[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/MDG/- Mac Demarco General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3016x2000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3016x2000
Hello everyone, the time has come. People from /mu/ too often try to deride Mac for being a goofball or a meme
This is a thread to discuss his music, his shows, and the music and shows of other artists surrounding him such as Walter TV, Alex Calder, HOMESHAKE, etc.

To get the ball rolling-
How did you feel about Another One?
Have you seen Mac in concert recently?
Favorite Makeout Videotape song?
>>
File: bateman.jpg (23 KB, 500x385) Image search: [Google]
bateman.jpg
23 KB, 500x385
>>
File: macwhatareyoudoing.png (151 KB, 321x225) Image search: [Google]
macwhatareyoudoing.png
151 KB, 321x225
Another One was a good effort to release within a year of Salad days and it is a good chill listen.

I saw Mac at Falls Festival and he was great. so many people were crowdsurfing.. Something I've never seen at Falls Festival in my three years of going there.
Also he was chilling out in the festival after and my friend (Guy) went up to him and said he was pretty cool, to which mac just started kissing him on the lips multiple times.
>>
>>61424354
ayy
>>
>>61424333
nice trips

peaked at makeout videotape
fight me
future boy, island groovies, and freemason's prayer are his best songs
>>
File: 1451501495697.jpg (29 KB, 476x357) Image search: [Google]
1451501495697.jpg
29 KB, 476x357
>>61424444

czech'd
>>
>>61424422
He always seems to want to kiss everyone
>>61424444
Nice digits bud
I don't know if he peaked with Makeout Videotape, but I can certainly understand why you think that. Future Boy and some of those other tracks are a lot stronger than some of the filler type tracks on Salad Days and 2
>>
another one was kinda lame. sounds like he's heading for a more generic sound as he keeps going honestly.

my fav makeout videotape song is Lasagna Sunset
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcInwKLKAb0
>>
>>61424537

I think he nailed his sound in another one, but if his next album sounds the same I won't even listen.
>>
Rock & Roll Night Club > Salad Days Demos > 2 > Salad Days > 2 Demos > Another One = Another One Demos
>>
I enjoyed Another One.

I feel although it has his weakest songwriting, Rock and Roll Nightclub is by far his most interesting album; Salad Days and 2 are good but RnR seems to really trying something different.

My order of favor:
Rock N Roll Nightclub
Another One (love the synth stuff)
Salad Days (still like it a lot I just end up going back to 2 more often)

I'd love to see him apply his increased songwriting skills with the RnR sound.
>>
>>61424657
you should listen to makeout videotape

https://makeoutvideotape.bandcamp.com/track/future-boy
>>
>>61424657
I would love if it he went back to a RNRNC feel. He suggested in some interview once that he might do something similar in the future. I wish he'd return to that sound or go full on crazy synth wizard, and really do something experimental
>>
>>61424685
>>61424727
This is pretty cool, I'll check out more Makeout Videotape, but it seems different than the aspects of RnR I really like. I think its the more "hypnagogic" stuff I like. If I understand this term right, its like how he creates a surreal dreamy atmosphere by only slightly twisting traditional, familiar song styles that are already in our brains. He most obviously does it on that album with the pitch shifted vocals, drones, and creepy lyrics. Honestly it reminds me of Vaporwave a lot.
>>
>>61425004
check out
>>61424537
you'll love makeout videotape.
>>
>>61425004
Yeah I totally feel you. The fact he made the album like that is such an odd, borderline unexplainable thing because of how little anything sounds like it that he's made before or since, and it's funny that it was his main introduction to most people
>>
>How did you feel about Another One?
It was rad, just bought it on vinyl the other day. Probably one of my favorite compilations of love songs ever.
I wish he wasn't touring in Ausland and would come back to NY
>>
>worked summer job in small town
>walked home listening to Salad Days/2 every day
>literally no better feeling than walking around town listening to Mac
His albums just seem to embody the summer feeling for me.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.