[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do you keep coming back to /mu/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 6
File: rick mccallum.gif (963 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
rick mccallum.gif
963 KB, 500x281
Why do you keep coming back to /mu/?
>>
for the memes
>>
>>61365792
I just... like it here
>>
I'm stylistically designed to be that way
>>
because I'm sad
>>
Amnesia
>>
I spent a lot of time here in 2008-2010 and now I'm back for the nostalgia and to see if rock music in the 2010s is as dead as it looked like it would be. It is.
>>
Sharethreads and leeching leaked albums.
>>
>>61365792
Blindfold threads on Mondays.
I don't know why I bother coming back here during the week. It's very rare to actually find good discussion. It happens occasionally but if I'm honest, not often enough to make it worth it.
>>
After I get bored of /mu/ I'll probably be gone from 4chan in general.

Whilst I've been here for a while, this is the last board I seriously got into. All the other boards I browsed I've gone off eventually. /mu/ and 4chan in general has a tonne of cool people with eclectic taste and knowledge, and whilst that has never been the overriding experience of 4chan, it's becoming increasingly rare. So what you have is a fuck tonne of shitposting, and the occasional thread that reminds you why you come back. And those threads, and also an element of routine, are why I keep coming back. But it won't last for too much longer.

You will develop better taste by browsing 4chan's art boards, be it /mu/, /lit/ or /tv/. Not so much by droning the most popular works on the board, but the 4chan mentality forces to listen to things out of your comfort zone, or else you'll be dismissed as a pleb. And that's great.

Thanks for reading my blog, like and suscribe
>>
Chart threads. I don't care about recs I'm just very lonely and like it when people reply to my post. I might stop doing it though because my shit taste is probably annoying.
>>
It's kinda my home.
I like the "culture", the constant bickering and discussion, it feels like a family.
Occasionally I will also find a great album or discuss one of my favourites.

It's just nice I guess.
>>
there's nothing on the telly, no-where to go and no one I want to be with, and I have no money to do things other than sitting in this room

so, as we're stuck here the subject may as well be music
>>
>>61365792

because it's so dense
>>
I don't.

I've probably been on this board a handful of times.

This is the first time in probably 4 years.

I hate all of you.
>>
>>61366746
Why do you hate me? :^(
>>
/mu/ spams the best of pitchfork core so i dont have to sift through it myself
>>
Because even though it sucks, it's better than reddit and pitchfork.
>>
>>61365792
all the deathgrips, gybe, petshop sounds memeing aside, i find here some good new music to listen to.
>>
came for the memes, stayed for the shitposting
>>
I love being judged for my pleb taste.
>>
File: What is my life?.jpg (175 KB, 359x369) Image search: [Google]
What is my life?.jpg
175 KB, 359x369
>>
shitposting
lavren
leaks
feels
bantz
>>
>>61367036
I hate that pet sounds has become a bit of a meme, I love that album fiercely
>>
i probably would kill myself if dont come here hahah
>>
Memes like this one >>61367051
>>
I like to laugh at elitists.
>>
>>61365792
4chan has fucked me up to the point where I can't enjoy an website that doesn't feature next-level bantz.
>>
>>61365792
because is the board with the worst taste in music
>>
>>61367072
Same here. That was my point. The constant memeing on this board has been spoiling stuff more than promoting it imo.
Perhaps it's the general self-entitled attitude most of the users have
>>
>>61367098
There aren't any here, which is why it's so shit.
>>
420chans taste is shit
>>
Nothing better to do because no friends, no interests, no hobbies, no skills, and no job.
>>
>>61367424
What a Patrician
>>
>>61365792
1. find out about music i didn't know about
2. i only have like one friend as interested in music as me
>>
lonely
>>
>>61367307
Very much this actually.
>>
>>61365792
In the mild hope that there are some other production people on here, who know a lot, but are humble and just love sharing info.
>>
>>61365792
For the memes
>>
To post my music and absorb the positive comments. It makes me feel good and more motivated to try harder at not sucking.
>>
>>61368002
There are better ways to find new music.
Although I think the /mu/ gestalt of opinions is a good way to stay abreast of popular releases without actually listening to them.
>>
>>61368055
May I hear some of your music now?
>>
>>61368164
Yes.

https://soundcloud.com/alexander-robichaud/sounds-from-monday-evening

It means a lot that you would ask
>>
>>61368192
throw away your guitar and learn a different instrument
>>
>>61365792
nothing else to do fucke me live kill self
>>
you fuckers are my friends
>>
[spoiler]I come here exactly once a month from /v/ for shits and giggles. I always start a St. Vincent shitposting thread.[/spoiler]
>>
>>61368192
Good stuff man. Followed.
Do you mind telling me the mics and mic positions you recorded with?
Your songwriting is strong, your mixing needs work. Your mixing isn't bad at all, it just sounds... young. You've got a way to go with it.

I really dig it. You've got a nice voice and the guitar follows well.

