[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Plagiarism in music
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: nocutandpaste.jpg (32 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
nocutandpaste.jpg
32 KB, 225x225
What do you think about plagiarism and stealing in music?

It has been present in all forms of art since always, there have always been artists that stole ideas from others' paintings, books, songs; but I personally really dislike plagiarizing a song, that being without giving any sort of credit to the original artist. I mean, sampling is OK I guess, there are some really intelligent and creative examples of sampling, but stealing and then pretending nothing ever happened is so repulsive to me. It worsens my view on a certain artist if I discover their famous songs were actually plagiats.

This collection of 30 minutes of steals and samples got me onto thinking (watch all of it if you want, I discovered so many songs have been stolen (or samples) and I never even knew or thought about it): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWARsOPz39o
>>
Sage with these dubs bb
>>
I dunno, influence is ok, but if it got to the point that someone's life was constantly hacked that they couldn't even live anymore I would think the person lifting the ideas had gone too far by that point.

If you came to my office and this was explained to me, I'd go fucking loopy and drop you as I do have morals.

>you killed blind gumbo? you fuck head
>>
>>61371401
Hip Hop
>>
I dont give a fuck
>>
>>61371619
speak to him from me and he fucking will do
>>
>>61371401
Members of Oasis and Led Zeppelin dislike your thread.
>>
If you copy old songs, you sound old.
>>
you are a fucking idiot
>>
>>61371645
which of them copied more?
>>
will.i.am should not be your criteria
>>
>>61371536
huh?
>>
>>61371401
Nice video, I also just now discovered those steals. But hey, what can you do
>>
>>61371401
it makes me laugh when wrong generation kids hate on modern music despite that pop now is just ripping off old pop which they like

As far as what I think about it though, I really don't care. The music that copies other music is usually bland and not worth listening to anyway.
No musician will ever be anyone else so they should not even try, generally the more original an idea, the purer it is and the more I like it
>>
that thumbnail prevents me from watching the video, sorry
>>
>>61374155
Come on, the content of video has nothing to do with its creator's taste for memes. Don't be so close minded.
>>
>>61374199
i was just joking anon, im watching it right now. i remember hearing half of these songs knowing they were stolen, the lambada, take on me, and black eyed peas one were obvious
>>
>>61371401
thanks for reminding me of this song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PAwp_1wYz8
it is a fun one
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.