[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do white writers describe hip-hop releases as having "dropped"?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
File: d7273270.png (495 KB, 534x538) Image search: [Google]
d7273270.png
495 KB, 534x538
Why do white writers describe hip-hop releases as having "dropped"? Is that ethnic?
>>
>>61377278
Meant to link http://pitchfork.com/news/61922-lil-b-drops-thugged-out-pissed-off/
>>
album of the year

mixtape of the decade
>>
SHOUT OUT TO LESBIANS CAUSE I STAY WITH THE STRAP
>>
>>61377278
This is Lil B's post from earlier today.

Just herd news from basedworld studios that Lil B may drop thugged out pissed off mixtape today?!!!!! Wowww - Lil B

He used the word drop. Stop reading into this shit too much.
>>
>>61378528

St. Vincent/ Tegan and Sara collab confirmed?
>>
I love, bitches.
>>
>>61377278
Because it's American slang?
It's not inherently ethnic either.

Saying "NEW ALBUM DROPPED" builds hype for new material.
>>
>>61377278
I've waited so long for this.
Thank You, Lil B
>>
>>61377278
Thank you BasedGod. Truly the greatest artist of our generation
>>
>lil b
>2015
Lmfao
All the ironic appeal has worn off he's not entertaining anymore
>>
>>61380920
Careful anon, lil b mastered meme magic long before the incident we had this year.
>>
BITCH TRIED TO CHILD SUPPORT

I'M GON HIT A LICK

THE BITCH TRIED TO CHILD SUPPORT

I MIGHT KILL THE BITCH
>>
>>61381456
i hate how that didnt make the tape
>>
Shut the fuck up go outside and make friends
>>
>>61380920
it's not even ironic though. i sound mad gay but you have to listen to him for super long to really get it.
>>
>>61381476
Just checked and what the fuck B.

That was a certified hood classic. If it isn't on there, I will rip it and add it myself. The thugging is simply too heavy to ignore.
>>
>>61381550
it's ironic
>>
>>61380920
Unarguably correct
>>
>>61381964
Dont say bullshit like "unarguably" when you know plenty people disagree with you, makes you sound a bit obnoxious
>>
>>61381957
its literally not ironic at all
>>
>>61382120
it's literally completely ironic
>>
>>61377278
cultural appropriation, side effect of being a descendent and a contributor to colonizer culture etc etc
>>
>>61382393
the only irony involved w lil b are his fake fans who just make memes and dont understand the music
lil b is completely sincere
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.