[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is the only good thing to come out of Hip Hop's 30
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
This is the only good thing to come out of Hip Hop's 30 year history.
>>
>kanye fans pretend a death grips rip off is innovative
>>
>>61410299

yeah, no.
>>
>>61410357
show me a death grips song that sounds like blood on the leaves and i will delete my reddit account
>>
>>61410299
lol'd
>>
File: NationofMillions.jpg (258 KB, 953x953) Image search: [Google]
NationofMillions.jpg
258 KB, 953x953
>>61410299
its pretty obviously this and there's no real convincing argument otherwise
>>
i think yeezus is more similar to M.I.A.'s third album than DG.
>>
>>61410357
>thinking that bringing avantgarde trends to the mainstream isn't notable
David Bowie hello?!
>>61410362
>>61410366
Make an argument.
>>61410371
Nah FOABP but not ITAN
>>
>>61410384
Kanye influenced no one with yeezus, everyone is still making shitty trap music, now even kanye
>>
>>61410409

this
>>
>>61410365
do you actually have a reddit account?

or has post-irony gone too far
>>
>>61410409
i think it indirectly inspired a lot of people

obviously it didn't have 808's and heartbreak levels of influence, but that's rare to begin with. we're still living in the wake of it's influence.
>>
>>61410431
hoy shit you ktt faggots are delusional, fucking kanye himself just released a trap song
Kanye fell the fuck off
>>
>>61410409
When did I make an argument about influence? There's a reason Yeezus is the only good Hip Hop album, it's because it's so far above his contemporaries in terms of approach artistically and philosophically.
>>61410431
I do think there was some bit of influence in the grittier and "darker" production on some following albums but in any case I'm just talking about merit.
>>
>>61410384
>no real convincing argument otherwise
>>
>>61410441
w-what does that have to do with my post? i didn't even mention the shitty jumpman remix

i was talking about yeezus
>>
>>61410299
>stop being so obvious
>>
>>61410442

here's your reply
>>
>>61410444
With Yeezus, Kanye created a highly political hip hop album that, more than any of his predecessors, criticized the predatory capitalism of American society and the overpowering influence of white culture. Icons of white culture like God, skinheads, the open prairie are all appropriated for Kanye on this album of all-out assault. What's more, Kanye brought production comparable to David Bowie's Heroes: an adaptation of the underground musical taste into the Top40. If that's not incredibly significant in and of itself then you are being closedminded.

This will be looked back upon as his best album.
>>
Actually it's this.
>>
>>61410492
Kanye doesn't critique capitalism as much as express his annoyance at his at not being at the top of the capitalist foodchain. Like with the facts song. He's not saying "fuck nike, fuck corporations!", he's saying "fuck nike, I love adidas, because they love me". Far less interesting, frankly.
>>
>>61410496
Yeezus tackled much of the same topics (though much more offensive against white culture) two years before. Kendrick is mainly talking about how capitalism traps him and other black people in the system of failure and exploitation. Literally the same thing is talked about on New Slaves and Blood on the Leaves.
>>
>>61410535
I don't care about the lyrics.
>>
>>61410533
>"fuck nike, I love adidas, because they love me".
You're talking about FACTS which is not what this thread is about.
>>
>>61410558
Then why are you in a hip hop thread?
>>
>>61410569
I find a lot of other factors in the music far more interesting.
>>
>>61410584
>in hip hop
No, there really aren't.
The lyrics are the central focus of hip hop/rap and you know this.
>>
>>61410559
Kanye's thinking on facts is the same as his thinking on Yeezus
>>
>>61410592
Doesn't affect me. I take what I myself want from the music. Lyrics are just an inconvenience.
>>
>>61410615
Listen man I'm the same in other genres but you're still a fucking idiot to do that with hip hop.
You're acting like a teenager.
>>
>>61410630
Sorry you feel that way.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.