[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>I am white >And I've got everything I need >No
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 9
File: sean_bonette.jpg (96 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
sean_bonette.jpg
96 KB, 600x400
>I am white
>And I've got everything I need
>No one clutches their purses when they're in a room alone with me
>And I can drive through any neighborhood I please
>At any hour, and the police don't do a thing

>So if I see a penny on the ground
>I leave it alone or fucking flip it
>I'm a straight white male in America
>I've got all the luck I need

>I'm a guy getting paid more than a girl with a degree
>And I can walk down the streets after dark
>No one wants to rape me
>And I can get a girl pregnant
>And just as easily flee
>Just like my straight white male dad did to me

>I've got a pile of broken mirrors
>And I'm walking under ladders
>And I'm spilling tons of salt because to me that doesn't matter
>Because my skin and my gender and my orientation
>Are the best things to have when you live in this nation
>I recommend it highly

>Shit's going to work out for me
>I'm a straight white male in America
>I've got all the luck I need

What did he mean by this?
>>
He meant a lot of people are going to willingly become indignant about those lyrics and post in your thread to show just how upset they are
>>
>>61386585
It's ok to strenuously disagree with an artist's political stance, while still immensely enjoying said artist's politically-charged art.

Prove me wrong.
>>
The cuck anthem.
>>
>>61386963
lmao SJW cuck
>>
>>61386585
>literally a song praising cuckoldry

Nice try schlomo.
>>
>>61386585
Was he serious about this or was he taking the piss out of people who think you can't have it bad if you're a white guy. I'm inclined to believe that it's the former because you can tell this guy is a mangina.
>>
>>61386585
Why doesn't he just become a bisexual tranny if he hates himself so much?
>>
It's parody/satire you fucking autistic neckbeards he's not attacking you and he's not a SJW fucking idiots.
>>
>>61386585
>And I can get a girl pregnant
>And just as easily flee
>Just like my straight white male dad did to me

hmm
>>
>>61387069
this
>>
>>61387069
Have you listened to any of their discography? It's tongue-in-cheek certainly, but it's an honest discussion of white male privilege, which people on 4chan think is "feminazi SJW" for some reason.

>>61387046
It's also not saying you "can't have it bad if you're a white guy", most of their songs are about having it bad. Just that being a white guy gives you privilege in day-to-day life.

Come on /mu/ you're better than this.
>>
>>61386963
LELEL KEKS AM I RIGHT XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD XXXXDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDdddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd LEL
>>
>>61387098
good goyim. give your shekels to black lies, those yale students have it very bad.
>>
File: reeee.jpg (28 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
reeee.jpg
28 KB, 499x499
>privilege deniers
>>
File: backtoyourcontainmentsubreddit.jpg (660 KB, 3192x2124) Image search: [Google]
backtoyourcontainmentsubreddit.jpg
660 KB, 3192x2124
>>61387098
>unironically implying white male privilege exists
>>
But when your Hustler subscription and your Xanax prescriptions
Make you feel lonelier instead
You don't want to hear about all those starving children
You don't want to be told it's all in your head
'Cause if it's all in your head, that's terrible

I saw a junkie lying in a puddle of his own blood last week
I saw a cyclist get hit by a car
I saw a homeless guy chug a bottle of mouthwash on Christmas Eve
No, you can never fall too far

You can buy a salad glove, you can buy an iPod
And you can sell that shit to Bookmans when your wife dies and you lose your job
You can hope it gets better, you can follow your dreams
But hope is for presidents and dreams are for people who are sleeping

My friend Erin says it best, "at best, we're all two or three bad decisions away
from becoming the ones that we fear and pity"
And Tony says it's important to bear some witness when you can
And that’s not hard to do in the city that I live in

You don't have it any better, you don't have it any worse
You're an irreplaceable human soul with your own understanding of what it means to suffer
And that’s a huge bummer
>>
>>61386585
>calls his band punk folk
>not rephrasing the song about how white men are superior yet also making it a satire
>>
Fucking pitchfork is spilling again god dammit
If you want to suck nigger cock stay there
>>
>>61387101
Hello reddit!
>>
>>61387160
triggered cunt
go back to tumblr
>>
>>61386585
He's not wrong
>>
>>61387144

Perfect song to bring up in regards to the sincerity of American Tune.

But of course the people who think it's serious have never finished the album have they
>>
File: 20150823_022504.jpg (96 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
20150823_022504.jpg
96 KB, 640x480
Sean here, don't mean to ruin you guys personal interpretations but this song was completely sincere and I stand by it. I don't think it is a great song by any means, and would consider it in the vein of our older joke songs such as "Fuck White People". When we made that song the point was that we don't take ourselves too seriously, making an outrageous song and throw it in with the songs that we're proud of. Privilege exists, and though myself and I'm assuming Ben as well but I don't speak for him, are not in reality as obnoxious or naive as the song is, we also don't care very much for the opinions of people who are so bothered by it that they can't just skip or delete the song.

