[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Best Hip Hop of 2015
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: homepage_large.97efc203.jpg (92 KB, 319x319) Image search: [Google]
homepage_large.97efc203.jpg
92 KB, 319x319
Not much into rap/hip hop, but I really liked pic related's Lift Me Up and Norf Norf.

>Jenny Death AOTY
>>
>>61397584
Yeah this was a good album. Really like the narrative depictions of what Vince sees on poppy street.

I rate this up there with TPAB. In my opinion, Summertimes 06 is the second best Hip Hop album of the year behind TPAB
>>
>>61397584
Didn't really like S06. Seems like he doesn't say anything with this EP. YO MAN I'M FROM THAT NORTH SIDE BEACH CRIP YEAH SOME SHIT HAPPENNED BUT I CANT TELL YOU THO BUT IT WAS BADASS AND HEAVY I SWEAR
>>
File: idontlikeshit.jpg (20 KB, 319x319) Image search: [Google]
idontlikeshit.jpg
20 KB, 319x319
This was my favorite hip hop album from 2015. I listen to it at least once a weak. Faucet and Grief are fantastic songs. Solace was even better, probably my SOTY.

Other projects I liked:
Xavier Wulf - Project X
Milo - So the Flies Don't Come
Plain Speaking - Scallops Hotel
Lil Ugly Mane - Oblivion Access
KOOL AD - O.K.

Travis Scott - Rodeo was mediocre, but Maria I'm Drunk is a great song, and one of my favorites from this year.

TPAB is overrated.
>>
>>61397709
>TPAB is overrated
Did you like it though. I doubt your feeble mind could even form an unbiased opinion at this point.
>>
>>61397761
I'm probably an edgy contrarian T B H.

I just didn't see all the hype to it. Some parts were good, but most of it was either forgettable or cheesy, like the repeated poem, interview with 2Pac, "Boo Boo", or the screams on U.
>>
Did you guys like Wav. Theory, Preacher's Son, ALLA, Barter 6?
>>
>Not SremmLife

You cunts.
>>
>>61397709
kool ad best rapper in the world
>>
>>61397709
IDLSIDGO was pretty meh for me. Earl's a great lyricist, but I can't listen to a rich and famous guy bitch about his life for 30 minutes.
>>
>>61398298
I like parts of Barter 6 (DS2 was better, sorry /mu/) and ALLA was so fucking dry.
>>
>>61398590
I really liked ALLA, nothing very deep as expected, it'd Rocky, but his main is flow and it was on fucking point, chill af. Wav Theory is based too, give it a go if you haven't already. Towkio is a piece of SAVEMONEY crew, his style is something Chance and Vic fans can all enjoy I'd say.

Didnt listen to that Future release tho, how is it?
>>
>>61398712
Shit. It's shit. Every Future release is shit. Every Future release will continue to be shit.

How does Young Thug or Future have any listeners outside of the people who just passively listen on the radio?
>>
>>61398712
>Didnt listen to that Future release tho, how is it
Future at his peak imo. No singing just a really monotonous flow leaking with cadence over grimey beats.
>>
File: 4x4-2015End.jpg (860 KB, 1008x1008) Image search: [Google]
4x4-2015End.jpg
860 KB, 1008x1008
>>61397584

Yee.
>>
>>61398298
Only listened to .Wav Theory which I thought was mediocre as fuck and ALLA which was just bad.
>>61397709
Solace was definitely my SOTY, IDLS was probably my second favorite rap album this year. Mantra is my favorite off it.
>>61397761
I'm with the guy you're replying to, I liked TPAB a lot, it was my third favorite rap album this year after IDLS and T&Y, but I feel like a lot of people were more enamored with what he was saying and the political context of the album instead of how he was saying things and the music.
>>61398318
This was awful, the dudes seem like nice guys and I get that their music is just supposed to be fun but I don't get why people are treating that as some serious musical accomplishment.
>>61398754
Same argument for these guys that I gave for Rae Sremmurd, but at least Thug tries to be a little more unique vocally and Future has that drugged out vibe thing going. They're both still bad rappers though.
>>
File: ShadowOfADoudt(s).jpg (1 MB, 1782x1782) Image search: [Google]
ShadowOfADoudt(s).jpg
1 MB, 1782x1782
My AOTY.

The most spacious trap I've ever listened too. In love with this whole record except for the atrocity which is 'Basketball Wives'
>>
>>61398835
>I don't get why people are treating that as some serious musical accomplishment.
Nobody is, they're Mike Will-Made It's boy band. That being said, Mike Will is a solid beat-maker.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.