[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do hiphop/ rap fans think of Post Malone?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 2
File: post3.jpg (155 KB, 375x443) Image search: [Google]
post3.jpg
155 KB, 375x443
What do hiphop/ rap fans think of Post Malone?
>>
hot fuckin garbage. Music that white college hipster boys who hate themselves over white guilt listen to
>>
culture vulture, just like the rest of u white devils trying to cash in on the black mans soul
>>
Actual shit. Possibly the most obvious industry plant ever.
>>
>>61352100
No dude. He got famous from his Sound Cloud song "White Iverson". He wasn't discovered or even heard of until it.
>>
>>61352167
So you're saying that he randomly hit the jackpot with the FIRST song he ever released. He doesn't even have any poverty mixtapes floating around or anything. All there is of him pre White Iverson is a video of him singing Bob Dylan from years ago which pretty much proves that he's a culture vulture too.

Viral videos happen all the time, sure, but the odds of having your first ever release end up becoming a huge radio hit and kickstarting your career are effectively impossible. There's no way Post did this on his own.

Oh, and there's also the fact that White Iverson and most of his other tracks have been produced by fucking FKi. If he hadn't been discovered as you say, how the fuck did he get FKi to produce his first ever track?

Obvious industry plant.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (56 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
56 KB, 1280x720
>>61352167
daily reminder that Post Malone was doing this before he met Lyor Cohen's kid and became a studio gangster:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_NS9Vd1sMA
https://vimeo.com/128336376

making friends with a label head's son is about as "industry plant" as you get.
>>
>>61352850
never heard of this guy before, that song white iverson was pretty fucking awful. Seems like people are now trying to capiltalise on underground rap shit- Chance the Rapper is a recent example of this.

His first mixtape released to no acclaim, no big name producers.

Like a year later he has fucking big names and big features and is on a justin Beiber song. He's a decent rapper and all but the way his rise has taken place is incredible. Like what the fuck. Must have some pretty fucking tight management.
>>
asher roth of this gen
>>
shit white version of young thug
>>
I saw him live a few weeks ago. Was actually surprisingly good,I hadn't heard of him before and it definitely made me a fan.
>>
>>61353077
Every big artist, regardless of artistic merit, in the the history of music has ascended because of good management and industry reps you autistic twat
>>
Too Young slaps.
>>
>>61352036
id rather listen to lil moust bh
>>
>>61352850
>unironically using the term "culture vulture"
hello reddit!
>>
>>61352036
I'd rather listen to dad rock than this garbage.
>>
>>61352036
sick of seeing this wiggers goofy ass face, music is alright tho
>>
>>61352973

That actually isn't that bad decent voice kind of annoying/generic pronunciation though.
>>
Music is wack as fuck
> culture vulture
> weak ass autotune
> no appeal
> won't last long
>>
>>61352056

this, so fucking sad. There are so many sub-cultures and main white cultures you can be involved in but they just pretend to black and perpetuate their own nonsense trying to find an identity.
>>
>>61352056
Why do you hate him?
>>61352068
Why do you hate him like that, what he did to you?
>>61352100
Is he bad as that you're saying or you're mad cause his success?
>>61352850
He got talent
>>61352973
Hes kinda of an "planting" because his record deal, but he got something fresh and new to hip hop.

I know Kanye West was been arround with some trash, cosigning hacks but he saw something good on Post Malone.
>>
>>61354280
>>61354233
>>61352056

Ok, but the industry specially the record labels is giving what the consumers, most white people and teenagers likes.

Iggy Azalea
Charlie Puth
Post Malone +++++

You can call they trash whatever but whats determinate this thing is the Vox Populi, who is most strong and powerful than your empty opinion.

baka
>>
>>61354387
*are giving

This actually a good song with Post Malone vocals:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSylXUR1T8w

not gonna lie!
>>
SAUCING SAUCING ON YOU
>>
>>61354415
The song the his verses https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLQe3hZ4ozM
>>
>>61354329
>hur dur why da hate guise
Look kiddo it boils down to this simplification.

The guy perpetuates a stereotype of moronic white trash. Everything about him is destructive to culture.

Right now their are idiots out there like you, whom seem to think that this man, a paid agent of subversion, is any being of actual talent when in reality this guys sole purpose in life is to continuing to spread refuse through mass media to destabilize people through the radicalization of culture and the body politic at large.

Simply you're an idiot for not seeing the forest for the trees.
>>
I bet if he was Hispanic or Maracan like French Montana, you guys would accept him.
>>
white iverson is catchy don't see him lasting to long though
>>
>>61354387
All the other people you listed are well known trash, besides maybe Charlie Puth whom I've only heard one of his records. Anyway, how are you gauging this "vox populi" you psuedo-intelligent fart-bin? Chris Brown has over 40 million likes on facebook, 20 million on instagram and 15 mil on twitter yet his album is set out to sell 134k-150k 1st week. WTF this music is being recieved for the trash it is.

Don't buy into it because it is "popular" it's still trash and everything that >>61354516 said as well. Dumb fucks
>>
>>61354711
I'm not telling this is good music overall, you fucking faggot, i'm saying they're a commercial appeal for the normie people who likes their music.
>>
>>61354516

Anyway, is your choice to not liking him. He said himlself, hes a "industry plant". But nobody have to like an artist based totally on his authenticy or originality.
>>
>>61354711
>134k-150k
Those are good numbers. Katy Perry didnt sell much more than that and shes the highest paid musician.
>>
>>61354865
and im telling you you're an asstard. this is not music this is commercialized bullshit that is only going to further perpetuate the dumbing down of a generation.
>>
>>61354937
> Katy Perry
> Highest paid musician
You've already proven how much of an imbecile you are. Taylor Swift went platinum in a week -- sold a million records. J. Cole went platinum. Drake went platinum. And Adele sold over 4.5 millions records in 3 weeks span.
>>
>>61354985
She literally is look it up retard. Why are you listing a bunch of random musicians who went platinum.
>>
>>61354950
But White people likes this
>>
>>61355046
White people don't like this. Sure white trash likes it, or leftist elitist cucks do.

But your average white isn't going to say, hey yo homie lemme get some of dat post I hear his race shaming new mix tape is hot.
>>
>>61352036
jesus christ this dude is hideous. Worst facial hair of all time
>>
hes a plant, his shit is like a checklist of everything viral rappers do. literally a clickbait rapper.
>>
>>61355134
Whats is a white trash?
>>
>>61352973
After seeing this, I deleted all his songs off my phone. This dude is a fake. A pawn.
>>
>>61352973
>fresh and new

literally cringed.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.