[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we get a rap thread? Bars? Songs? Albums?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7
File: mf_doom_by_nhmorrissey-d5f9ucy.jpg (160 KB, 730x1095) Image search: [Google]
mf_doom_by_nhmorrissey-d5f9ucy.jpg
160 KB, 730x1095
Can we get a rap thread? Bars? Songs? Albums?
>>
DOOMStarks-album coming February.
Never been this excited about an album.
>>
Recommending this. If I had to describe it compared to other artists I'd say it's somewhere between MF Doom and Jedi Mind Tricks. Really dense lyrics, it takes a few listens to really get what's he saying, but this is one of the smartest albums I've heard and definitely my favorite this year.

Oh and he samples the Blood Meridian audio book which is pretty dope and was what originally got my interest
>>
NO!
>>
Favorite verse that sort of contrasts an artist's main theme of work?

El-P's verse in Dr. Hellno and the Praying Mantus sounds so different from everything else in Fantastic Damage, but is pretty close to my favorite song of his.

https://youtu.be/D1scw7OrsAk
>>
File: 1447657338167.jpg (61 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1447657338167.jpg
61 KB, 600x600
Anyone else like the scenes in between the songs more then the actual songs themselves? Only really felt Stainless and Like Woah
>>
>>61360622
It's a good track, I like vast aire on it as well. It took a long time to warm on me though. The sex lyrics are funny enough to justify them
>>
>>61360622
I really like Blueprint's verse on Aesop's Daylight EP, but dislike Blueprint's other music. Doesn't even sound like the same person.
>>
>>61360673
totally agree, first listen i felt like the whole thing was great

second time through i realized i didnt really care for most songs, but the skits inbetween
>>
File: image.jpg (170 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
170 KB, 700x700
this album is amazing senpai
>>
What do yall think of meek mill
>>
>>61361962
a faggot
>>
the new nef the pharaoh song sounds kinda like prime weezy
https://soundcloud.com/nefidelaphante/no-masturbation
>>
>>61362030
Who's your favorite rapper, I wanna hear this
>>
It's a damn shame how underappreciated the main attrakionz are My noise band has more views than any of their new tracks
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hg_Sb2fpMTY
>>
File: drake.png (104 KB, 257x438) Image search: [Google]
drake.png
104 KB, 257x438
>>61362124
>>
>>61362124
DOOM, Ghostface and GZA.
At least better than Meek
>>
>>61362232
Those are basically rappers from a different genre

Meek is a great modern radio rapper
>>
>>61362446
Some dope modern rappers:
Tyler, the Creator
Earl Sweatshirt
Hodgy Beats
Chris Rivers
>>
>>61362446
>Meek is a great modern radio rapper
umm... ok
>>
>>61362495
>Tyler
>great

Are you joking? I don't hate the guy but if you're unironically saying he's a great rapper I can't take your opinion seriously
>>
>>61362446
Philly rappers better than Meek:
Black Thought
Beanie Sigel
Cassidy
Freeway
Kurupt
Vinnie Paz
>>
>>61362549
Yeah this I absolutely agree with

But come on Meek's had some really good singles and is authentic
>>
i think this album is a masterpiece. all the features are great too (i EAT wit my... i SLEEP with my.... roll DEEP with my...)and the fact that dizzee was 17 is just mindblowing. where do i go from here? i have no grime exposure. only other UK garage-y artist i know/like is burial
>>
>>61362533
I'm not saying he's great, but I still rally like his style and personality.
>>
>>61360257
Been bumpin chris travis a lot lately
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jr9qNnUO1YA

Can anyone post more hip hop as good as this?
>>
>>61362577
Sure, he's decent. He can flow and knows how to deliver a punchline, but he's got shit for personality and his songs are always about nothing.
>>
>>61362592
His music is not very good and it's still much better than his shitty youtube comedy persona.

I'm not necessarily shitting on him as a guy, I was into his stuff for a while, but I cannot imagine thinking his style and persona are in any way appealing.
>>
>>61362648
Yeah I'll concede that for sure. Especially cause you did list off much better Philly rappers
>>
File: idontlikeshit.jpg (20 KB, 319x319) Image search: [Google]
idontlikeshit.jpg
20 KB, 319x319
What is your Hip Hop AOTY?

Personally I love IDLSIDGO, which is surprising since I don't care for any of Earls earlier work. I've listened to it at least once a week since it's release.

>>61360673
The Big Sean skit was funny, and the final skit at the end of the album was heartwarming. However I feel similar to >>61360811. On first listen I thought it was a cool album, but I couldn't think of any specific moment from it. After a few more listens it last all replay value. Although Young Jesus is a great song.
>>61361098
It really is. I liked Oblivion Access and it's darker themes. But MTI is a perfect hip hip album to me.
>>
>>61362776
I can't say that I was the biggest fan of IDLS, but I absolutely loved solace. If I really had to pick an AOTY, It'd probably something safe and boring like TPAB or TBTB. Milo's second album and The Documentary 2.5 were personal favourites, but they had their problems, like how most of the second half of the Documentary 2.5 was full of duds.

If I had to pick a single song though, it'd be this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNQq_SbVLXY
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.