[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>'Computers are the future of art. Not humans. We humans,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: John Maus.jpg (7 KB, 299x169) Image search: [Google]
John Maus.jpg
7 KB, 299x169
>'Computers are the future of art. Not humans. We humans, are bold enough I hope, to admit if something "better" can do the job... And if so, we should let it. I.E. quantum-powered quasi conscious machines capable of many thousand+ petaflops taking into account the entire history of all music through both audio input and OCR score analysis. Every book. Every poem. Every painting. Every sculpture. Uploaded in a few weeks. Implementation of genetic and or other algorhithims slash programs to "predict" or "gather" an evolution and expedite it... Worlds and galaxies beyond the chromaticism and subsequent minimalism of 20th century music... Aware of the limitations, NONE, i.e. 4:33, i.e. R. Mutt's Urinal, i.e. Tristan Tzaras poems... Not only could a computer copy Beethoven as has been done allready... It could do what Beethoven did and initiate the turn events which dictated the course of Western music for the next two centuries... And it could do it again and again and again

John Maus, ahead of the curve (he wrote this in 2003 FYI)
>>
what the hell happened to that album he was gonna release this year
>>
good

i'm tired of having to make any effort at all in my life

eagerly awaiting permanent computerized indulgence of the future
>>
inb4 guitar fags
>>
this is news? Kraftwerk did in in 1978. Pink Floyed even earlier. Walter Carlos was doing it in 1960s.
>>
>>61351435
Kraftwerk?

are you kidding me.
>>
>>61351240
I thought he said 2016
>>
>>61351206
And yet it would still fall short, incapable of grasping feeling, emotion, the human element that it takes to truly birth great art.
>>
>>61351206

Regardless of what these faggots with their macbooks and ipads think; there will always been a place for instruments. Samples and presets are not art.
>>
>>61351206
Literally who?
>>
>>61351206
>quantum-powered quasi conscious machines

top kek. he's clearly a moron
>>
>>61351757
damn
>>
>>61351763
Nigga, a computer can make any sound that a human can hear. I'm sure an ai capable of making music doesn't need instruments as it has all the resources necessary.
>>
>"South Park" is great and so is "Metalocalypse". Real human suffering and the body's pain are offered up as high-camp moments of cheap entertainment and derisive contempt, but in such a way as to move culture to become mindful of its own untruth. People can say what they want about television, but I think pop music, television, all this stuff only forfeits its right to exist when it mimics history's verdicts and finds itself forbidden to reverse them. I don't think these shows do that. It would be a difficult thing to carefully articulate what these shows do-- how they're radical and how they're interesting-- but I just think it's too easy to dismiss popular television shows outright
How is this guy a genius lel? Because he uses big words?
>>
>>61351757
A super AI would be able to grasp all that because emotion is, after all, a set of electronic impulses sent through your brain. The network to create those feelings is utterly complex, which is why we haven't been able to recreate them in a program, but one day it will happen.
>>
File: john-maus.jpg (63 KB, 608x404) Image search: [Google]
john-maus.jpg
63 KB, 608x404
>''The bottom line is that I am stupid... I am imbecelic and ignorant. Any reeeal thinker wouldn't even think twice about wiping their ass with these boring, american, 20 something, retarded ideas. So here it is you guttless paltroons. You wailing sacks... Rock N' Roll and all her bastard grandchildren suck... They are terrible... They are banalities... BANALITIES... Can I ever stress it enough... Ever... Ever... Ever... Ever.. I'm not crashing anyones party, I'm fucking retarded. RETARDED. Do you read me asshole, RETARDED... But not as retarded as fucking hip-hop... Oooohhhh, and thats just the start... Two minutes... No. No. No. precisely five minutes or so of exposure (like radiation exposure, only WORSE) sickens me beyond my comprehension to speak... IT sickens me so unbelievably much I want to scrape at my eyes and genitals... ME. ME. ME.
>>
>>61351757
Well that would depend how well designed the computer is. There's nothing a human brain does that a computer couldn't emulate perfectly if well designed.
Humans don't have souls, ya dingus.
>>
>>61351206
I feel that people who say that computers in the future will create art instead of humans don't appreciate the reason people actually create art. It's a passion to people, not simply something they can do. Even if computers in the future can create art, there will still be human artists who were never programmed as such.
>>
>>61352156
No doubt, they will. Just as some people will still do house work that computers could easily do. To the end user, it will most likely not matter if a human or computer created the art or entertainment they're consuming.
>>
File: DSC_0275.jpg (3 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0275.jpg
3 MB, 3840x2160
saw this today at goodwill ..
>>
>>61351240

his computer was about to finish it but it became addicted to meth and is now in rehab.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.