[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do neckbeards like hip hop?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: neckbeard.png (178 KB, 319x261) Image search: [Google]
neckbeard.png
178 KB, 319x261
Why do neckbeards like hip hop?
>>
>>61419861

because it's their music preference

saged
>>
>>61419861

they don't
>>
>>61420448
Most neckbeards-in-denial are obsessed with hip hop. The biggest music sub on reddit (site notorious for crawling with neckbeards) outside of the default /r/music is /r/hiphopheads. I only hear most rock internet discussion and rap hate almost exclusively on Facebook. Even /r/music has alot of kanye worship and rap shilling nowadays.
>>
>>61419861
They don't, they like 'patrician' genres like metal.
>>
>>61420658

>neckbeards-in-denial

the fuck does that mean
>>
>>61419861
>wait, i'm actually cool! i'm not like those other outcasts, i listen to rap too just like you guys! pls accept me
>>
>>61419861

I don't know a lot of them love hip hop prog metal and electro swing. Fucking shit genre.
>>
>>61420658
neckbeards hate swagfags. are obsessed with pseudo intellectual crap and quirky mallgoth shit like swans, mr bungle, ruins, and fela kuti.
>>
>>61420702
un-self aware neckbeards who think they aren't neckbeards. Many neckbeards-in-denial try listening to hip-hop to fit in with normies, despite having social skills and weight problems on par with most other neckbeards.

>>61420751
Pre-2013 that would be true. Nowdays, not so much. See >>61420731 and >>61420658
>>
>>61420751
None of those are quirky except bungle
>>
>>61419861
>hip hop

Metal is the holy grail genre for neckbeards.
>>
Neckbeards like indie
Neckbeards also like Metal
Neckbeards also like hip hop
Neckbeards like Rock too

It's almost as if music preference has nothing to do with being a neckbeard.
>>
>>61419861
why is his beard painted
>>
Being a neckbeard isn't about the genre, when someone claims that the genre they listen to is the best and that every other genre is shit is more of the neckbeard thing to do. From what I've seen it's metalfags who do it the most.
>>
>>61420658
neckbeards like dadrock and metal and that's a fact, hip hop is what cool young people listen to
>>
Neckbeards primarily like metal. So if you like metal, you may want to re-consider your life.
>>
>>61419861
So they can feel like they're more patrician than the people who listen to "everything but rap and country"
>>
>>61419861

>all these people denying neckbeards like hip-hop

I knew 2 hardcore brony neckbeards, they both listened to dream theater, big L & Tupac.
>>
I know this one extremely fat, sweaty brony neckbeard in my CS class. Aside from the morbid obesity and neckhairs, he has short hair and dresses in a blank solid color t-shirt, plain snapback and jeans. In class, I've seen him browsing hip hop heads and quite a few times lewronggeneration on the computer. He once did a presentation in another class about my little pony, and another one on why Kanye is one of the most overlooked artists of all time. One of the bullet points on the prez on Kanye said that much of the hate was due to racism. He also likes to draw some pony OC that "loves hip hop" and has a mark on it's back with a turntable.
>>
White losers fetishize black culture.
>>
File: Casuals.jpg (42 KB, 223x212) Image search: [Google]
Casuals.jpg
42 KB, 223x212
>>61419861
It makes them feel hardcore and special
>>
>>61420913
found the neckbeard
>>
next level shit posting
>>
if they are non image conscious neckbeards they listen to edm.

if they are they listen to rap in an attempt to have something that makes them cool and different. im a white guy who likes anime and reddit but i also like rap, look at me guys. also you all need to stop taking this as a personal insult, hes asking why neckbeards like rap, not why everyone who likes rap is a neckbeard. the defensiveness kind of just makes you look like one :^ ).
>>
4chan and Reddit are just different sides of the same coin. If you can't see the parallels, then you haven't spent enough time on this little yotsuba imageboard of ours

We're all neckbeards.

But actual neckbeards represent metal and all of its derivatives. Just like metal is super gay and over the top, but in an honest way, the gentle neckbeards wear their affection honestly, typically in the form of a Burzum t-shirt, lightly stained.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.