[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
soad
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4
File: soad.jpg (176 KB, 1000x597) Image search: [Google]
soad.jpg
176 KB, 1000x597
anyone else love these guys?
>>
Me when I was 12-15
>>
>>61388247
I used to think they are the best band in the world. Grew up listening only to SOAD. The first album is their best record. The political lyrics and topics are really hardly relatable even after a while of not listening to them
>>
DUDE ARMENIAN GENOCIDE LMAO
>>
I used to listen to them like a maniac. I still think they are a good band, but I don't listen to them as much anymore.
>>
went to their concert in São Paulo last September. It was a nostalgia shot.

I still do like them, but not with the same fervor them before. It's a band we all should grow old some time in life but never forget about.
>>
Not since middle school,
not trying to be a dick, thats just when I got bored with them for various reasons.
>>
>>61388247
I hate band photos so much. Every single one is complete garbage. It's either everyone trying to look cool, or everyone trying to have a shtick so that they can be the guy that people know other than the singer.
>>
File: System_of_a_Down-Hypnotize.jpg (102 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
System_of_a_Down-Hypnotize.jpg
102 KB, 500x500
It's been a long time since i last listened to this guys but i'm listening to pic related right now and it's still pretty good
>>
>>61388247
Say what you want about SOAD, but they rock.
Also, if you guys like SOAD you should check out Scars on Broadway, Daron's side project.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Z0tylDhWFI
>>
I rarely listen to them anymore, but I still like all of their music a lot. They're one of the bands that really got me into music when I was a teen.
>>
I still listen to steal this album
>>
File: k2.png (14 KB, 126x126) Image search: [Google]
k2.png
14 KB, 126x126
>>61389787
tfw Daron will never finish recording that album/EP he was working on.
>>
CLUNK

CLUNK CLUNK CLUNK CLUNK CLUNK CLUNK CLUNK

TRYNABULIDAPRISON
>>
>>61388658
slint - spiderland
>>
>>61389921
I was hoping to see more from Daron, I really liked SoB debut album.
I'm sure in due time we will see something new, its only been 6 years...
>>
First band I got into. Literally didn't listen to anything but them for a couple of years. I don't know how I managed to did it. Got tired of them eventually, can't stand more than 1 song at a time.
>>
>>61390033
The teaser he released ages ago sounded so good too. I really liked their debut as well, it's a damn shame we probably won't get any more.
>>
>>61388247
First album is god tier, I love it for so many reasons. Toxicity was good, but definitely more buttrock, Steal This Album was a nice pair album with it that is better in some ways. Hypnotize is good, and Mezmerize is probably their worst but still has some great moments. The worst part of their last two albums is the production isn't near as good.
>>
>>61388658
Back when I was a musically ignorant 14 year old and always got Kerrang magazine that still always bothered me. The pictures are always so forced, its either "we're so cool and super serious" or "we're so wacky and fun and so fucking QUIRKY"
>>
>>61388247
SOAD is fucking awesome. ya'll haters r just faglords desu family
>>
First band I found by myself and really got into. I remember finding the song Hypnotize on youtube and just listening to it over and over again. Still enjoy listening to their music when it comes on, but don't listen to them that much anymore
>>
>>61388247
Korn + Spork = SOAD
>>
Mesmerized is a great album
>>
>>61388279
Really. That first album is ridiculously fucking good, it's a shame they never released an album after Toxicity.

>>61388812
They only put out good songs after Toxicity, never again good albums.
>>
Shame that they never got more respect. Not many bands are able to balance heaviness and melodicness, let alone adding in their weird shtick without it getting too sporky and dominating their sound.
>>
>>61393427
Sounds like an youtube comment
>>
>>61393427

They were huge for a while anon, even the jocks and chicks at my school liked them when Toxicity dropped. They headlined festivals around the world and made millions.
>>
I do. Their s/t is their best and I really don't like how hamfisted they can be with their political stuff but other than that I like them.

>>61388279
This Tbh. I grew up with then at those ages as well, nowadays they aren't my favorite band but I still appreciate them
>>
>>61391705
Rage Against the Machine + Spork = SOAD

they're shit
>>
My tastes have changed but i still love them
>>
serj tankian is awesome, both as a compositor and a singer
the rest of the band are buttmetallers that were dragging him down
>>
>>61388279
>used to think they are the best band in the world. Grew up listening only to SOAD.
Same here, I haven't touched them since I was 14/15 but if they released something new I'd be all over it, they'll always have a special place in my edgy teenaged heart.
>>
>>61388247
Yes! They love them >>>>>>>>>> www.reddit.com
>>
File: 1433971539425.jpg (117 KB, 527x565) Image search: [Google]
1433971539425.jpg
117 KB, 527x565
>>61394450
>being this insecure
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.