[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I don't understand this trend of hyper-consumerism on this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: 1450229413500.gif (2 MB, 430x430) Image search: [Google]
1450229413500.gif
2 MB, 430x430
I don't understand this trend of hyper-consumerism on this board, where everyone falls over themselves to sing praises of the most bland top 40 pop, pretending it's god's gift to music.

Stop it.
>>
show me one thread on the board right now that is doing that
>>
>>61344789
Every thread thats not /classical/, /trad/ or /noise/
>>
>>61344832
Wrong answer. Try again.
>>
>>61344765
>I don't understand this
>Stop it.
stopped reading there.
>>
>>61344765

Okay OP, let me show you why you're a faggot. Watch slowly
> top 40 pop
is
> top 40 pop

That doesn't mean it's bad because some normies listen to it. Personally I don't even notice when something I listen is in the top 40, and if it was I wouldn't mind. (I think recently Adele was in it, I still like her new album, no matter who listens to it )

You're just some pseudo-edgy guy trying to show off that any music is stupid if it's on top40 pop or anything normies listen to. But that's more complicated than that, since music is (still) subjective, you judge music by listening to it and not by watching its ranking.

Now shut the fuck up and go cry.
>>
>>61344832
>implying /metal/ has the time to do that
we're too busy shitposting and memeing
>>
It's called "poptimism". Welcome to the argument, here's your t-shirt.
>>
does anyone else notice a trend about people that hate obscure music or people that just complain about poptimism constantly post anime pictures?

like is this something only autists do or what
>>
>>61345048
It's probably the same shitty anon shitposting, he can't get over the fact that people aren't as obscure as him, hidden in his mom's closet and stuff
>>
>>61344856
at the end?
>>
>>61344887

>That doesn't mean it's bad because some normies listen to it

It most certainly DOES mean that, you rape accident. Fuck you I want to discuss wall noise, not normalfag music

*rapes you*
>>
When the underground is too mainstrem, mainstream itself becomes the new underground.
Usually with some years of delay

EXAMPLE: 50's rock in the 70's, 60's pop in the 80's, 70's disco, 80's general shit and 90's rock today
>>
>>61345629
dehfuck ?
Pop isn't a genre per say

60's was Rock/Soul
70's was Soul/Funk
80's was Funk/Disco
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.