[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
explain why you like this without giving a meme answer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2
File: 2273937.jpg (60 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
2273937.jpg
60 KB, 500x500
explain why you like this without giving a meme answer
>>
>>61375765
What would a meme answer look like?
>>
I think the first half of the album is perfect and let down is one of my favorite songs.
>>
because i like the MEME

MNEMEMMEE

MEEEEEEEEMMMMMEEEEEES I LIVE FOR MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEMMMMMMEEEEEEES

MEME!
>>
>>61376076
I..is this what a meme answer looks like?...
>>
>>61376120
yep, thats an average radiohead fan
>>
>>61375765

Where to start?

I guess the most obvious reason(s) for me personally off the top of my head, would be all of the special effects and studio treatment on each track (The Tourist being a notable example)

It's like Pink Floyd + The Velvet Underground, King Crimson, The Beatles, etc, all the best bands combined into one and their philosophy presented for a modern audience
>>
>>61376174
But I enjoy Radiohead. Do I really sound like that?
>>
>>61376208
no, you see past memes
>>
>>61376177
god you're so fucking gay shut the fuck up

MEMES
>>
File: Don't try to stop me.jpg (274 KB, 1324x1169) Image search: [Google]
Don't try to stop me.jpg
274 KB, 1324x1169
>>61376177
>All the best bands
>>
>>61376177
>Pink Floyd
Shit
>Velvet Underground
Mediocre
>King Crimson
Unbelievably shit
>Beatles
Okay
>>
It's a tad bit ahead of its time. Most albums made in '97 were either post-grunge and older grunge bands still puffing out schlock (Pearl Jam, eyes on you), overdone brit-pop, and boy bands. It has interesting themes (transportation, paranoia, fear of the future, technology, and melancholy). The lyrics are undeniably Radiohead lyrics: Moody, sparks of humor and sarcasm, and love him or hate him, Thom Yorke has a very memorable voice. Instruments are played very well by all members. They are one of those bands that are such great studio musicians that their live acts cannot truly live up to the recorded version (they had to practice Paranoid Android for many months before adding it to a live setlist). Aside from its integrity and merit, album sales and critical acclaim helped this album get where it is today. Personally I rate it a 7.9 or 8/10. Some tracks don't interest me a whole lot, but as an album, I very much enjoy it.
>>
>>61376220
I do it for you.
>>
>>61376268
thank you :)
>>
>>61376266
memepost
>>
>>61376280
<3
>>
needing the value of music proven to you is a meme so either way it's go fuck yourself
>>
>>61376309
okay thanks fuck off newtrip
>>
Cause it's a good pop record with solid songwriting?

As derivative as it is from all their influences, Radiohead manage to find the middle ground between accessibility and the merits of music from the influenced artists. It also manages to capture the mundane technological zeitgeist of the late 1990s. Everything is trains, computers and Thom Yorke supporting the terrorist organization known as Greenpeace.

Take the ending of Climbing Up The Walls. Incredibly simple songwriting core that finalizes in Greenwood's tribute to Penderecki (which is basically what his whole soundtrack career is).

Is it revolutionary? Hell no.
Is it a good pop record? Yes.
>>
>>61376309
rude desu
>>
>>61376321
wow i'm just trying ot have a good time
>>
>>61376343
holy shit shut the fuck off
you don't even have an interesting personality
>>
>>61376370
Why are you being so hostile?
>>
>>61376391
shut up manlet
>>
>>61376399
Did Thom Yorke molest you?
>>
>>61376410
shut up manlet
>>
>>61376417
He did. Didn't he.
>>
>>61376430
shut up manlet
>>
>>61376447
telnam pu tuhs
>>
it makes me feel oddly depressed but optimistic, and my dad used to play it when i was a kid.
>>
i find it sonically pleasant, and sometimes thats all i really want from an album
>>
>>61376067
>let down is one of my favorite songs.

this desu

i have studied it from every possible angle and i ultimately came to the conclusion that it literally and actually is a perfectly arranged song. i can't find a single flaw.
>>
>>61376177

>Don't give a meme answer
>Lists 4 fucking meme bands

Fuck dude
>>
>>61375765
I don't like this and don't understand /mu/'s obsession with it.

It isn't bad, just sub par and extremely boring. Sounds like elevator music.

The only thing I like about this album is its uniquely tumultuous emotional shifts where you experience feelings of sadness, happiness, ambition and the like throughout the duration of one song. That is the only redeemable quality about this album - besides that, it's very mediocre.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.