[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright, I just gave this "learning guitar" thing a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: file.png (154 KB, 768x270) Image search: [Google]
file.png
154 KB, 768x270
Alright, I just gave this "learning guitar" thing a genuine effort and I'm here to call bullshit on this faggot ass instrument

The frets all feel the same and the strings in the middle feel almost identical so it's literally guess work to find the right fret/string at any given time.

Want to go from fret 5 string 5 to fret 14 string 3? Well good fucking luck, you have to slide your hand down the fretboard and hope you land somewhere else and use your other hand to reach down and pray you dont get the 4th or 6th string by accident.

Keep in mind that you have to do this in a split second constantly if you plan on playing any sort of song.

Guitarfags literally expect you to be able to count out the right string and fret to move to within a millisecond

It's fucking bullshit and stupid

I'm so fucking pissed I wasted my money on this stupid ass instrument
>>
>>61370338
The challenge is fun
>>
You're allowed look at the guitar while you play it you idiot.
>>
>>61370338
how have you lived for this long?
>>
Not all strings feel the same. Two contiguous strings do feel the same, more or less, but anyone with tact can tell the difference between their low E and their D.
Not all frets feel the same either, the difference is more subtle, but they shrink in size as you go down and that's very clear.
Familiarising yourself with those sensations is as much a part of practice as familiarising yourself with the motions that go along with the guitar and the position. That's what practice is all about: learning this new information and sensations so you can play well based on them.
For example: Feeling the string in your finger can tell you what string you are on, true, but it's not the only element: how much you've bent your wrist and the angle you're holding it in also serve to feed you the information you need to determine where you are in a split second. Same with frets. In two words: Muscle Memory.

Also, and this is also important: you can, just, y'know... look at the guitar when you need to, you chucklefuck.

But seriously, don't give up.
>>
>>61370338
Fine, ill bite
It was pretty much the same for me for about 1 month, after six months you will perfectly memorize at least the upper half of the neck (frets 1-12) enough to go from any fret of any string to any feet of any string without thinking.
>>
>>61370338

why would you go from fret 5 string 5 to fret 14 string 3? why not just use a higher string on a lower fret, genuinely curious if there is a reason for this
>>
>>61370919
i usually do that but each string's timbre does sound different so if you wanted to do an accurate cover of a song i imagine u would play it exactly the same
>>
>>61370919
This is more noticeable if you are on acoustic, but still important to a degree if you are on electric: A thicker string on a higher fret sounds more "warm" and a bit more opaque than a thinner string making the same note on a lower fret.
>>
>>61370338
>>>/sp/64555484
>>
No one who genuinely sticks with it is somewhat decent until 3-4 years in. Thats why you should have started young...
>>
>>61370338
having no musical talent must suck
>>
>>61370338
Quitter
>>
>>61372134
Not true, anyone who I know who is inherently musical picked up and were extremely proficient at the instrument within a year or two
>>
this is copypasta stop replying you dildoes
>>
>>61375626
fuck you last page bump nigger
>>
>>61370338
You either haven't given a genuine effort, or are extremely lacking in any ability to play the instrument, probably both. Just give up music for good.
>>
how can you be this stupid?
>>
>>61370338
Nice meme
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.