Also, in my defense, isn't most of our discography straight white males whining about their problems? Come on guys!
>>
>>61387115
>>61387141
This! Also, global warming is a liberal conspiracy, and the devil put dinosaur bones on Earth to trick mankind.
>>
>>61387194
lol no. reddit is home of the PC faggots that get triggered by AJJ songs, like you.
>>
>>61387251
>muh /pol/ boogeyman
>>
>>61387281
Go back to tumblr, faggot. This thread's for REAL men like Clint Eastwood and Phil Robertson.
>>
>>61387257
>PC faggots that get triggered by AJJ songs
contradictory statement
>>
>>61387239
That is true, but if its really you, give proof
>>
File: 1432435002344.png (229 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1432435002344.png
229 KB, 900x900
i swear to god i found an interview where that cuck sean says the song is sincere, but i cannot for the life of me find it again. i should have book marked it.
maybe it was all a dream.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (8 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
8 KB, 480x360
>>61387239
first thing that comes up on an image search
>>
>>61387323
>cuck
I really like this image. Do you mind if I save it?
>>
>>61387331
hell be fine
>>
>>61387335
please don't that will diminish its value
>>
>>61387257
im not sure you understand whats going on here
>>
File: banana-strip.jpg (37 KB, 473x500) Image search: [Google]
banana-strip.jpg
37 KB, 473x500
>>61387342
>>
>>61387364
JESUS FUCKING CHRIST IF I SEE THIS GODAMN FUCKING PIC EVER AGAIN I WILS JAD HSKAJBDOSABDJKSABDKJASB FUCK YOU FCUK YOU FUCK YIU FUCK oYU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU ASSHOLE PIECE OF SHIT GOOAOD YOU AND YOUR FUCKING BANANAS
>>
File: 359015660_03538e94c0_b.jpg (443 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
359015660_03538e94c0_b.jpg
443 KB, 1024x683
>I honestly don't want to play Going to Georgia ever again. I really confronted my old catalog because I began getting more and more engaged with my feminism, and I think Going to Georgia is a bullshit song. Bottom line: I know it's got a nice melody, and it's got a cool vibe, but that dude is bullshit and I don't want to be involved with him anymore. I'm not saying I'll never play it, I probably will, especially when the three of us are playing it kind of rocks, but I wish its lyrics were different, I don't know what to do with that. I don't like what's going on in that song. It seems daring and edgy to a 26-year-old dude to have a guy who goes down with a gun for unknown purposes to see somebody he claims to love, but to my present self, that guy is a fucking asshole. I don't like to celebrate things like that. I'm not ashamed of the song, the song has a vibe, I can't deny it, and I listen to Cannibal Corpse, you know. The song 'Fucked with a Knife', there aren't multiple readings of that song. That song is a terrible, horrible song but you know, my own part in that stuff, I don't know. I have complex feelings about it.

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>61387305
nope. PC works both ways. it can describe both people who get triggered by songs about white privilege, and people who get triggered by (for example) white people saying nigger. political correctness means never hurting ANYONES feelings.
>>
>>61387378
it's all yours my friend :)
>>
>>61386585
If you can't admit that there are a lot of white liberal types who are absolutely buttfucking retarded you should just kill yourself.
>>
>>61386601
Woah anon are you a wizard
>>
>>61387405
>it works in both ways if i say it does

back to your cuckshed
>>
>>61387405
whoever told you that was wrong.
>>
>>61387425
hahah,great pic
>>
>>61387460
youre retarded if you dont think it works both ways. what else would you call people triggered by a song? special snowflakes? that doesnt fit. PC works fine to describe your type.
>>
>>61387460
>trying to make your own safespace

You just proved his point. Not too bright, are ya?
>>
>>61386585
>>61387239
cancerous af and still unimpressive in all regards. I guess that's kind of an accomplishment.
>>
>>61387473
And youre a cuck if you think anything in the ops lyrics is right. Have a nice day cuck.

>>61387477
>Ignoring all the points I made
>>
File: image.jpg (50 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
50 KB, 250x250
I'm sorry
For something I didn't do
Lynched somebody
But I don't know who
You blame me for slavery
A hundred years before I was born

GUILTY OF BEING WHITE [x4]

I'm sorry
For something I didn't do
Lynched somebody
But I don't know who
You blame me for slavery
A hundred years before I was born

GUILTY OF BEING WHITE [x4]

I'm a convict
GUILTY
Of a racist crime
GUILTY
I've only served
GUILTY
19 years of my time
>>
>>61387464
no, its not wrong. i know it hurts to admit it but you are the exact same as the tumblrinas that get triggered over words on a screen. word meanings evolve, and now that we live in a society (assuming youre american) where everyone is equal, PC can technically apply to both /pol/tards and tumblrinas. if we still lived in a society where people were unequal, than yeah PC would only be able to describe one group.

>>61387487
>if you think anything in the ops lyrics is right
except i never said that ANYWHERE. i dont even listen to this band.
>>
>>61387487
I cant stop laughing. Screencapped
>>
I would pay 100 dollars to watch a /pol/tard say "cuck" in public to normal human beings.
>>
>No one clutches their purses when they're in a room alone with me
Maybe that's because you look like a giant pussy.
>>
Does that mean that I'm unlucky and should feel bad for being latino?
>>
>>61387534
This.

But seriously, throwing the term around implies that the individual is extremely insecure about losing their significant other to a black man.
I don't see why anyone would want to make their insecurities known. They may as well be yelling from the rooftops "I'm scared that I am inadequate
and that a black man is going to steal my woman. Please pity me!" Just doesn't make sense. I end up laughing whenever I see anyone use the term in a serious context.
>>
>>61386585

Looks like some fag
checked a couple boxes
shoulda checked the privilege
to a pack of hungry foxes
this guy grey as cardboard
come lyric or twine
if he stayed in his cubicle
he'd be doing just fine
but no here he is
continuing to whine
if he did it on the street
would they throw the bum a dime?
Think they'd likely stab him
for thinking such a thing
and saying it out loud
‘I think I am a king!'
>>
>>61388596
Oh damn that's embarassing.
>>
>>61388969

>for you
>>
>>61387069
No it's not satire, he's 100% serious, he said that in an interview
>>
>>61389014
He said that ironically.
>>
>>61389097

You're irrelevant.
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.