female artist of all time unironically.
But you know if you're 15-20 and have a vague recollection of this being played when you were a kid it sounds all new to you so it's not acceptable.
Except it's not.
>>
>>61426260
it's acceptable*
>>
>>61426188
>the only alternative to malformed jaws is huge masculine jaws

>>61426253
What I mean exactly

Hepburn was probably the only retarded girl who ended up looking pretty

And now every ugly chick tries to copy her makeup, like they think winged eyelashes + growth retardation = Audrey Hepburn aesthetics.
>>
>>61426314
>thinking that normal female jaws and delicate features are "malformed"
>proving my point
It's okay if guys' butts make you nuts, breh, it's 2016.
>>
>>61425336

Casual CHVRCHES listener here. (And gay so dgaf about Lauren's looks)

I like it 'cause it's simple and light.
Does it have to be more? Does every synthpop album have to completely revolutionize the industry? Nah. I like them because they don't try too hard.

My favorite song doesn't have Lauren in it at all tho.
>>
>>61425336

Remember how it used to be here before we made her cry? It was waifu this and waifu that, now people know she's a cunt at least
>>
>>61426260
Who fucking cares, shit. Indie doesn't even mean anything. Fuck off.
>>
>>61426314
She looks like a baby with boobs and legs
>>
>>61426385
>Indie doesn't even mean anything
That's because they're not indie, just some tryhard madonna fans.
>>
File: jennifer-connelly-07.jpg (26 KB, 476x385) Image search: [Google]
jennifer-connelly-07.jpg
26 KB, 476x385
>>61426362
I know you're trolling, but just in case there are some people out there reading this thread who unironically think what you're posting, I'll indulge you.

Pic related is an example of delicate features. Lauren's features, on the other hand, are unevenly developed, to the point where she's showing signs of early aging.
>>
>>61426396
Not quite. Babies have a round face and proportionately smaller eyes.

She looks like a kid with progeria.
>>
>>61426458
I'm only about half trolling, as I'm sure you are. Anaface.com isn't exactly hard science, but it does manage to measure things like ocular distance and symmetry pretty well as long as you place the markers correctly. Lauren's an attractive girl with stereotypically feminine features. People who don't comport with your preferred aesthetic (which, by the way, tends on the more masculine side - Jennifer Connelly has a very large, protruding jaw) are not malformed or objectively unattractive.
>>
>>61426659
I'm 100% serious.

You have zero idea of what "large protuding jaw" means. A girl who had a large jaw would be, for instance, Sarah Jessica Parker. Jencon's face is perfectly oval, her facial features occupy a normal portion of her face, instead of being of disproportionate sized and crammed into a square like Lauren.

Lauren Mayberry's features are not stereotypically feminine, they're caricaturally feminine. She's what an alien would think female humans look like if a guy tried to describe the opposite gender.

In fact it's almost as if she didn't have teeth at all, forcing her jaws to be tighter together than normal and giving her that old woman expression.
>>
>>61426659
>but it does manage to measure things like ocular distance and symmetry pretty well as long as you place the markers correctly.

I look like a fucking Morrowind character and anaface.com said I'm an 8/10
>>
>>61426370
haha no you like them because you are gay af
>>
>>61425336
i heard one of their songs on a forza game and thought it was just fun repetitive poppy music.
>>
>>61426885
maybe you are on your inside :)
>>
Lauren is a whore though
>>
>>61426145
Slut
>>
>>61426807

I heard she was a preemie baby, any truth to that?
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.