[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Both classics >Both well represent the 90's >But
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1
File: image.png (409 KB, 750x367) Image search: [Google]
image.png
409 KB, 750x367
>Both classics
>Both well represent the 90's
>But you can only pick one and never hear the one
>Which one mu?
>>
>>61411172

Wait, have I heard both but can only choose one to re-listen to for the rest of time?

In that case I want to only listen to Pinkerton. But I NEED to have heard the blue album at least once to have perspective, I guess.
>>
>>61411172
I would pick Pinkerton - I think the guitars are certainly a lot more potent, I think they're about equal in terms of pop songwriting - but the melancholic feel of some of Pinkerton wins it for me
>>
>>61411248
Let me rephrase myself
>You hear both again
>But then you have to choose one
>Say you pick Pinkerton
>You'll never be able to listen to Blue ever again
>>
>>61411172
The blue album for me, I love every track on it whereas there's some weakspots on Pinkerton. I absolutely adore both though
>>
Damn self bump
>>
>>61411372
Interesting
Blue album has a lot of replay
But pinkerton takes time
>>
>>61411172
Blue. I prefer its potent power pop to Pinkerton's introspective emo.

I got into Weezer before Pinkerton was even a thing though. Blue is the definitive Weezer album for me and Pinkerton felt like somewhat of a disappointment on release.

Don't get me started on Green. Weezer have been dead to me since.
>>
>>61411372
if you use the phrase "absolutely adore" ever again I kill your first born
>>
>>61411503
careful with that edge buddy
>>
>>61411172
Blue.

>Only in Dreams
>>
Neither and the fact that I have to listen to even one is garbage. It's a bunch of self proposed indie that winks at itself constantly like a music form of the big lebowski. Sings about insignificant things to make it seem "interesting" to those purposefully trying to differentiate themselves from those who listen to radio pop, when it itself is no better musically or melodically. If I had to choose to never hear the band ever as a third option, then you may as well have asked do I want my dick sucked my a thousand golden Angels.
>>
>>61411503
better yet kill yourself you fucking fat faggot
>>
>>61411450
This.
>>
>>61411629
>Don't cut yourself with all that edge
>>
>>61411172
I pick both so I will never be able to listen to them.
>>
>>61411629
Yeah, but what about the music?
>>
>>61411172
man this is so hard
fuck , both are on my 10 most played albums
Pinkerton wins for me, the pain in Rivers's voice is too much
>>
>>61413366
>the pain in Rivers's voice is too much

it doesn't even sound real. the guy is bitching and complaining about being a rockstar who gets laid too much and who thinks having a girlfriend is going to save his life. Also fantasizing about fucking a Japanese teenager across the sea who sent him a letter one time is so embarrassing. Rivers has some kind of personality disorder and anyone who can relate to him is most likely deranged
>>
Weezer? More like weiner, becaues this's what you suck if you actually listen to them LMAO
>>
>>61413656
>the guy is bitching and complaining about being a rockstar who gets laid too much and who thinks having a girlfriend is going to save his life.

If you dont believe this you have been lonely for a very long time friend.
Sex is cool, but being loved is cooler
>>
Only in Dreams on repeat, son! What I'm saying is I pick the blue album.
>>
>>61411503
Don't cut yourself, son.
>>
>>61413796
>Sex is cool, but being loved is cooler

You sound like a sex ed teacher trying to sound hip and cool talking to your students. Also, you completely missed the point
>>
both are shit for teenage girls lmao
>>
>>61415645
>it doesn't even sound real. the guy is bitching and complaining
But it is real, sex is good, but by having someone adds so many more oportunities. Plus having everything you ever wanted except one would be insane-driving for a guy like him i suppose.
>Rivers has some kind of personality disorder and anyone who can relate to him is most likely deranged
He might have, it doesnt remove any of the relatable sincerity. If you dont relate to at least 1 song in there you obviously are in denial.
>>
>>61411450
EWBAITE was great though
>>
While the Blue album has this maintained level of power pop both lyrically and musically, I feel even with the lesser tracks Pinkerton hits harder when it reaches its peaks. Tracks like Pink Triangle and Falling For You just hit me in the right place that brings me back to a time in my life where I was frustrated but coming to terms with myself.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.