[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do most Brits and yuros sound American when they sing?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 1446624099746.jpg (783 KB, 2333x3000) Image search: [Google]
1446624099746.jpg
783 KB, 2333x3000
Why do most Brits and yuros sound American when they sing?
>>
because they want to pretend to be free like us americans
>>
they don't
>>
>>61368108
Most from 2000 onwards do
>>
because money
more Americans willing to buy music
>>
>>61368096
it's all an illusion

we are holograms in a computer simulation
>>
>>61368379
delete this.
>>
Because America is the greatest country on Earth
>>
>>61368361
a mix of this and the fact that most up-and-coming british pop singers learn to sing from/aspire to emulate american pop singers since they're more universally popular and shit
>>
>>61368472
I don't agree with this. There are many massively popular British pop singers from all decades
>>
>>61368534
yes, of course there are, it's just that in this day and age, most of the massively popular pop singers are american
if i went out onto a street in london right now and asked random people to name a famous popstar, at least three quarters of the answers i got would be americans
>>
They don't. They really don't. Listen for bowels like "mask" or "past" or words like that, or T's. They retain their normal pronunciation. But a lot of things that denote accents in english (contracted bowels, specific cadences and such) are eliminated when singing. It's an oddity that emerges in our language specifically because of the way our accents work.
>>
>>61368665
Why does my phone correct "vowels" to "bowels"? When have I ever written "bowels" in my life?
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.