[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why did "indie music" die?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 1
why did "indie music" die?
>>
Wouldn't it be more correct to say "have died"?
Any britfags?
>>
>>61366085
It didn't? Depends on if you're defining it literally or as a genre. Either way, there are still people making music without a label backing them, and there are still people making lofi genre blending stuff.
>>
>>61366085
It became the new 'alternative'
>>
>>61366130
uh, no
>>
>>61366085
For the same reason "rock music" died. It became ubiquitous to the point where it became a cliché.

The ideas behind it live on in the dozens of other genres that absorbed its influences. That's pretty much the highest form of success a genre can attain.
>>
>>61366085
Because it mostly appeals to white cis males, who the tastemakers at Pitchfork have decided are worth less than a dog turd they've just stepped in. Feminists and niggers are the in-thing now.
>>
>>61366347
>niggers are the in-thing now.

you're new as fuck
>>
because rocktimism
>>
>>61366440
explain
>>
>>61366347
Your kind will be culled.
>>
>>61366526
No, we'll just go under the radar until this whole SJW fad blows over.
>>
someone post that copypasta about grizzly bear being a dystopian future where testosterone is banned and how this dude's gf didn't put out after seeing them
>>
>>61366085

Indie died because all the bands got signed up to a label so they just became alt rock
>>
>>61366085
apple music and redit
>>
i think you mean lo-fi + alt rock
>>
>>61366085
Your pic is exactly why.
>>
>>61367849
explain
>>
>>61367913
Terminally boring, milquetoast garbage that takes no artistic risks and lacks any sort of edge to it.
>>
Does mtv weird vibes represent the rise and fall of the indie mu? I kinda misss that show, but it only existed while "indie" was this cool thing, post 2009.
>>
>>
>>61367965
nice opinion there bud, I still disagree with you
>>
It all ended with Nirvana
>>
>white music is being eradicated

feels so good 2bh
>>
>>61368110
what does that even mean?
>>
>>61368118
>tfw their stripping us of our culture
>>
>>61366347
its true actually
>>
>>61368118
>people say "white" here but actually imply white USA residents
>>
>>61368154
nasheeds are also replacing euro white music
>>
>>61366085
Because mainstream alternative rock got pushed forward and everyone started to copy that sound.
>>
>>61367965
so you're just given us reasons as to why you don't like it...
>>
>>61366085
It's called indie because as soon as it was in, it die.
>>
>>61366085
Because it uses indie as a genre when it's really just independently released and sometimes produced music.
>>
>>61368412
That is what indie originally meant, but 2000s indie wasn't a genre, it was a sound and a style.
>>
>>61367965
>milquetoast

This is the most cringeworthy word ever invented.
>>
Because niggers and women consume more radio music. When we all realize both are useless things will return to normal. Just wait 5-10 years
>>
>>61368735
I'm a nigger and Yellow House is on my top 5 indeh of all time tbqhwy
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.