Regarding what this nonce said >>61368209
Keep up with the guitar, maybe start on some piano too.

Listening to more of your stuff now haha.
>>
>>61368209
Would you believe I used to be worse
>>
kpop general
>>
File: turtlet.png (50 KB, 747x443) Image search: [Google]
turtlet.png
50 KB, 747x443
/hhg/
>>
>>61368291
Thanks a lot for the kind words my man, this shit legit keeps me going

>Do you mind telling me the mics and mic positions you recorded with?
I just sung in the garage with my phone recording in the corner.
>...your mixing needs work. Your mixing isn't bad at all, it just sounds... young. You've got a way to go with it.
Yeah ive never mixed anything in my life. Although I did buy a USB mic a couple weeks ago to try and mess around with audio software for the first time, pretty frustrating stuff to figure out desu
>>
>>61368414
Which software (DAW) are you using? Don't be afraid to look up (youtube or whatever) mic techniques for acoustic guitar/vox ect. I was lucky enough to have a good sound engineering education, but if you don't - look it up. So many awesome people are posting great information to help you.

Holy shit. I figured your setup wasn't great, due to the sound quality - but fuck me, well done recording that in a garage on a phone... that turned out really well. Seriously.
>>
>>61365792
I can't talk to anyone else about music and I'm already accustomed to this board anyways

Plus every music subreddit sucks ass, ESPECIALLY r/indieheads
>>
>>61366317
Yep, this.
>>
>>61368304
the way you're strumming is painful, the chords are going "Thud" "Thud" , it's 'bloke at the beach showing off to get a bird' to the point of screaming.

the lyrics are pretty good , the music makes me ill.

:O)

re-record the whole thing in straight 4 and see if it still works
>>
>>61368502
I'm genuinely surprised that it impresses you, thanks man.
>Which software (DAW) are you using? Don't be afraid to look up (youtube or whatever) mic techniques for acoustic guitar/vox ect.
I'm using audacity. Only tip I've seen so far is the noise removal thing that gets rid of background noise. I'll try to look more into that stuff. I've mostly just been messing around with harmony and making sicc hip hop acapella beats
>>
>>61368849
I think I understood maybe 15% of your post desu
>>
>>61368950

le jeu de guitare me rend malade. Toutefois , je tiens les paroles . Je beleive la chanson doit être enregistrée à nouveau d'une manière différente .
>>
>>61368916
Try Reaper. You get a free trial and the full version is only $60.

If you are not using an interface, Audacity will have to do for now. I suggest you invest in a cheap 1 or 2 input interface. Focusrite have some fantastic cheap gear, that works really well.
>>
File: 1411592748119.png (24 KB, 100x100) Image search: [Google]
1411592748119.png
24 KB, 100x100
>>61365792
To LAUGH at you shitheads.
>>
>>61369042
Well it's nice to know you like the lyrics. Maybe I'll try picking something instead of regular chords
>>61369122
Well if I understand interfaces correctly, you need an electric instrument to plug into it right? Because I don't have any of those sadly. I'm working with limited resources unfortunately
>>
>>61369264
>. Maybe I'll try picking something instead of regular chords

it's the delivery of the chords, not the chords themselves. and I'm prejudiced against acoustic guitars.
>>
https://www.utab.com/music/B_ftREe0UE1

This is incredible.
>>
>>61369311
>it's the delivery of the chords, not the chords themselves
You lost me again
>>
Because I don't have a job or friends. Well, there is one person who I'd consider a true friend out of a bunch of people who I think are pretending to like me, but she's not in town very often now.
>>
>>61366317
>You will develop better taste by browsing 4chan's art boards, be it [...] /tv/

/tv/ is absolute shit dude. You may have one or two valuable threads once in a while but most of it is just circlejerking over blockbuster movies and normie-tier TV shows.
>>
>>61365792
dubs
>>
I get bored of Facebook
>>
>>61367051
Can i steal that pic goodsir
>>
File: jj.jpg (7 KB, 228x221) Image search: [Google]
jj.jpg
7 KB, 228x221
>>61365792
Virtually all of my friends are normies/tumblrfags, so I don't really enjoy talking about music irl. /mu/ is the only place where i can discuss, share, and discover music I like
>>
>>61366061
I also come here mainly for the /jazz/

Also the dank memes. /mu/ moves pretty fast and I like of at least tolerate a lot of the music. That's popular here.
>>
i have nothing else to do and ive been coming here for the last 5 years so I'm used to it
>>
>>61369834
Live life bro.
>>
i start coming here less and less everyday

i think its because /v/ is coming here
>>
>>61365808
this
this
this
>>
Because it's generally a pretty funny place.

Also news.
>>
File: 1435909946977.jpg (52 KB, 640x632) Image search: [Google]
1435909946977.jpg
52 KB, 640x632
>>61370666
>Because it's generally a pretty funny place.
>>
i don't even know t b h
>>
>>61369584
and /pol/ bait
Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.